What's new

Normmatt's DeSmuME v0.3.5 WIP 1

Nanis

Wow...a new version 2 days ago? i was afraid that the DS emulating is done for :( Thanks
BTW,cool features,all we need now is a version that can run all games,but as long as i know there is hope,i can wait
Good work

spotanjo3

Nanis said:
Wow...a new version 2 days ago? i was afraid that the DS emulating is done for :( Thanks
BTW,cool features,all we need now is a version that can run all games,but as long as i know there is hope,i can wait
Good work

no$gba is your only hope since it is the best emulator out there that played nds games in between fully playable and partially playable and some are blanks. Keep your eyes on it.

Desmume is slow and in progressing.

WhiteX

marione said:
is it possible to change language (like Ideas)?

thanks

This goes for all emulators, you will be able to change the language if the game allows you to, the emulator has nothing to do with that.
If the game has the files for dialogue and menus in other languages, all emulators will let you use it but if the game has it not there´s no way the emulator will translate the game for you.

marione

Banned
WhiteX said:
This goes for all emulators, you will be able to change the language if the game allows you to, the emulator has nothing to do with that.
If the game has the files for dialogue and menus in other languages, all emulators will let you use it but if the game has it not there´s no way the emulator will translate the game for you.

hi WhiteX
if you want, try to use "zoo keeper (E)" in ideas emulator, go in file/preference and set language to "italian", run emulation and see

go in file/preference and set language "english", rerun emulation and see

Maybe is this features present in other emuator by changing file cfg or ini?

Thanks

P.S.: the emulators don't translate of course

Last edited:

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
Many games set their in-game language after the DS BIOS settings. Try switching between English, German, French etc. and boot up ex. Mario Kart DS.

EDIT: too late :p

spotanjo3

marione said:
hi WhiteX
if you want, try to use "zoo keeper (E)" in ideas emulator, go in file/preference and set language to "italian", run emulation and see

go in file/preference and set language "english", rerun emulation and see

Maybe is this features present in other emuator by changing file cfg or ini?

Thanks

P.S.: the emulators don't translate of course

No, some games have multilanguages that you can switch but not every games will have multilanguages. Most the games are in english only. Some have one language for example, Madagascar (F) #0370 which means this game is only speak in french and Madagascar (U) speak in english only. Depend on what companies are willing to. :)

Last edited:

marione

Banned
Rockmangames said:
No, some games have multilanguages that you can switch but not every games will have multilanguages. Most the games are in english only. Some have one language for example, Madagascar (F) #0370 which means this game is only speak in french and Madagascar (U) speak in english only. Depend on what companies are willing to. :)

Hi Rockmangames
do you try some (European) game like zoo keeper or mario64 in Ideas?
There is a console language setting than switch the game's language

Ideas emule this, other DS emulator maybe no...

thanks ;)

spotanjo3

Hi!

Yes I am aware of that but do you really need the language ? Many people are happy with english, I guess.;)

Just forget iDeaS for it is dead in the water for a while. Desmume and no$gba are both still active. One thing you need to know about this no$gba because it is going to be top to watch for because many nds roms are ingames!

synch

Shameless plug: source doesn't compile without some tweaking on VisualC 7.1, and, if you've got an exact list of what you plan working on, I'll try to focus on other features (mostly interested on the 3D), if I get enough free time to dedicate to the emu.

Normmatt

synch said:
Shameless plug: source doesn't compile without some tweaking on VisualC 7.1, and, if you've got an exact list of what you plan working on, I'll try to focus on other features (mostly interested on the 3D), if I get enough free time to dedicate to the emu.

If you want to focus on 3D feel free. I have added Yopyop's old 3d core from the first release or two and it seems to work fine except for the 2d and 3d graphic surfaces are fighting for control and it causes flickering, if you know how to fix it or want to take a look at it email me or add me to msn (both should be on my profile page)

Last edited:

synch

Normmatt: Sorry for being lazy, but what source are you talking about? Where can I download it? (If it's included on the package in your blog, I've not found it :p) I've just installed the devkitpro, and I'm gonna start fixing the bugs the armwrestler (from Mic/author of Dualis) points.

spotanjo3

Normmatt: It’s not weather I’m able to implement it or not its that emulating it would open the emulation scene to lots of warezers wanting to play popular nds games which i think they should buy. saving will eventually emulated but only when the nds goes out of fashion a little as its a good handheld and people should actually buy it instead of emulating it.

See ? Tsk tsk.

Normmatt

synch said:
Normmatt: Sorry for being lazy, but what source are you talking about? Where can I download it? (If it's included on the package in your blog, I've not found it :p) I've just installed the devkitpro, and I'm gonna start fixing the bugs the armwrestler (from Mic/author of Dualis) points.

By the source i meant the latest source code not posted on my blog which includes basic sound and 3d emulation.

Any if your working on fixing the cpu good luck it would be great to have a fully functional cpu with no bugs =]

synch

Well, yesterday I fixed the remaining thumb bad opcodes that armwrestler reported, and quite a bunch of the arm ones. Now "just" missing the MOV, and the LDM** ones, which I'm working at the moment :)

I'll look for that sources, I guess they are the ones from NDesmume 0.4.0 or the 0.3.3 ones. I'll have to look deeper, because I already looked the two source packages and didn't found a thing (I was too sleepy after 6h of arm debug :p).

Normmatt

synch said:
Well, yesterday I fixed the remaining thumb bad opcodes that armwrestler reported, and quite a bunch of the arm ones. Now "just" missing the MOV, and the LDM** ones, which I'm working at the moment :)

I'll look for that sources, I guess they are the ones from NDesmume 0.4.0 or the 0.3.3 ones. I'll have to look deeper, because I already looked the two source packages and didn't found a thing (I was too sleepy after 6h of arm debug :p).

Wow nice, if you have MSN add me.

Also the sources i refer to are those only i have as i added both sound and 3d into desmume.

diablow

So, any binaries to play with? In worst case the source would suffice. Just can't wait to get my hands on something new :).