What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Celda New improves 2008 by Djipi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarian

C++ Addict
Mdtauk, I love you.

I'll recreate this font tonight.

EDIT:
Amazing progress. Couldn't be better.

For a side note, this font DOES include accented characters and letters, so Djipi and other French users can create French textures from my fonts.

Here are some screens of Reggae (I'm working on it at school right now):

Reggae2.png

Reggae.png

However, this is not all. I am going to make a font file out of EVERY link that mdtauk posted, so we will have all of these fonts available:

Reggae
Chiaro
Rock & Roll
Rodin
Kokienedo

I will upload them tonight.

The "Emarian owns Emutalk" thing was a joke. Please don't take it seriously.

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict
Reggae is done. Re-creating the font took about an hour.

I will have the others up soon.

EDIT:
All done. :bouncy: I tried to attach the fonts to this post, but EmuTalk kept giving me errors (something about moving and copying a file), so I placed it on my server.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED MY FONTS, RE-DOWNLOAD THEM AS THEY HAVE BEEN SLIGHTLY CHANGED.

I am now working on finishing my hi-res English textures.

Here are screenies of all 5 fonts (click a screenie for a high-res version):

Chiaro:

Kokinedo:

Reggae

Rock & Roll:

Rodin:

EDIT2:
I'm almost done with the new hi-res English textures that use the "Reggae" font. Expect the pack tomorrow. :batman:

Last edited:

krimb1

Emarian, thank you very much for all your hard work. You've certainly revitalized this project and got it up and running again! :)

Emarian

C++ Addict
I've finished the pack.

The ONLY English textures that haven't been redone are:
1. Items whose name change as you go through the game (Ex: Bowshot to Longshot, Quiver (Holds XX)).

2. Temporary quest items such as the egg and the chicken.

That's it. Everything else is textured. The reason that I don't have items in each stage of upgrades is because I dumped these textures from my complete save file, with all final items. As such, I couldn't get the temporary names unless I played through the entire game again.

However, all final items are complete, and I will finish off the rest of the pack with these names when Djipi's final pack is released (at which point I plan on replaying through the game). Nonetheless, 99% of all of the English is now hi-rez, and 100% of it will be done upon release of Djipi's pack.

However, if anyone wants to send me dumps of any un-textured English names, feel free. I'll gladly add them to the pack.

I'm now compressing the pack and I will post a link today.

But in the meantime, here are some screenies of the finished English:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Expect a link in 2-3 hours.

EDIT:
Link is now updated. Enjoy. :bouncy:

Last edited:

PharaohsVizier

I just had to sign up and post a big thank you to Emarian and Dijipi. I started playing Ocarina of Time a few days back, found out about all this hi-res stuff even closer back. What perfect timing! :)

On that note, since I'm around halfway, I could help dump a few textures for you guys. If you could point me to a guide or program, I can figure out things from there, just need a general direction to google or something.

ATM I have 40 bullet bag, 40 quiver, 20 bomb bag, goron bracelet, silver scale. I believe I have a few backup save files that may be of use, but I haven't checked yet. :)

Once again, big thanks, this has certainly revitalized my will to beat this game 100% :)

EDIT: Just a quick question, am I doing soemthing wrong or is the market (adult) not textured?

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict
Pharoah, the pack is not done....yet. Djipi has yet to release his final pack, which will include the market (the market is a background, and mollymutt and Djipi are working together on that front).

And dumping those textures for me would be of GREAT help.

You need the Rice Video plugin, and when you're in-game, go to "Options > Configure Graphics Plugin," and then go to the "Texture Enhancement" tab and check "Full TMEM Emulation" and "Dump textures to files."

At this point, load the texture in the game (for example, if you're trying to dump the name of "Silver Scale," you would go to the "Equipment" menu and place your cursor over the Silver Scale so that the name "Silver Scale" appears on the bottom. You can then disable texture dumping.

Then you go to your "Plugin" folder, and there will be a new folder called "texture_dump." Go inside that, and then inside "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA," and finally, inside "png_all." The name of "Silver Scale" should be in that folder. This is the texture that you need.

You can do multiple items the same way by activating dumping, loading each item's texture name, then disabling dumping. You simply copy and paste the textures that I need and send them to me.

That's all. And your textures would be of GREAT use if you can send them to me.

Thank you. Your contributions would be HIGHLY appreciated, and I would cite you.

PharaohsVizier

Cool, learned something new today. :) Anyways, I hope these work, I just took the pictures and stuck them into a rar file. I've checked all my old saves, but I just don't have any as far back as the three spiritual stones. So I'm missing the princess' letter and stuff like that. Hopefully these will help:

www.dsdatabase.org/files/textures.rar

I'll be on the lookout for more texts that aren't right as I play through the game. I am at the shadow temple with saves as far back as the fire temple, so if you have any specific ones you can think of, I'll try and hunt them down for you.

Emarian

C++ Addict
Where did "Sold Out" come from? And what about "Keatan Mask?" Because it's spelled wrong in that particular texture.

By the way, thank you for your help. These will be quite useful.

PharaohsVizier

The Keatan Mask is from the Mask shop, and the sold out is from when you get rid of the mask. I'm not sure if it's spelt wrong... but I assume that it wouldn't right? It is ripped from the rom directly.

Emarian

C++ Addict
Here is a link on Zeldapedia calling it the "Keaton Mask." Also, the texture I dumped was "Keaton Mask."

And thank you for your info on the SOLD OUT, I had completely forgotten about that.

I appreciate the contribution and will add them to the pack tomorrow morning. :D I will also add the "Keatan Mask" and fix the spelling error in case this is a problem with a particular version of a ROM. Can't hurt.

PharaohsVizier

No problemo, if it helps, I'm using the European version of the rom.

And THANK YOU for your work, it took quite a bit of time just looking for these textures, I can't imagine trying to actually change em.

Emarian

C++ Addict
Lol, my work pales in comparison to Djipi....but I did that with well over a hundred textures. Creating new textures is actually fairly easy...it's finding them and making sure that you didn't miss any that is more difficult.

But I'd say that the hardest part was re-creating those fonts. >.< Most letters had to be re-drawn.

EDIT:
Two of the textures you provided, "Kokiri's Emerald," and "Quiver (Holds 50)" had already been done. xD Just letting you know.

However, I've retextured what you've given me and added it to the pack. I'm uploading it now. Please let me know if you find any more. :bouncy: I've cited you.

Last edited:

an0n4

Thanks for having a decent host instead of MegaUpload or any of that crap. It's nice not having to enter CAPTCHA codes, wait for timers, and deal with popups that Firefox and adblock missed.

Emarian

C++ Addict
Lol, no problem. In fact, the whole deal with external hosting and it's issues is exactly what prompted me to add it to my server. It's my own host and site. You can visit sometime if you so wish.

However, since PharoahsVizier mentioned he was using the European ROM, I decided to try it to make sure that all of my textures were displaying properly, and I was quite surprised to realize that none of the location names were showing up properly on the map, requiring an entirely separate set of textures (Also, "Hylia Lakeside?" WTF!?). But this has been fixed, and I'm now checking out my entire pack on the E ROM to make sure that everything else shows up properly.

Will upload a new version shortly.

PharaohsVizier

Hmmm perhaps this would be a good time for me to swap to the American version. Anyways, I'm currently stuck in the game right now, but I refuse to get any outside help XD. So it might be a while before I get any more XD

Status
Not open for further replies.