What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
sounds good, i'll give it a try.

edit: I don't remember the last version having this problem: (among other things...)

check out the funky mario 64, it looks cool but it is bugged

mario kart64...

It seems to be a bit of a step back from the last release so far (no offence) still appreciate the effort :p

i'm using 5.3 ati catylst drivers, my specs are in my sig. latest glide64.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Probably not, I just tried the version that comes with the plugin, it doesn't have any of these problems. seems the new version dislikes ati cards.

Reznor007

I tested Mario64 on my Radeon 9600 using the Cat 5.3 drivers and I get the same orange background on the title screen.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Ok, those screenshots are what i get when there's an error in the GLSL code.... But now, there shouldn't be any problem. It would probably mean the ATI's GLSL compiler is buggy... Is there a tool for ATI video cards that log the GLSL compiler errors ?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Here's a version that should display compilation errors... let's hope the ATI drivers will report something clearly understandable.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Hacktarux said:
Here's a version that should display compilation errors... let's hope the ATI drivers will report something clearly understandable.

Heres the errormessages I got.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
it seems like ATI compiler don't know how to convert 0 to 0.0 :(

Well, if it's the only error, it's easy to fix... and here's the new binary ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Hacktarux said:
it seems like ATI compiler don't know how to convert 0 to 0.0 :(

Well, if it's the only error, it's easy to fix... and here's the new binary ;)
Looks like you fixed it, heres a screenie, please compile one without the error message :p

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Ok, nvidia drivers aren't reporting anything when a shader is compiled succesufully... well, here's a binary with compilation errors disabled:

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Banjo-Tooie!!!

Wow, Banjo-Tooie is now playable! I have never on any plugin gotten past the intro because it is blank. What's the problem with NBA Hang Time? All plugins slooow down. Can I fix that?

BANJO-TOOIE screenshots:

banjotooie.bmp

b2.jpg

b2speel.jpg

>neospy

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
this has nothing to do with this thread, but whatever... ATI is equally good as Nvidia for n64 emulation.

Also, while i'm on the subject. heres some tips to make you more likeable on emutalk.

1) Don't revive old threads, this is the first time you haven't done it, look at the date of the last post.
2) Don't post 1megabyte attachments.
3) Don't post off-topic of the thread. (aint so bad as the other two though)

Seriously if you don't change your emutalk habits you will piss off a lot of people and just end up getting banned, don't take this as an attack take it as advice.

Now back on topic.

Last edited:

snipe

Hacktarux said:
Ok, nvidia drivers aren't reporting anything when a shader is compiled succesufully... well, here's a binary with compilation errors disabled:

would he like to know if it is possible to use her glide3x with the plate voodoo 5 5500 without problems?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
snipe said:
would he like to know if it is possible to use her glide3x with the plate voodoo 5 5500 without problems?
Voodoo 5 has glide3x of its own, you would have no need for a wrapper such as this, just drivers.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
And another version for easter day ;)

It fixes some bugs, includes an option to disable the new glsl combiner and i've added hq2x and hq4x filters.