What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

RiSiO's Retro Mario Sixty Four

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
You need Mudlord's latest plugin.

The textures that aren't loading are bigger than 4x. Most of the game is just 4x, but the front courtyard is full of 8x textures for that extra "wow" factor (when you first boot up the game).

Thats my fault, I should have reminded folks that this is a Mudlord pack.

My last release included his plugin, although It's an older version now. Send Mudlord a PM, I'm not sure exactly where to get the plugin now.

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
ddp2.png
pre13.jpg

ddp3.png
Image14.jpg

Redrawn textures. I'll release this level as an add on to the beta.

BTW, the small pictures are what the pack looked like as of January 8, 2006

This is as much of an update to my pack as it is to the original Mario 64!

ddp4-1.png

ddp5.png

Fixed a tiling issue with the green watermelon texture, added new bricks.

Last edited by a moderator:

fernan1234

Those last pics look awesome. But what theme are you using for that level? It seems to have lost the Mario 2 theme except for the moonfaces. Also, are you going back to a red piranha plant?

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Just want to let everyone know that I'm going to be going into another phase of work with the pack, so expect some new updates soon!

I'm going to be cleaning up alot more of the older textures this time around.

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
Just to give an example of what I'm doing, heres a SMB1 underground style texture. New texture is on the left, old is on the right. (Obviously)
reso.png

(The one on the right is upscaled, it was originally 128x128)

Tomajko

Somewhat of a lurker...
I already love this pack so much, but now you're revamping textures and making it even better? Awesome!

Last edited:

fernan1234

So what's up Risio? How is the pack coming along? Can't wait to see new updates. I've been holding on to replaying Mario just for this pack =p

OP
R

Risio

Vectrex Fanboy
It's coming along well. Although, I've been very busy, so it looks as if my final 2008 release date will move up to 2009. Four years and counting... =]