What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Celda New improves 2008 by Djipi

Status
Not open for further replies.

an0n4

Yes, I use Napalm 1.22, but I've never had that issue myself.
Well, it fixes it for one person and is more consistent with the other map images (drop shadow, 24 bit png, transparent background), so it might as well replace the original in the pack.

KoolSmoky, thanks for the suggestion. I gave the app a run and there's quite a few problems in this pack. Mostly duplicate textures but there's a bunch in the wrong format, as well as a piece of a map that failed to load. For anyone interested, I've uploaded the results here - http://pastebin.ca/1422882

The file count and overall size of this pack could be greatly reduced if the duplicate textures were removed. There's also the case of improperly named/formatted images that the original author should deal with. It's not really a huge deal as Glide treats these textures as opaque, and that's fine for any texture which doesn't utilize transparency.

an0n4

Bullet Bag (Holds 30) and Fairy Ocarina are missing hi-res text descriptions when I roll over them in the menu. Using verified good dump of US v1.0 OoT.

On a side note, anyone know how to get anti-aliasing in Glide64 Napalm? Tried both global and app specific forcing via nVidia Control Panel to no avail. Using a 9600M GT at 179.48 drivers.

angelkillou

Yes, I use Napalm 1.22, but I've never had that issue myself.

I did not have this issue initially, because when I started using the napalm 1.22, I did not erase the folder "cache" that the version 1.00 had created . Then, the map was showing itself me correctly. But when I erased this folder and the 1.22 created the new one. The problem appeared

maybe if you delete this folder and the plugin create the cache again you will also have this issue them...
(i believe this, cause i have tried the textures in two diferent computers {ati, and nvidia} and the results are the same)

Another thing:

why if I use rice video plugin the logo that appear is this:

logo1lmk.jpg

and with the napalm 1.22 is:

logo2uwx.jpg

PD: The flames are also incorrect...

Emarian

C++ Addict
@angelkillou,
Your cache theory is incorrect. I've deleted my cache about a hundred times so that it would load my new/edited textures, and I've never had this problem.

This means that something happened to your textures to mess them up (deleting the cache causes the game to re-read the textures). Re-download my pack, delete your old hires_texture and re-extract it.

Emarian

C++ Addict
>.<

I ran that utility to see for myself..

I thought that I removed all thumbs files.

Will fix that and re-upload.

an0n4

>.<

I ran that utility to see for myself..

I thought that I removed all thumbs files.

Will fix that and re-upload.
You have to go into Folder Options and make sure "Hide protected system files" is unchecked, otherwise they won't show up in search, via command line, etc.

As for dumping those textures that need fixing, I'll give it a shot and upload 'em.

EDIT:
I can't upload the .zip file, says it can't move/copy file - perhaps I don't have enough posts or time on the forum? Anyone got an FTP I can upload to? I managed to find and dump seven text textures that need to be hi-res'd:
  • Bullet Bag (Holds 30)
  • Chicken
  • Fairy Ocarina
  • Giant's Knife
  • Piece of Heart
  • Weird Egg
  • Zelda's Letter

I'm guessing Bullet Bag (Holds 40) is also going to need to be dumped, I'll have to get on my other PC and load that save.

EDIT 2:
Screw it, here's a rapidshare - http://rapidshare.com/files/233090355/tlozoot_text_en.zip.html

Last edited:

PharaohsVizier

Don't worry about the Bullet Bag (40), it's already done, but nice, I think we are pretty damn close to finishing up. I can't think of anything else now. As for uploading you can use a temporary ftp on my site:

ftp.dsdatabase.org
User: [email protected]
Password: dsdatabase

an0n4

Thanks for the FTP, but it's already on rapidshare and I already deleted the .zip and dumped textures whilst cleaning the desktop. If I find anything else though that needs uploading, I'll use that FTP if that's okay.

So, once we get all the text done, who wants to deal with the definitely not tedious task of going through a several hundred line ghqchk output file and deleting all the dupes and fixing all the non-compliant files? The idea here is to use an _all png image whenever possible rather than several pngs for each channel of the image. Cuts filesize, easier to edit, more organized, etc.

That leaves some of the prerendered backgrounds to be textured and we'll be done. Although there's a few sloppy-looking textures that could use a cleanup or a new texture that better fits with the mod's theme. Particularly the vines you can climb up in the courtyard outside Hyrule Castle.

It's a shame I don't have the PS or artistic skill to contribute more. I'm good with photo editing and touch-ups and the occasional sig here or there, but I never learned how to actually draw original content in PS.

EDIT:
Image issue this time. Bullet Bag (Holds 50) still has its original low-res icon instead of the one the 40 and 30 capacity ones have. For whatever reason though, I can't get the texture to dump. Same deal for the bottle with blue potion, the other colors have nice images, it doesn't. But again, won't dump.

More text coming your way soon as well.

EDIT 2:
Quiver (Holds 40) also has a low-res icon. I don't know if the other sizes do as well, as I don't have cheats for them. Prescription also needs an icon. Once again, I can't get it to dump (Aristotle/mudlord/Rice 6.1.8, full TMEM).

Last edited:

an0n4

It may have something to do with the fact that I was child Link and seeing the greyscale version. Anyways, I've dumped a bunch of textures including text descriptions and inventory icons. Most of the problematic icons are greyscale (adult trade items when child and vice versa). It's all easy fixes, I did a couple on here just to see if it'd work.

Tried uploading to the FTP, but I can't figure out the link to the file. Here's a rapidshare again:
http://rapidshare.com/files/233117313/tlozoot_cell_en.zip.html

EDIT:
Also, in the English version of the game, Equipment in the menu is misspelled as "Equipement." And for further clarification, the .zip I've uploaded is not fixed textures, but rather an organized collection of dumped textures that need fixing. I'm willing to do the icons if someone will do the fonts.

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict
an0n4,
Please make sure that you're up to date with my pack.

Also, there's no point in re-doing Djipi's pack at the moment as the final version is not far from release (hopefully).

EDIT:
Mollymutt did the top of the menu textures, NOT me.

an0n4

I'm fairly certain I'm up-to-date, although I did switch out texture packs recently and may have copied over an old version. I'll redownload the pack and check again.

Alright, my old pack was outdated, but we'll see by how much.

EDIT:
- text for Quiver (Holds 40) is replaced by a high-res texture that says Quiver (Holds 50), so that needs to be fixed
- icon for SOLD OUT trading item is color, rather than greyscale as it should be when adult Link
- SOLD OUT description text is fixed

And that's it for differences. So keep that in mind and the pack I uploaded is good. Like I said, you guys handle the text, I'll deal with the icons.

EDIT 2:
Finished all the icons. Here's the pack: http://rapidshare.com/files/234535166/tloz_en_icons_fix.zip.html

Last edited:
OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Great work all^^ I try for now to redo background it take timmmmme , i haven't finish one yet lol

Status
Not open for further replies.