What's new

Normmatt's DeSmuME v0.3.5 WIP 1

Dalthon

• Speed Increase since last release
  • Loading multiply roms without closing should now work fine
  • Basic frame skipping (dont use unless your experimenting as it could cause glitchs)
  • Savestates should also be alot better
  • New KeyConfig dialog
  • Anything else ive missed :)
http://normmatt.com/blog/?p=16

Low Lines

Brilliant!! :bouncy:

None of that sounds like it will affect compat so that's a relief too LOL

But emu features are very good too, take VBA, it has some of the most handy little options you can use to mess with the playback of a game. Normmatt is doing the same sort of thing, which I think is great, especially if it will be included on the first Official Build from the DeSmuME Project ;)

spotanjo3

But....

Normatte seems to forgot to put 0.3.5 wip 1 because I click it and it shown 0.3.3 instead, lol. Do you notice ?

EDIT: I will contact his messenger about it if he isn't aware about it.

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:
But....

Normatte seems to forgot to put 0.3.5 wip 1 because I click it and it shown 0.3.3 instead, lol. Do you notice ?

EDIT: I will contact his messenger about it if he isn't aware about it.

You get fussed over the strangest things Rockmangames LOL :bouncy:

Btw, although roms can now be loaded without the need to restart the program, this feature is a little buggy if you have enabled the pause function.

I like the frameskip, I can get some really nice FPS with those, and I don't mind missing frames because I used to play VBA on a 64MB RAM PC. Haven't come across any bugs yet though with it. But I would assume it will cause problems with 3D emulation since that is using a different processor?

Nice work Normmatt :bouncy:

spotanjo3

Low Lines said:
You get fussed over the strangest things Rockmangames LOL :bouncy:

Btw, although roms can now be loaded without the need to restart the program, this feature is a little buggy if you have enabled the pause function.

I like the frameskip, I can get some really nice FPS with those, and I don't mind missing frames because I used to play VBA on a 64MB RAM PC. Haven't come across any bugs yet though with it. But I would assume it will cause problems with 3D emulation since that is using a different processor?

Nice work Normmatt :bouncy:

Is it so wrong to fussed over the strange things ? HEH!

Nah, you are wrong. ;)

<Normmatt> i forgot to change it :p

<Normmatt> ill change it for the next wip :p

See ? :p

Last edited:

Low Lines

Yep....

Anyway more bugs....this time with key controls

There seems to be something wrong with the key registry because I pressed Z & X (on keyboard not NDS keys) and the emulator crashed, along with the F key as well.

And the obvious one, screens are flipped but Normmatt already knows about that ;)

On a good note, I think Super Princess Peach is playing a little bit faster now (without frameskip) but then I can't be sure. More bug reports from me if I find them.

spotanjo3

Then please report to him. It was default but I dont liked what it was so I change to my prefer keys to use the keyboard and it is fine. :)

davidpoiu

Yeah, several times the TouchScreen is drawed in the upper window, and vice versa... The more big improvement than I see, is the frameskip :)

Antonio92

davidpoiu said:
Yeah, several times the TouchScreen is drawed in the upper window, and vice versa... The more big improvement than I see, is the frameskip :)

Yes, this is a big bug in this version... but this version works better than 0.3.4, just as well...
But I wait impatient for new functions in future versions: Sound of the games (When? WHEN?), 3D games support (Mario 64 DS, NFSU2, WarioWare Touched...) and the... microphone? :drool: This is possible... use the computer microphone as the nintendo DS micròphone... But we must wait some time...

spotanjo3

Antonio92,

Please do not ask when. Just enjoy what you are having right now. It will get improvement but no when at all. :);)

Low Lines

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

I need to ask if anyone else, when they run this build and press keys on the keyboard that aren't defined as controls keys it crashes??

I tested it on both my computers, and it seemed to crash on one of them, though both computers are practically the same in make and specs only difference between them I can make is that this one is connected to the net and gets auto updates.

I've spoken with Normmatt about it, he hasn't got a clue, so I am asking if anybody else gets this problem?

Oddly the X, Z and F keys seem most sensitive and crash if you press them twice. And I am talking keyboard keys not NDS keys.

I just want to make sure it's just my computer that's doing it, or else there may be some sort of system requirement or something...

Confirmation please :unsure:

spotanjo3

There is still a Bug: You musn’t hit a key that is not used. If you do DeSmuME crashes.

Click CONFIG: Change your controls for your keyboard then you will be fine. No problem to me now.

Low Lines

I know that.....but I am trying to determine what it is that is causing it :bouncy:

Here look this is what the error message thingo said on two separate tests with the keys....

--Test 1--
AppName: desmume.exe AppVer: 0.0.3.4 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00011e5a

--Test 2--
AppName: desmume.exe AppVer: 0.0.3.4 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00011e58

It was on about Windows NT but that can't be right because I got XP SP2 installed. Also which keys become the ones that crash depend on the ones you have defined as your controls.

Cos I swapped the Z & X keys over and they don't crash the emu but now B & W do it instead. Hopefully this helps Normmatt.

Last edited:

Cyberman

Ok Win NT 5.0 is Windows2K ... see?
And WinXP is Win NT 6.0 see?
Now Longhorn (short horn?) is like Win NT 7.0 :)

Why am I saying this? because it is Windows NT just repackaged and renamed. Do you think MS would actually develope something NEW? Like from scratch? DOS survived all the way to Windows 3.11! (Windows loaded on top of dos until windows 95 and even then it still sort of did).

Now as for what's causing the error, it's likely a resources thing. Likely undefined key being used is causing an event and something doesn't like that, or isn't there to recieve it.

Cyb

Low Lines

makes sense I suppose....I mean I knew I had seen this version of windows somewhere before LOL :bouncy:

Hmm so this bug might be like a registry loop or something? As in the process of picking out your keys is still like on. Or maybe Normmatt has stored some kind of variable as like 0 (ie actions) and it ain't setting all the keys to 0??

Or at least that is how it would be in actionscript....if you don't make sure everything returns to NULL or 0 other things happen.....Am I talking along the right lines.....hopefully??? :unsure: