What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project Discussion topic

The Dave

I don't want to be a jerk, but I just don't see how moving this project to a forum of 29 people is going to change anything about the flow of the project. If you can move it to a place that has a couple hundred members, including artists, that would be pretty beneficial. Moving to such a small forum could be detrimental to the project because it will just make people have to hunt it down harder.

My opinion, and I could easier be wrong, please don't take me as someone barking demands this is just how I see the situation, is that breaking up discussion and dev was a bad idea. Discussion and development of the pack should in the same thread, trouble shooting is the one thing that should not be included with that.

Maybe to help kick start it would be way more accurate and up to date "What texture's aren't finished" list. It's some work but even if someone made archives of the textures that make up the areas that aren't complete and provided them to potential artists. Make it as easiest as possible for people, new and current, to grab a new area and work on it.

For example, you want to work on the Bombchu shop? Download this zip file. Sure it could get hard to track but if you make some discrete files on rapidshare or zshare it might work.

Sorry I have to leave now but maybe we can discuss ways to make this project even more organized and more accessible to people who are seeing it for the first time. Try to draw in some new talent.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Same here i third what The Dave said, and as Squall said, this place is fulling to bits. We need someone where we can relocate to that has an active member base.
According to someone who I'm guessing is the admin of that forum Steftheserb linked to, its only being up for about a week.

Last edited:

cerebus5

Can the entire forum with the protection of all the texture packs be relocated? Not only this project but it should be ensured that the collection of packs hosting locations and so on should be preserved if possible against the dissolution of emutalk.

steftheserb

the site has only been up for a week. it was previously know as Europe-Nintendo and was getting a couple of thousand view per day until we had server issues and had to move to new hosting and change the domain. although if you guys prefer another site then that's fine. was just suggesting it as the site's reliable, and death droid will have complete control and have mod privileges in the emulation sub forum.

turpinator

Piledriver Program Advance!
You know, we could always move ourselves to another site instead of asking someone else. ;>___>

I believe I have a spare site of my own sitting around though, even though I haven't used it in like forever. t'would be nice to brush up on my html... It's up to you guys. All I know is it's never been shut down and has never had to go offline yet, so I figure it's stable enough. :p

As for the member count... well it would be better than nothing right? I would also be able to scare up some members for it anyways, since I've been around and the site I made was originally for friends who wanted to move to a more stable community together and share common interests. (lawl at the stability though, since stuff happened to them and not the site. XD)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

As soon as i gain control of our page on n64redux.com we will be moving there. That website was built for this stuff after all.

Last edited: