What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

neo64

Ok it works now, use the newest version of rice and everythings fine! It even corrects some other texture bugs.

SAVATRON

i whant to edit a rom

i need 3d modles and textures from this Rom:Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 (J) [!]

if someone can help me with this that be nice
i cant attach the rom

neo64

I created 2 nice textures and saved them as png (with Photoshop), put them into the hires folder but they don't show up. I'm getting crazy with this! :)
I don't know what's wrong, I've already created some small textures and it worked...

Amon_Knives

Film Student
neo64 said:
I created 2 nice textures and saved them as png (with Photoshop), put them into the hires folder but they don't show up. I'm getting crazy with this! :)
I don't know what's wrong, I've already created some small textures and it worked...

First, crate a blank layer, then add a mask layer to that. Second, go to "Help", then click on "Export Tranparent Image...". From there hit next, then Online, then PNG. Save it with the name of the texture into your hires folder. It will then be 32-bit and able to play in the game. It took me a long time to figure that one out.
Savatron, in case you havn't noticed, this is a zelda OOT thread, that's all we're worried about and we're just going to ignore anything that does not have to do with retexturing OOT. My suggestion would be to start a new thread if you want your problem resolved.
Fed, I'm not sure if you've fixed it in v.17, but the Lost Woods havn't had a retextured title yet. just letting you know.
I've done some work on the boulder textures, hope you like...(BTW, it isn't a picture I took for this texture, I found it online from a quake website, so if I'm right, KMan might be familiar with this)

neo64

Thank you, but that didn't work for me, sorry. Do I have to put BOTH the _all AND the _rgb files into the folder or only one of them (if so, which of them?)??

Amon_Knives

Film Student
neo64 said:
Thank you, but that didn't work for me, sorry. Do I have to put BOTH the _all AND the _rgb files into the folder or only one of them (if so, which of them?)??

No, it doesn't matter if you put both in or not. But I can't help you any farther. Are you sure it is the right texture name for what you want to work on? Cause I've had a lot of problems with that.

I've created a few things for the Death Vally Trail. Some need more work (I mean, the textures around it that I cannot find need work), but here are sum pics, tell me if there's anything in them you would want changed, because I know there is something wrong with them. It just doesn't look right to me.
In the first picture, the ceiling texture is what I cannot find the dump for.

neo64

@Amon_Knives: Ok, thanks. I will try to find the reason for my problem... perhaps anybody else knows the solution?
The picture of the Death Vally Trail is looking good, great work! I don't think there's something wrong with it... maybe the textures of the stones could be at a bit higher resolution, then it would be perfect!

Cybertronic

:ranting:

THERE IS NO DEATH VALLEY IN ZELDA!!!!!

It is Death Mountain!!!!!

And Gerudo Valley is a completly Different place!!!!

I can understand one person accidentally referring to it as that, but then a Followup post with another person!!!??? THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!

*sorry, just a hard core zelda fan ranting...*

neo64

Cybertronic said:
I can understand one person accidentally referring to it as that, but then a Followup post with another person!!!??? THIS IS TOO MUCH!!!
Oh sorry :p I'm from Germany and I only know the German version of Zelda with all the German titles of the places. (I wondered about the mentioned name "Death Vally Trail", too) :blush:
Of course you're right, it's called "Todesberg" (Death Mountain) and "Gerudotal" (Gerudo Valley) in the German game.

@Amon_Knives: So it's sufficient just to put a "*_rgb" png-file into the hires folder?

Last edited:

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
great work guys, i found a problem with a goron's texture, the back seems to be loading incorrectly, if i disable the high resolution textures it shows correctly, i have attached a pic of the problem, BTW im using 6.1.1 beta 10.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Cybertronic said:

THERE IS NO DEATH VALLEY IN ZELDA!!!!!

OOPES!!! (bangs head on wall.) I can't believe I messed that one up. I'm such a huge OOT fan and I messed that up! :paperbag:
Anyways, the goron's back is also a problem for me. I'm not sure if it's the video card's problem or not. If anyone has the dump for the ceiling and ground on Death Mountain Trail, could you post it here so I can finish Death Mountain Trail.
Neo: Yes, it is sufficiant, at least I havn't found any instance where both were needed. Perhaps someone else could explain it better, I mean, you're asking a guy who messed up Death Mountain with Death Valley. :blush:

Last edited:

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Go ahead and remove that goron back texture. It was one of the first few I had done, and it was a CI texture with a pallette of less than 256, so photoshop saved it out in a format that the emulator didn't like too well. And since it was a CI texture and now I can do full color replacements, I'll be doing that one again, later.

I'll get to that one later. I'm going to try and do one area at a time, and work my way to each area, getting as many as I can. If I see something else that I recognize, I'll go ahead and do that one. So, for now, the goron is a little ways off.

Kokiri Forest
Deku Tree
Lost Woods (any that aren't covered by the first two)
Hyrule Field
Hyrule Castle
Kakariko Village
Death Mountain
Goron City
Dodongo Cavern
you get the idea....

Amon_Knives

Film Student
It's always a good idea to do one thing at a time. I'm as giddy as a schoolboy to see your Kokiri forest KMan. I just started a retexturing of Death Moutain Trail tonight, and then I plan to release a .rar file of my work for you guys and the public to do with what they wish (as long as they give credit). But, I will not release Death Mountain Trail until I am completely satisfied with what I see (and so far, I've got a lot of work to do to get to that point.)
Fed, I'm not going to work on the title screen, to tell you the truth, making buttons and stuff isn't really my area. I'm just gonna stick with landscapes for now. I'm kicking it into overdrive with Death Mountain, so hopefully it will be done by the middle of the week at latest.
Can't wait to see the new textures KMan!

Konami

I have put all the Zelda textures into 1 folder, i get stuttering and late rendering(objects only appear when close too) if this because it is getting mixed up with previous versions?

behold
gah.jpg

when the camera angle turns that yellow path will appear :\

Last edited:

TallgeeseIII

i get that now too, i also have problems with the hi res textures flickering and with certain textures not being replaced all teh time, like they only load 50% of the time, oh, and textures i had made that worked for beta 8 don't work with 10...

_pm_

Pathetic Member
TallgeeseIII said:
i get that now too, i also have problems with the hi res textures flickering and with certain textures not being replaced all teh time, like they only load 50% of the time, oh, and textures i had made that worked for beta 8 don't work with 10...
About your last problem, if your textures are ci, note that the palettes CRCs changed in beta9&10, I had to make a redump to correct my ci_byRGBA textures in SSB.
Sorry guys for the off-topic :)

Amon_Knives

Film Student
whoops...looks like I was wrong. I gunned it (right now where I live it is 1:00 in the morning) and was able to finish Death Mountain Trail.
Here's some pics and the .rar file with everything I've worked on in it...
Water, hyrule field grass, Kokiri forest grass, 2 signs, boulders, Deku Tree bark (pardon the lower resolution), and everything (I think) in Death Mountain Trail.
As long as you give me credit if you every use it, it is now in the public's hand. :cheers:

In case anyone is wondering, the reddish tint to everything I think adds to the effect that it is an active volcano after all.

Last edited: