What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

knowitman

I don't know if this is the plugin or the wrapper, but I was playing Mario Kart 64 two player when I got this weird clipping in the reverse Luigi's Speedway track in the tunnel. I figured you might want to look at this.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
knowitman said:
I don't know if this is the plugin or the wrapper, but I was playing Mario Kart 64 two player when I got this weird clipping in the reverse Luigi's Speedway track in the tunnel. I figured you might want to look at this.
It's most likely plugin's error. Could you give me save file from this place?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:
It's most likely plugin's error. Could you give me save file from this place?

No, i think it was a problem with the wrapper (i forgot to enable the scissor test). Here's a new version of the wrapper, it's ready for the next glide64 release and should fix the scissor issue.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Wait, this is compiled the same date (also same size) as the latest version I have... ermm so i guess it's the same thing :(

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
No, it's been compiled today.... it's normal that it's the same sime as there aren't many changes.... except if i have attached the wrong dll but i don't think so

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Federelli, it's the modification date that counts. The other two depend on when windows thinks that you created the file and the last time you used it. The wrong date is probably a fault of the OS. Hacktarux uploaded the correct file so don't worry ;)

Last edited:

Emu_Lover

Damn!!! The Lens of Truth still doesn't work right. I still can't see stuff like the ladders on the snow cliff and the blue platforms in the Goron Village. This in my opinion is the only thing keeping Zelda 64 1 and 2 from having perfect emulation with this wrapper.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Hack, are this optimizations somehow usefull to you? Since you are using OpenGL.

Instead of
xx = (x * x) * i;
yy = (y * y) * i;
zz = (z * z) * i;
xy = (x * y) * i;
yz = (y * z) * i;
zx = (z * x) * i;

Use:

xx1 = x ;
xy1 = y ;
yy1 = y ;
yz1 = z ;
zz1 = z ;
zx1 = z ;
for(m=1;m++;m<=x)
{ xx1 = xx1 + x ;
xy1 = xy1 + y ;
zx1 = zx1 + z }
for(m=1;m++;m<=y)
{ yy1 = yy1 + y ;
yz1 = yz1 + y ; }
for(m=1;m++;m<=z)
{ zz1 = zz1 + z ; }

for(m=1;m++;m<=i)
{ xx = xx + xx1 ;
xy = xy + xy1 ;
zx = zx + zx1 ;
yy = yy + yy1 ;
yz = yz + yz1 ;
zz = zz + zz1 ;

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
What's this crap ?

1) it's not faster, it's slower and speed depends on your numbers
2) it only works with integer
3) i fail to see why you posted this and what's the relation with opengl and my wrapper

Federelli

Beta Tester
1) It's supposed to be faster, it is in Quake2.
2) How should i know
3) I though your wrapper used OpenGL.

Sorry i was trying to help, i'll go shoot myself now.

Shin_Gouki

in the end its not THAT easy to make progress , Federelli ^^°
but in the end you tried :D, so dont shoot yourself plz ;)
wbr Shin Gouki

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Yes, a new version of the wrapper for you all... it's using GLSL (the opengl shading language) for video cards that support it which mean for you that it should support all combiner modes :)

If you know your video card support pixel shaders and you have problems, be sure you have the latest video drivers.

I don't know which games are fixed by this version as i haven't really tested it but let me know if you find something that didn't work before ;)