What's new

Rice Video 6.0.0, happy new year 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAmAtIs

Great work Rice!
This new update kick ass!

Any chance of releasing the source so we can get this baby ported onto the XBOX (Surreal 64)?
I'm sure oDD would wanna get this incorporated in to Surreal 64 v2.

clockwise75

How you guys get Frame Buffer working with RiceVideo (tried old ones and new) ?...With my nVidia GeForce 2 and FX and Radeon 9200 ,All the effect is just blacked out...I tried all the drivers for Radeon and nVidia...and all the setting in Frame Buffer options.... but same problem...Also this is Not OS problem either, as both Windows 98 and XP failed to show any FB effects.....Anyone here can help me ?

Spacy

WildNinji said:
Why? Are there technical difficulties?

As far as I know, for using FrameBuffer Effects, the plugin needs to be able to read and write to the graphic card's memory, but only writing is fast.

I also heard that this problem will be history with PCI Express, because there is a "Backlane" or something like this, which makes fast GFX card buffer reads possible.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

-----

I still noticed some Texture problems with OpenGL in the new version 6.0.0c.
The text issues occur only in the european version of Super Mario 64. The texts are displayed upside down. Moreover Mario's shadow is quartered and the screen-transitions are halfed (Euro+US). Screens attached. I think this shouldn't be too hard to correct.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I don't get those problems Spacy. :)

Edit: heres a couple shots, utter perfection. Make sure to force Opengl fragment program on in options, radeon 9700 should support it.

Btw turn off texture filtering that will remove marios quatered shadow.

Last edited:

Shpongled

News Junkie
Good Work

Good work, Rice. The new plugin works well for a lot of games.

Some problems I noticed:

San Francisco Rush (U) [!] -- Rice Video 6.0.0
Giant triangles appear in the race track, please see attached. Exact same problem for SM Kart 64. Jabo for SF Rush and Daedalus for SM Kart seem to work fine.[edit: solved by turning off forced software transforming & lighting and software vertex clipper.]

SM 64 -- Rice Video 6.0.0
Something whacky with the text on the main screen, please see attached. [edit: solved by Morpheus! Thanks Morpheus]

Bomberman 64 (U) [!] -- Rice Video 6.0.0
Doesn't run at all. Doesn't show any graphics, and even with Jabo it looks funny. Is this game totally unsupported? Daedalus will show certain screens, but the menu cursor and backgrounds won't come up at all, same for in-game.

Not sure if it is a problem with settings or whatever, but just thought I would post it.

Last edited:

MorpheusEternal

Shpongled - I was getting text like that with the older 6.0.0 plugin.

Are you sure you have the latest one 6.0.0c (it won't show the 'c' in the plugin's about box - you'll need to redownload it from here).

Shpongled

News Junkie
Thanks Morpheus, the text doesn't appear "streaky" anymore.

Now the only problems reside in SMK 64 and BMan 64.

Sometimes the screen just disappears in BMan 64. For example, the intro loads up and it shows in-game scenes of B-man running, then suddenly the whole screen goes black, then it shows the in-game scene again, then the whole screen goes black. Also, there are no cursors on the menu screen, please see attachment.

In SMK64, there are these black boxes/triangles that appear on the race track. Doesn't happen in Daedalus, but happens in RV 6.0.0c. [SOLUTION PERSONALLY FOUND: I turned off forced lighting & software vertex clipping, now the black boxes are gone.]

Last edited:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Great to see an update on your great plugin Rice. Too bad I can't download it for the moment since my internet got cut off and I'm stuck with using a schools computer. Oh well, keep up the good work.

Spacy

OK, all my problems appeared when using texture enhancements under OpenGL, but it works with DirectX. So i'll use DirectX, because these scaled status overlays don't look nice without hx4x.

SubCog

Spacy said:
As far as I know, for using FrameBuffer Effects, the plugin needs to be able to read and write to the graphic card's memory, but only writing is fast.

I also heard that this problem will be history with PCI Express, because there is a "Backlane" or something like this, which makes fast GFX card buffer reads possible.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

-----

I still noticed some Texture problems with OpenGL in the new version 6.0.0c.
The text issues occur only in the european version of Super Mario 64. The texts are displayed upside down. Moreover Mario's shadow is quartered and the screen-transitions are halfed (Euro+US). Screens attached. I think this shouldn't be too hard to correct.

Hey, I messed with my settings and ended up with this too. I thin I'll have to reinstall from scratch to get it to look right.

TheImpaler

I'm looking at these screenshots and I'll say that n64 emlation is really getting good, sorry to imply it was bad to begin with but a few people I know won't touch n64 emulation. Again well done Rice for your work.

Last edited:

snipe

Resident Evil 64 working more with bugs

Resident Evil 64 works now more partially in this version 6.0.0 in the versions previous to 5.9.9 he showed the character and you buzz them more it didn't show the scenery now it happens him contradict the game appears the sceneries conforms this in the more enclosure doesn't appear the character and I buzzed him. a great fact was that now appears the animation of the I begin and the audio got better considerably. in spite of a to creak little.

Robbie7

Hi

I can't get ISS '98 or ISS 2000 with Rice 6.0.0 or 5.9.9 (Screen all messed up). They're working alright (not perfect) with other plugins.
Anybody else have this problem? I can't find it mentioned by anybody else and I surely can't be the only ISS fanatic here ;)

Robbie7

I can't find that option under neither 1964 or PJ64 (yes I have un-hided advanced options - but I could easily have forgotten it ;)

rcgamer

the old guy
when you start the game in 1964 go to plugin then video settings then click current game options and check the box trot mentioned.

BTW-it works really nice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.