What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zeth's Retexture Project, Twilight Style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroplay

Zeth I had to register here just to say that your project looks amazing.
I'm currently playing Oot with Djibi's Cellshade texturemod, but I'm gonna play it from scratch again once this is finished.
Great work. :drool:

slipk487

nice work Zeth Alkar. looks great. i dont see how people can accuse you of riping textures. my believe is if you going to do something. do it the right way. cant wait to see some more progress. every screen shot i see has got me loving this more and more.

stormin1013

MOOOOOOO
Your pics are awesome! :). Whenever i look up how to retexture on Google, i get such bad results. If i search "How to retexture" I get stuff having to do with drywall texture. If i search how "How to retexture roms" i get downloads for texture packs or unrelevent information. :( And Zeth what was "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#DD151DE3#2#1#0837C443_ciByRGBA" ath the endof ur reply to me. It didnt link to anything was it suppost to? Thanks

Datadayne

Your pics are awesome! . Whenever i look up how to retexture on Google, i get such bad results. If i search "How to retexture" I get stuff having to do with drywall texture. If i search how "How to retexture roms" i get downloads for texture packs or unrelevent information. And Zeth what was "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#DD151DE3#2#1#0837C443_ciByRGBA" ath the endof ur reply to me. It didnt link to anything was it suppost to? Thanks

First, dont post this here. This is not were it belongs.

Second, I made a tutorial. Part one http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67576

Part 2 http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=67725&highlight=retexturing

Mitdylan

how's the progress coming, Zeth?

EDIT:how's the progress Zeth AND Datadayne.
sorry about that.

Last edited:

Ma Chao

Proud Warrior
Beautiful, simply beautiful. I'm really looking forward to try this myself. Keep up the good work!

Changeling

I think they're perfect. This is the best Zelda texture pack so far.

Zeth, please complete this. When people update my old favorites, (which is such a cool idea by the way it's almost like a remastered movie), they never finish, ever. They're enthusiastic about it and about half way they lose interest or they're too busy. Another big reason - There's an update coming to the program that's going to be way better (which never comes out, and when it does the texture artist will lose interest by that time). Or they've found a way to make the textures look better in some way so they start from the very beginning and never finish it. People would be much happier with a finished project than two incomplete ones.

I'm not an impatient person, but since this texturing plug-in was implemented (which was...2004 maybe? 2005?) no one has finished a real high res Zelda pack. The only one I've ever seen completed was a cell shaded one which to be honest I don't really like. I mean if other people do then great, but I like my Zelda to be darker...more realistic...not so cartoony.

It's not that I'm ungrateful, it's just I wish someone would complete their work when it comes to this kind of project.

Anyway, Zeth you are a very talented artist and it's very cool of you to do something for people without necessarily getting anything out of it.

And to KMan and everyone else, please lay off his back. He did not take textures from Twilight Princess. And even if he did, who cares? Do you think Nintendo is going to shut this site down or su someone because a small community is updating an old game? It seems they would have done that already if they cared.

Last edited:

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
If I was ever to be convinced that these textures aren't being completely ripped off, then I'm gonna need some proof. Post up the new texture that was made for the truth stone.

And take off the ui circles. I made them for Federelli's pack originally, and don't recall ever giving anyone else permission to use it or any other texture I made in their own projects.

Datadayne

And take off the ui circles. I made them for Federelli's pack originally, and don't recall ever giving anyone else permission to use it or any other texture I made in their own projects.

Is that those buttons? If it is, we are not using them in the pack at all. I am using packs already retextured so that I dont need to go through the process of dumping them.

Changeling

If I was ever to be convinced that these textures aren't being completely ripped off, then I'm gonna need some proof. Post up the new texture that was made for the truth stone.

You're really upset about this. I just don't understand. But that's just me.

Changeling

Is that those buttons? If it is, we are not using them in the pack at all. I am using packs already retextured so that I dont need to go through the process of dumping them.

Oh and Datadayne, sorry I did not give credit to you. Pretty much everything I said about Zeth in the previous post reflects upon you. You are very artistic.

Datadayne

Please, enough! If you have something bad to say, pm us.

Im should Zeth and myself wounldn't want this thread full of accusations and nasty comments.

Thanks Changeling

Xenobond

Double 0 Reject
You're really upset about this. I just don't understand. But that's just me.

From the screenshots that I saw, it looked like they are using ripped textures for most of their work. I look down on those that steal other peoples work and claim it as their own. It is totally misrepresentative of the work that they are capable of, and sends the wrong message out to people. It's also illegal. It may not lead to them personally getting sued, as that can take too much time, and would be a hassle. What can happen is that they'll contact the company that provides the hosting for these forums, and have them shut down. I'm sure a bunch of you would be upset at that. You would have to go elsewhere to find downloads to satisfy your wants.

I have no problems about being wrong about this instance, but until I get proved otherwise, then I am compelled to bring this up. Stealing is bad, m'key?

Mitdylan

From the screenshots that I saw, it looked like they are using ripped textures for most of their work. I look down on those that steal other peoples work and claim it as their own. It is totally misrepresentative of the work that they are capable of, and sends the wrong message out to people. It's also illegal. It may not lead to them personally getting sued, as that can take too much time, and would be a hassle. What can happen is that they'll contact the company that provides the hosting for these forums, and have them shut down. I'm sure a bunch of you would be upset at that. You would have to go elsewhere to find downloads to satisfy your wants.

I have no problems about being wrong about this instance, but until I get proved otherwise, then I am compelled to bring this up. Stealing is bad, m'key?

this explains a lot.
but Zeth did not rip the textures.
I remember he posted,

o_O?
You can rip the textures from TP? O___o?
Then why am I doing this project if someone could just rip textures from TP and get the exact textures?!?!?

EDIT: Actually I'll take that as compliment, Cause I seriously didn't rip any textures from TP. I really don't know how's that possible to begin with, but I will tell you I'm a perfectionist when it does come to making these textures and I do have a lot of, I mean Over 500 Screenshots of TP alone. .___.;;;

TAKE THAT!!! (LOL Phoenix Wright).

Status
Not open for further replies.