Rice Video 6.0.0, happy new year 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Siskoo

Some Ini settings :

- 1080 Snowboarding (E) [!] --> Alternative Texture Size Calculation
- 1080 Snowboarding (JU) [!] --> Alternative Texture Size Calculation
- GT 64 Championship Edition (E) [!] --> Increase Texture Rec
- Mario Golf (J) [!] --> N64 Framebuffer --> Basic Framebuffer , Rendering to Texture --> Basic Render To Texture
- Mega Man 64 (U) [!] --> Increase Texture Rec
- Mickey's Speedway USA (E) [!] --> Alternative texture size calculation (Thx Trotterwatch)
- Mickey's Speedway USA (U) [!] --> Alternative texture size calculation (Thx Trotterwatch)
- Parlor! Pro 64 Pachinko Jikki Simulation Game (J) --> Increase Texture Rec
- Puyo Puyo 4 - Puyo Puyo Party (J) [!] --> IncTexRectEdge
- Tamagotchi World 64 (J) [!] --> Alternative texture size calculation

DevilMayCry

Does Rice Video 6 have a fix for the lums color bug in Rayman 2?

I've tested and I can't make them have color, but for some wierd reason in some places the lums have color, don't know why but it happens.

I also know this is a known issue but the posts talking about it are from 2003 so, is there any new fix?

And yes, I know Rice won't be working on this plug-in but asking doesn't warm (I think...)

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Shpongled: I'm not sure about this, but pressing Start at the snow intro scene should solve your problems here (I'm not too familiar with these expert options, but if you find an option similar to "Force Normal Blending" used in Jabo's D3D plugin, try to check it and see if it removes the remaining glitches).

Now to my problems:

First of all - Conker's BFD

After messing with my plugin settings I realized that 1964 always loads Rice Video 5.6.0, if you still have it in your plugin directory. Deleting its .dll fixed this. Now the game runs smooth like a piece of soap, if there weren't the flowers that are constantly messed up, no matter what I try. I don't know if anybody fixed them already, but if so, please tell me how.

Next - Conker and loads of other games, especially Zelda OoT

If you look at the first shot I attached, you'll see some clipping issues that weren't there before the release with that nice software clipper. Zelda has even more of those issues, for instance the pathways in Hyrule Field keep constantly flickering... By the way: That famous OGL clipping thingie doesn't seem to work on my video card...

Finally - Yoshi's Story

This game runs perfectly except one (or maybe more) stages: 2-2 Blarg's Boiler. As you can see, there are lots of textures missing and the egg box is way too small. The only plugin that display this really without those issues is Glide64.

Oh, and I almost forgot - Banjo Tooie

It doesn't boot up.

These are the only real problems I found.
All the other games run perfectly.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
First of all - Conker's BFD

After messing with my plugin settings I realized that 1964 always loads Rice Video 5.6.0, if you still have it in your plugin directory. Deleting its .dll fixed this. Now the game runs smooth like a piece of soap, if there weren't the flowers that are constantly messed up, no matter what I try. I don't know if anybody fixed them already, but if so, please tell me how.

Check "Alternative Texture Size Calculation".

tomman

Recently, i tested 1964 with some P3's and P4's (speeds starting at 950 MHz, with at least 128MB of RAM) with GeForce 2 MX 400, on OpenGL and D3D renders.

Mario 64 looks good, but in the attached screenshot, you can see a missing fragment of the floor. This occurs when i move around a zone (textures appears and dissapears, flashes), or when i rotate the camera.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Seems to be exactly the same problem I have (see my first screenshot posted above). Did you enable the Software Clipper? If you did, try unchecking that option.

majoraz

Re:

I have the same problem... textures flashing everywhere!!
I tried unchecking the Software Clipper option... I tried every option and I couldnt fix this...

Someone can help me out? :bye3:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
I remember last time having such issues was with Jabo's D3D7 plugin. Enabling the D3D T&L HAL option also made some polygons disappear. I guess that the near plane clipper didn't just remove those parts of a polygon that were too close to the camera - it simply removed the whole polygon.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Dunno. I assume that it is a bug in the plugin, because former versions displayed these correctly.

majoraz

Im started to think the same thing... seems to be a problem of the plugin... bacause I tried the same plugin in other computer with other video card and the problem is the same... :(

Crinx

Yo, Rice, just wanted to say awesome job on the latest edition of the plugin. Back in the day, I actually signed up on this board to report issues using the plugin on ATi cards.

Well, now that it runs(and for the most part, looks incredible), I have a small gripe(or two).

The picture I've uploaded shows a glitch with some textures and other 2D elements not loading properly(in this case, the magic meter).

The other gripe I has is the constant flashing that some textures in Zelda have. Usually, the only textures that do this are textures that overlap another, such as dirt paths, the stone path in the cemetary, etc.

Even with the glitches the plugin has, I still use it over Jabo's because of the enhanced graphic filters(HQ4x) which I feel on the whole pretty much balance out the graphical glitches your plugin gives me.

Now, I am assuming this is because my ATi card requires software T&L that I have these glitches. I can only assume the software renderer is not perfect and does infact return with some glitches. What I want to know is there any work around for this or is there one being made? Any plans to allow ATi cards to use hardware T&L? If it helps at all, my card is a Radeon 9800 XT.

Anyways, awesome job on the plugin and I hope to see more of your quality work on it in the future.

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Well, HW T&L won't display everything correctly either (at least that is what happens with Jabo's).

An example: The splitscreen mode in some games (e.g. Waverace 64) will be messed up heavily, because the two screens are mashed together.

-Shadow-

Banned
Crinx said:
The picture I've uploaded shows a glitch with some textures and other 2D elements not loading properly(in this case, the magic meter).

You can try to put the hq4x Filter off to get rid of it.

BTW: I get heavy glitches when i put "force Software T&L" off, it didn't before. Also HW T&L works flawlessly now.

Crinx

Yeah, I discovered the HQ4x display thing and am now using 2xsai, but it still won't fix the flickering of the overlapped textures. I'd upload a photo, but it's something that needs to be seen in action to truly understand.

Crinx

Found yet another problem: Lens of truth doesn't work! I'm assuming, once again, it's due to software T&L and have since switched to Jabo's plugin. I mean, I just can't beat OoT without LoT usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.