What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
zeldafan970 said:
I meant that you could simply use a blurring effect on the potion part to make it look a bit more realisticy. If your using photoshop all you must do is click on the one that looks like a water droplet and you can use the blur effect. Hope this helps

I don't have photoshop, i have paint shop pro. I was trying to do what you just said yesterday, but i couldn't find the right tool(or it doesn't exist in paint shop pro). You can blur stuff in there, but you have to apply it to the whole image and i just want to blur the red potion part. Perhaps i should get Photoshop.

The Dave said:
Also lower the opacity of the red so it looks like it's more in the bottle.

Opacity? I'm not familiar with that word. I'm new to photo editing.

qu3becker said:
:party:

how you like?

Um, that looks more cel shaded than realistic, well at least the potion part. It's just like plain red with no detail. It's kinda wierd, you have a realistic bottle with a cel shaded potion inside. Try adding some detail to it and it would be better.

zeldafan970

legend of zelda said:
I don't have photoshop, i have paint shop pro. I was trying to do what you just said yesterday, but i couldn't find the right tool(or it doesn't exist in paint shop pro). You can blur stuff in there, but you have to apply it to the whole image and i just want to blur the red potion part. Perhaps i should get Photoshop. Opacity? I'm not familiar with that word. I'm new to photo editing.

is it possible to select a certain part of the image and then apply the blur? I dunno I've never used paint shop pro. Also, opacity (correct me if I explain this poorly guys) is how well you can see an image. The more opacity you loose the more it disapears. And if you loose some but not all the way, the image can appear transparent looking. I actually used that on my bottle to make the shadow look better, and more like it does with the bottles from OoT.

legend of zelda

Just another Zelda fan
zeldafan970 said:
is it possible to select a certain part of the image and then apply the blur? I dunno I've never used paint shop pro. Also, opacity (correct me if I explain this poorly guys) is how well you can see an image. The more opacity you loose the more it disapears. And if you loose some but not all the way, the image can appear transparent looking. I actually used that on my bottle to make the shadow look better, and more like it does with the bottles from OoT.

I'll try to find a way to blur a certain part of the image, but about opacity, does that control transparency? Because i wanted to make my bottle transparent, and i couldn't figure out how. The original bottle was transparent, and i wanted mine to be like the original.

Also did even 1 single person try out my textures i posted yesterday, because no one's even said anything about them after i posted them. If you look in djipi's thread, whenever he posts anything(screenshots, files etc.), people freakin worship him. Like two seconds after he posts everyone will post and be like "OMFG THOSE ARE AMAZING!!!!! THAT'S THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!" and go all crazy and shit. Ok, that kinda sounds like i'm super pissed or something, but i'm not mad at all. I just want to know if anyone's looked at them yet and what they think of them. I would really like to hear people's opinions about them.

Reaper666

legend of zelda said:
That's what i've been trying to do this whole time! How did you do that? Is there some kind of tool to make that effect?

I used paintshop pro's wrinkle effect but with low depth and alot of smoothness on the liquid part. You can just colorize the Liquid, Liquid_Top, and blur layers to get different potion colors.

Last edited:

Reaper666

I use PSP7, it's actually a texture effect, Effects/Texture Effects/Texture then use the "Wrinkled" texture. I used a depth of 2, smoothness of 20, and angle 333.

qu3becker

legend of zelda said:
Um, that looks more cel shaded than realistic, well at least the potion part. It's just like plain red with no detail. It's kinda wierd, you have a realistic bottle with a cel shaded potion inside. Try adding some detail to it and it would be better.
Just made this quick, I forgot a lot of stuff to make it more realistic

I'll rety at home but with using many manual effect on photoshop (I'm not good at Paintshop Pro

Reaper666

Okay here's some smoother ones.

I think the surface of the milks looks a little uneven, just a side effect of using antialiasing in the selection tool : / still not very proficient in PSP.

EDIT - Added Bottle Fairy

Last edited:

Phalanx

Those are great, the bottle fairy needs more definition on the fairy though, try raising the contrast on it or something. The others are great though

Reaper666

How's this? I used a sunburst effect to make it seem more like a light source and it has kindof a more aura-like aura, don't know how else to describe it. I think I should darken them all a bit to give them that gloomyish OOT feel of the original textures:
blah3ae.jpg

Last edited: