What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
spiny1.jpg

New Spiny. If you folks have not noticed yet, my pack is going through a "polishing up" phase right now!

CopyofSUPERMARIO64B8A77D4D02_all.png

CopyofSUPERMARIO6436B1482F02_all.png

CopyofSUPERMARIO642F25120F02_all.png

SUPERMARIO64B8A77D4D02_all.png

SUPERMARIO6436B1482F02_all.png

SUPERMARIO642F25120F02_all.png

Comparision of place holder Spiny and final Spiny. Final is hand drawn (or mouse drawn I suppose) of course, as are most of the new final textures.

Another clean up job:

SUPERMARIO64FDDF5C3102_rgb.png

SUPERMARIO64FDDF5C3102_all.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
ya never know, this could turn into risios, cell shaded mario 64.
Edit: i wonder what a mouthless version of the spiny thing would look like...

Last edited:
OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
box1.jpg

New "?" box.

Rapid fire updates, FTW.

SUPERMARIO643F817C2102_rgb.png
SUPERMARIO643F817C2102_all.png

Subtle little changes like bolder colors along with higher resolution add so much to the end product.

For those wondering, the water texture (which is identicle to the lava texture) also got a resolution bump. Although, bolder colors with the water did not work out right, so you probably won't notice any differences.

CopyofSUPERMARIO64C2E48C8102_all.png
SUPERMARIO64C2E48C8102_all.png

If you ever wondered why several textures in my pack looked sloppy, as with the one on the left, remember, they were just placeholders.

I mentioned that much much earlier in the project.

But, its all gravy, as look at the end result. Great stuff indeed.

1up1.jpg

New 1-Up for those who have been pestering me about the old one for ages now :satisfied

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
gb1.jpg

Game Boy. I do not want to do pixelation, which most might expect to see in a Game Boy themed level. Every ripped, pixelated texture in my pack has been redrawn in a smooth, clean style, and this will be no different.

More coming soon!

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi risio,

Great look! The pivot point texture is a little oval. Maybe if you "squish" the texture vertically it would show up round when in game? Just in case you didn't notice yet. :satisfied

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
So I went and made a video of my pack for You Tube. Hopefully this will bring more attention to my pack and all the others here on Emu Talk!

Share it with your friends!

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
That would be great, Datadyne! I can send you the latest version of my pack, and let you go from there. I'll send you a PM with it when I get the chance.

Datadayne

That would be great, Datadyne! I can send you the latest version of my pack, and let you go from there. I'll send you a PM with it when I get the chance.

sure Risio, been a fan of your pack in the beginning, its the least I can do. Take as much time as you need.

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
eggdoor1.jpg

New egg doors.

I'm not sure if the new front carpet is apart of the most recent release, so thats something to look at aswell.

eggdoor2.jpg

And from the other side of the door. New brown bricks (redrawn). The carpet is next. Actually, the entire interior of the castle is about to be redrawn.

Once that and Tick Tock Clock (or Dot Matrix Clock, your pick) are finished, there might be a new release!

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
gb3.jpg

It's starting to remind me more of an old B&W Mickey Mouse cartoon!

gb4.jpg

Almost done!

1.jpg
castle1-1.jpg

Before and after.

The first shot is the very first screen of my pack from way back in 2005.

castle2-1.jpg

New carpet and walls.

I used a HQ3X filter this time when ripping that background from Yoshi's Island. I'm not sure why I didn't do that in the first place. Also, the textures were bumped up from being 256x128 to 512x256.