What's new

Rice Video 6.0.0, happy new year 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorpheusEternal

The graphics are lovely, but I can only use Dx mode, not OGL (but that's been the same for all the RiceVideo versions) (on an Ati 9600xt with current drivers) (Pj94 just sits there with a blank screen, %'s are 12, 13, 5, 65, then i have to kill it with program manager).

I notice on my ati 9600xt that turning off software T&L (presumably to make hardware T&L ??) I get strange curved textures that sort of expand from the texture edge then 'flick' into place (also in 5.99 and under)).

Mind you, I'm not bitching - you guys don't have to do this work, it's a labour of love for you, so I appreciate all you do!!

clockwise75

Well...With version C, Ganbare Goemon 2 - Deorudero Douchuu Obake Tenkomori (J) [!]
and Goemon's Great Adventure (U) [!] are still glitched ....Messed-up Konami Logo on start-up...for both Software vertex On/Off...Previous versions no problem though.....

SubCog

rampage world tour seems to work perfectly.

Rice, I think this may be the greatest n64 video plugin ever. I'll be using this instead of jabo's now. Thanks so much.

rcgamer

the old guy
ok here ya go . these were taken with the exact same settings except one with soft tandl on and the other off.
for each game the picture on top is with tandl enabled and the bottem with it off.
i also tried the games with and without vertex clipper and it made no difference.

although i dont think this will help ati users because if i remember correctly they had to have this option on when rice came out with 5.20 dont know if it is still the same or not.

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Are you using the version 6.0.0c? The problem should have been fixed. Try to download it again.

Last edited:

MorpheusEternal

rcgamer - that's basically what I get with SoftT&L off.

In super mario, in bob0bomb's world entry area, if you turn right slowly you see a triangle of grass texture sort of 'unfold' from the top ^ to / \ until it 'clicks' into place against the hillside triangle.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
MorpheusEternal said:
rcgamer - that's basically what I get with SoftT&L off.

In super mario, in bob0bomb's world entry area, if you turn right slowly you see a triangle of grass texture sort of 'unfold' from the top ^ to / \ until it 'clicks' into place against the hillside triangle.

That means you should not take the "Force software T&L" option off, like that I cannot have it off for my Radeon 9600 for DirectX. I don't know who to blame, ATI, Microsoft or Nintendo.

olivieryuyu

the c version is quite better but there is still some clipping problem, for instance jet force gemini menu

top gear overdrive intro have also a small problem

The Siskoo

Very good fix, thank you.

There is a lit' problem with Clay Fighter 63 1-3 (E) (U) [!]
Made the test with 5.9.9 and 6.0.0c. When i push START on the first picture letters go down correctly, with 6.0.0c not

Last edited:

deftonesmx17

Perfect Emu Hunter
Rice, I don't really care that there is errors. Dude, you have made one of the best GFX pulgins ever for the N64 emulation scene. I thank you very much since I understand that you do this in your free time. You take a break and I will look forward to more updates in the future. :cheers:

Federelli

Beta Tester
Rice, did you know your plugin is the only one to achieve some kind of FB effect in this area? -->

zelda b&w.png

Federelli

Beta Tester
Of course :D.

It's right after beating all the temples, traveling back to the temple of time, and right before zelda is captured by Ganon. PM me with your email :), i'll give you a 1964 one.

spotanjo3

Rice, you rules!

Please take a break..you deserve it.

By the way, what video card is for OPENGL ? Just curious. Congratulation and keep up the good work when you are ready to work on it after your break. Now, please take a break! ;)

Xzyx987X

It seems that the last fix broke some new things. Must be hard to improve the plugin at this point, when fixing one problem causes two new ones :p. Still, your plugin is the most advanced N64 GFX plugin by far, so I'm glad to see you still have the time for occasional updates :).

Xzyx987X

Uh, that is in OpenGL mode. Looks the same with D3D though. Well, it's not a huge problem anyway since Mystical Ninja works pretty much perfectly with version 5.5.0, which I still have. All versions after that I've used have had various bugs with it, but this bug happens to only occur since the latest version.

loopsider

I just finished testing and OpenGL works so much better for mystical ninja, but no framebuffer :huh:

Thats not the main issue. For some reason, with DirectX some music gets cut off (most of the time the rythm section, such as the bass and rythm koto). OpenGL plays all layers fine ('cept pink tree outlines...). Do not know what causes this weird problem.

I do feel a sort of guilt after complaining after a generous release. Curiosity compels me.

Status
Not open for further replies.