What's new

Rice Video 6.0.0, happy new year 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I've also noticed that Yoshi's story is VERY jerky with both v6.0.0 and v5.9.9.
The opengl combiners are greatly improved (they sometimes work better than D3D with my drivers) but despide the combiner I choose I still get a Fragment shader warning...

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
Using the fragment shader programs OpenGL is great, that's all i've tried, no bugs.
Besides the always there cracks and missing pixels where vertexes joins and such.

Spacy

I have problems in Super Mario 64 (Euro and US).
In the Mario-Modeling screen, the cursor hides when i move the cursor from the upper-right triangel to the lower left triangle part of the screen. (Picture 1)
The Game select screen is damaged as well. (Picture 2)

Both these Errors are in DirectX Mode, Software T&L, Software Clipping.

It would be great if you fix them before your break.

clockwise75

Ganbare Goemon 2 - Deorudero Douchuu Obake Tenkomori (J) [!]
and Goemon's Great Adventure (U) [!] has also same problem...on v 6.00

Messed-up Konami Logo on start-up.......would you please check this game too Rice ?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Version 6.0.0b has been uploaded to replace the buggy version. It should fix the blocky/broken logo or background problem. Sorry for not catching the bug in advance (What a COPY/PASTE error).

rcgamer

the old guy
well, for me it still works much better with t&l disabled. in mario golf transition effects were cut in half with it enabled and fine with it disabled, i also noticed some missing parts of text in the intro with it enabled and not when disabled. soooooooo. much much better looking now with it enabled however, just not as good as having it disabled.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Theres a new bug in mystical ninja, just check out the sky in DirectX... its fine in OpenGl :p

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Ok, I have disabled the vertex clipping feature for TextRects. I see that it is not good enough yet. Only problem we will have without it is that some background/logo/text could be displayed out of the normal scissor region, and the problem only happens if software vertex clipper is on, only with DirectX.

I have uploaded version 6.0.0c, please use it.

Rice

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Just running Conker in OpenGL, I am very happy with the speed. In OpenGL, we don't have to use software vertex clipper, and I have to use it in DirectX mode for my Radeon 9600. OpenGL seems to run more than double faster than DirectX in many places in the game. I can see the vi/s reading doubled with OpenGL, which means the video plugin is actually more than double faster.

With the fragment program extension (OpenGL Pixel shader), the graphics is as beatiful as DirectX with pixel shader.

olivieryuyu

hmm sorry but now i don't have the menu of 1080 snowboarding ....

also there is some problems with top gear overdrive.

i have some sliced gfx in some games.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
opengl mode is quite nice yeah.

Not a bug, F-Zero shot, sure looks mighty fine in Opengl

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.