What's new

Rice Video 6.0.0, happy new year 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Crinx said:
Found yet another problem: Lens of truth doesn't work! I'm assuming, once again, it's due to software T&L and have since switched to Jabo's plugin. I mean, I just can't beat OoT without LoT usage.
Switch to Direct 64 0.5 ALPHA, you´ll SEE THE DIFFERENCE :p

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Crinx said:
Found yet another problem: Lens of truth doesn't work! I'm assuming, once again, it's due to software T&L and have since switched to Jabo's plugin. I mean, I just can't beat OoT without LoT usage.

What is your video card? I have just beaten Zelda OOT, LOT works just fine for me.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
i got problems with glitches to when i use direct3D, so i use opengl cuz it ain't using software vertex clipping

olivieryuyu

Torrente said:
Hey there, you guys know any soultions (Apart from changing plugins) for this problem?

Rice, i noticed that Perfect Dark (U) is fine with your excellent plugin but the E version is messing up (that's extremely strange) ...

:)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Thats probably because rices plugin *might* detect the CRC used by the (U) version and enable some kind of hack, I could be wrong but that seems plausable.

mrdj

Good release Rise.
I just have seen one bug in it. In Zelda Majoras Mask the mask dont shows from the start, and so well small video secvense in the game. For example when Link put on one of the maskes and transfers to one of the caracters. Othervise its gr8 release and those small stuffs doesent bardering me on anyway. Just want u to know about them :)

pounch

Hi everybody,

First, I want to thank rice for this wonderfull video plugin.

But, I have a problem when I set "write Back & reload" in "N64 frame buffer emulation" and in "Rendering to texture emulation"!

I Have "g_pRender is NULL" message!

the error seems to come from these lines:
extern RecentCIInfo *g_uRecentCIInfoPtrs[3];
RecentCIInfo &p = *(g_uRecentCIInfoPtrs[0]);
CRender::GetRender()->DrawFrameBuffer(false, 0,0,p.dwWidth,p.dwHeight);
ClearFrameBufferToBlack();

in the graphicscontext.cpp ( I use 5.6.0 sources ).

I Have patch these lines like that:
if (CRender::IsAvailable())
{
extern RecentCIInfo *g_uRecentCIInfoPtrs[3];
RecentCIInfo &p = *(g_uRecentCIInfoPtrs[0]);
CRender::GetRender()->DrawFrameBuffer(false, 0,0,p.dwWidth,p.dwHeight);
ClearFrameBufferToBlack();
}

Just add a control but I don't know if it's a good idea or not but, I don't have this fuc... message :D

I hope that you help for you plugin ... and if you may release a rice video plugin 6.0.0d :p

PS: sorry for my bad english :( I just french sorrrrryyyyyyy !

exsonic

First of all: Hi :)

When I play Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, when I enter underwater, the screen turns black and Fade in much times, how I fix it?

*Sorry about my bad(good) english, I'm Brasilian*

Edit: Ops, I'm Using Rice Video 6.0

Edit2: Ops again, How I fix the photo problem? (The images looks all weird)

Last edited:

pounch

yes Princess PG it is AWESOME this plugin !!

For me it's the best video plugin for N64 emulation with, may be, glN64 so :D

mrdj

i checked the current game option help, i did find to turn of big pixel or what it was to fix the intro thing and video secvence in game. Sorry! my bad! :blush:

gr8 plug in anyway Rise!! :party:

redforce9

Like everyone else said, great plugin. However, I seem to have trouble with Mario Tennis. The game shows a square box near its upper left hand side. Also, there seems to be a green trail that follows each hit. I use DirectX (better than OpenGL) on nVidia Geforce (if that means anything). Can anyone help, thanks.
(I hope screenshots can show you what I see).

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Well, if you click on "Post reply" you'll get into the big advanced reply form. If you scroll down, you'll find a field called "Attach files" with a button called "Manage attachments", where you can upload your pictures.

MorpheusEternal

F-3582 said:
Well, if you click on "Post reply" you'll get into the big advanced reply form. If you scroll down, you'll find a field called "Attach files" with a button called "Manage attachments", where you can upload your pictures.

I was complaining about the use of BMP's at 1 mB each, instead of a jpg at about 80Kb each!!

redforce9

Sorry I did not know how to "Manage Attachments" and post them as a JPEG. I`m new at posting pictures. Sorry, now I learned my leasson.

g00beRz

Peej
Maybe it's just me but... Paper Mario is a little funky with the shadows. Mario and friends are supposed to be darker, but not black, in less lit areas. But instead they just are black. Is there a setting I can change, or is this a known issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.