What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Mystic Gohan : What kind of gfx errors ?
Also, be sure to not use any 5x.xx nvidia driver, they all suck, they're very buggy imo. Use either a 4x.xx driver or better a 6x.xx drivers. 6x.xx is still beta and can't be found on official nvidia site, but from what i've seen, many problems that were in 5x.xx are fixed and they are also faster.

knowitman

Search google for the 6x.xx nvidia drivers. You will find them easily that way. Then just use the readme files on how to install them since it isn't like normal drivers.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I installed the forceware 61.40 drivers and I must say it's a huge difference. I get great results with your wrapper. Thnx for the help hacktarux.

otomo

ah, I forgot

I get a huge memory leak when trying to play pilotwings, the game starts to stutter badle and then the computer just freezes, I tried to shut PJ64 right after the sttering starts and cacheman reports memory usage over 400mb.

Specs are XP 2600+ GF4TI 4200 and 512mb in RAM.

Using 61.72 drivers (thank for the advise found in this thread, I thought I'd never leave the 3X.XX series) and it happened with older drivers also.

==========================

The PC is running on windows XP home.

Last edited:

flow``

flow``
just a note, usually the best place to find nvidia beta drivers is at guru3d.com, great boards there btw.

i'd recommend the 61.71 driver ;}

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Chromakey is like the classic cinema effect when they use a blue background. In glide you can choose a chroma key color for textures, all texels with this color won't be drawn. This kind of effect is done with alpha channel on opengl. The problem is that glide can use both alpha channel and chromakey....

BountyJedi

cant you make so it seaches for those colors and makes them alphachannels? or am i totally wrong i dont know much of wrappers =P

milen

Hacktarux said:
Chromakey is like the classic cinema effect when they use a blue background. In glide you can choose a chroma key color for textures, all texels with this color won't be drawn. This kind of effect is done with alpha channel on opengl. The problem is that glide can use both alpha channel and chromakey....

So the end result is combination of chromakey and alpha channel. Isn't it possible to make equation and get the final result as if only alpha channel is used, it may be approximation but if it's close enough will be good.

Emu_Lover

Just a bug I found with your wrapper Hacktarux. When using the Lens of Truth in Zelda you can't see the platforms and stuff thats supposed to appear when you use it. Thanks.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
A little update of the wrapper. I've been told it's fixing ogre battle 64 bug but i'm not sure it does, so tell me if this version is better for you ;)

olivieryuyu

hmm i think there is a point where the wrapper is acting "weirdly" compared to real glide: the scene just before chapiter 1: i can often see letters and numbers and not the gfx as it should. The letters and numbers looks like that you can see on this thread : http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=14195.

i mean:

FF56FF74, 0022FFF3, FFDC0046, FFE5FFFF, 000FFFF8, FFFB0007 FFF30018, 00020003,
FFED0005, FFFE0004, FFFE0000, 00020000 FFFF0001, 0008FFFF, 0000FFFF, FFFC0001,
FFFEFFFF, 00000000 00010000, 00000001, 00000003, 0000FFFE, FFFF0000, 00010001
FFFF0000, 00000000, FFFF0001, 00010000, 00000000, FFFF0000 00000000, 0001FFFF,

notice that just before there is a map where you have to move the character on the screen to another town: if you move the cursor all around the map the game slowdowns and it's more likely to see the bug above.

Hard to explain. Sorry. :)

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Nice work as usual !

The FB images are placed correctly now , but i've found an annoying bug : It's on the title screen where the Majoras mask is rotating and a Motion blur effect is applied to it . The Motion blur is applied to the Zelda Logo , too !

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Custom Robo V2 (J) [!] has some problems with the wrapper: "grColorCombine : unknown function : 2" if motion blur is enabled
A new version,... I'm so happy, that means you are still working!
Only bufixing or will you implement new features, too?

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I don't think i'll implement any major feature but i can try to fix some problems like this one you've just reported ;)

Emu_Lover

I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the problem where the platforms that are supposed to appear when you use the lens of truth in Zelda OOC and Zelda MM don't is fixed in the next service pack. Keep up the good work Hacktarux. ;)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hacktarux said:
I don't think i'll implement any major feature but i can try to fix some problems like this one you've just reported ;)
That's sad, but I'm happy to see any progress to your great wrapper.
There are much codeers out, but most of them don't know, that your wrapper is open source, I think, you should add the source to trhe next servcice pack, that someone could see the potential and add some features, that you don't have to do this!