What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project Discussion topic

xZabuzax

Sweet, thanks man.

Just tested the Bazaar with the original graphic and the Tiled Bazaar pack and the pack looks MUCH better than the original graphic. Can't believe the original graphic looked so ugly... i'm old school and all but damn...

Thanks for the conversion Squall, i just hope other's do the same sweet move for the other tiled backgrounds to work in Napalm.

Ukitake

The Bazaar was already Tiled elsewhere in the thread.

Yeah, but I was having the same problem dark_zek reported... I managed to fix it after finding this post by Gonetz, mentioning a person with a similar problem with another background.

I compared the "updated addon" Gonetz mentions with the previous one and what changed were the names for the five 256x128 bottom tiles. What I did then was dump the lo-res textures in the Bazaar and use their names to rename the corresponding 5 bottom hi-res tiles I was having problems with. That seemed to fix it.

After following your suggestion to use the latest Glide64 WIP I see that was the reason. The tiled Bazaar you posted is for the latest Glide64 WIP and doesn't work correctly when used with Glide 64 Napalm WX R1.1.

This one also doesn't crash even when not applying texture compression, but I have to apply Rice only after opening the game (else it crashes). Though as I was expecting I see no difference between the uncompressed and compressed textures.

By the way... I just activated msaa and there are texture lines crossing the sky like you mentioned some pages before. Did you find any way to make them disappear?

Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Ukitake

use super sampling or a Hybrid SS/MSAA method instead.

Hmm I tried Super sampling and Combined (Hybrid I take it, since it's SS + MSAA) with Nvidia Inspector 1.9.4.2. Super sampling didn't apply any anti-aliasing effect. Combined did but the sky seams still appear. I take it Super sampling didn't do anything to the jaggies because it says D3D only? I'm sure I read somewhere you can have SSAA on OpenGL too, but why all of the options say D3D only? I have a GTX 295 card, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I've read SSAA for OpenGL is "hidden" and you have to activate it the old way. Wonder what that means...

By the way, I'm going to install and configure this for a friend with an ATI card from the 4000 series. If I have the same issue does it allow for SSAA to be configured as well? I take it Nvidia usually has the upper-hand when it comes down to AA.

Nice, thanks for the update. I saw the page and one of the images caught my attention, particularly this background of the Hyrule Market entrance:
zelda2cm5.jpg

I can't find that image in the current V5 pack. Why is that? Is it still in development for V6? I like it very much that I would gladly try to convert it to tiled mode to work in Glide64.

Last edited:

Ukitake

use a xS mode for antialiasing on your 295, and it will use a hybrid method that works on opengl.

Yeah it seems I only had tried the 8xS mode. Seems it has to be 16xS or higher to hide the seams (lol it seems I did some kind of a rhyme there :p). I did that just now and it did the trick. Thanks!

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

I need to catch up on this stuff, it seems Ukitake found the problem for the fairy thing on link's tree house. Thanks a bunch man, and i'll try it out. Btw, what about this whole Bazaar thing? Is the download suppose to fix the Bazaar problem because the texture for the Bazaar didn't show up, and i wonder if the download is for that problem. Say Ukitake, you didn't get the textures to run without terrible loading times too like us right?

Ukitake

I need to catch up on this stuff, it seems Ukitake found the problem for the fairy thing on link's tree house. Thanks a bunch man, and i'll try it out. Btw, what about this whole Bazaar thing? Is the download suppose to fix the Bazaar problem because the texture for the Bazaar didn't show up, and i wonder if the download is for that problem. Say Ukitake, you didn't get the textures to run without terrible loading times too like us right?

The loading times were ok after I used Glide64 with caching on + apply texture compression. After you do this and try to quit Project64 or check video options it may seem to have frozen, but I saw what it's really doing is creating the cache in Plugin\GFX\cache.

Also use the Glide64 WIP release for the tiled Bazaar posted by Squall to work as it should.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Squall Leonhart Im contacting charlie to try and get it so your able to edit the n64hires.com page we have atm.

MasterGunz2345

The loading times were ok after I used Glide64 with caching on + apply texture compression. After you do this and try to quit Project64 or check video options it may seem to have frozen, but I saw what it's really doing is creating the cache in Plugin\GFX\cache.

Also use the Glide64 WIP release for the tiled Bazaar posted by Squall to work as it should.

Hey It seems Project64 is starting to crash before loading the high resolution textures. The first time I put the Glide64 u posted, It loaded fine, but when i got to link's house, it crashed. Now It crashes before it even starts loading the textures.
Whats up?

EDIT: Ok I fixed it, it seems Task Manger showed another Project64 open, it does that sometimes >_>

Last edited:

Ukitake

Hey It seems Project64 is starting to crash before loading the high resolution textures. The first time I put the Glide64 u posted, It loaded fine, but when i got to link's house, it crashed. Now It crashes before it even starts loading the textures.
Whats up?

EDIT: Ok I fixed it, it seems Task Manger showed another Project64 open, it does that sometimes >_>

Hmm well I'm crashing too, but there isn't another Project64 open. Thing is, I installed a new game on Steam and it updated DirectX and installed Microsoft XNA Framework 3.1. Those were the only change made to my PC in general and it seems like it's causing me problems now (Exception caught again). Back to the non-WiP plugin it seems (which works without problems) :S

Last edited:

MasterGunz2345

Hmm well I'm crashing too, but there isn't another Project64 open. Thing is, I installed a new game on Steam and it updated DirectX and installed Microsoft XNA Framework 3.1. Those were the only change made to my PC in general and it seems like it's causing me problems now (Exception caught again). Back to the non-WiP plugin it seems (which works without problems) :S

With the Glide 64 WIP November 17, i do see a few problems. Well one in Super Smash bros with the Super Smash Bros HD Textures, mario's logo on his head is on his hat 3 times. Also, I found a problem in OOT, when your going up to the Death Mountain, the textures on the ground are different,because if you use Rice, it looks nicer, and this one looks a bit lighter. While I wouldn't say Glide 64 is the best Plugin, Its certainly the best for running High Resolution Textures full speed without any slow downs at all.

Ukitake

Glide64 doesn't even use DirectX for it to cause a problem.

Then maybe Microsoft XNA Framework 3.1 is the reason? But I think it's just related to Xbox 360 controller stuff... Something changed, that's for sure.

In any case I really had no reason to use the WIP versions besides the tiled Bazaar, which I've made a version compatible with the latest non-WIP Glide64, so I'm ok with for now.

Last edited: