What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

minkster

wow i got your plugin to work after i updated my radeon driver. I have to say you did great work on implementing glide through your wrapper. I think the filter shuld just be an option in my opinion:)

Clements

I like the filter mostly, it just makes the text a bit hard to read, but it smooths the trees in SM64 like Direct64 can.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
currently my PC is on the fritz (help please) and i can't really test this
but when i get it back and running, i'll be sure to see how it looks on your wrapper on a GeForce FX 5700 and glide64 .7 and how it looks on 2 voodoo2s (SLI) and glide64 .7, and if i have the time, i can toss evoodoo into the mess

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hacktarux said:
No, because my plugin is using opengl. However, if you want to retrieve opengl extensions, the only function you need to know is : glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS); + eventually if the WGL_ARB_extensions_string extension is supported you can look at the documentation of this extension how to retrieve windows specific extensions.

If you are interested i can give you a list of all extensions required and optionnally used by this plugin.
Yes please hack. I'll add opengl as well. No big deal. :)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Doomulation said:
Yes please hack. I'll add opengl as well. No big deal. :)

I need the following extensions:
GL_ARB_multitexture (absolutely required) with at least 2 texture units to emulate a voodoo1 or banshee, 3 texture units to emulate voodoo2 or better, 4 texture units to emulate some rarely used combiners.

GL_EXT_texture_env_combine (absolutely required)
GL_ARB_texture_env_combine (optional, it's better than the previous extension, it supports more combiner modes)
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat (absolutely required in current implementation, i may make it optional later)
GL_EXT_blend_func_separate (optional)
GL_EXT_fog_coord (optional, it's required to emulate fog)

Currently, for hwfbe, i'm using a windows specific extension:
WGL_ARB_buffer_region
to check if this windows extension is there you need another extension:
WGL_ARB_extensions_string
Check the internet, there's a lot of examples that explain how this works.

I think that all those extensions are standard in nowadays drivers...

milen

Hacktarux said:
GL_ARB_multitexture (absolutely required) with at least 2 texture units to emulate a voodoo1 or banshee, 3 texture units to emulate voodoo2 or better, 4 texture units to emulate some rarely used combiners.

GL_ARB_texture_env_combine (optional, it's better than the previous extension, it supports more combiner modes)
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat (absolutely required in current implementation, i may make it optional later)

WGL_ARB_buffer_region

It's very interesting. Voodoo dosen't support GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, but it's used to emulate it's feauteres. Hacktarux, is there something in GL_EXT_texture_env_combine that can't be done with glide?

Federelli

Beta Tester
Considering things are they are now, even OGL1.1-2.0 extensions are standard in nowaday drivers, including:

OpenGL 1.1 ones:
GL_EXT_texture3D (defines 3-dimensional texture mapping)
GL_EXT_bgra (extends the list of host-memory color formats)
GL_APPLE_packed_pixels OR GL_EXT_packed_pixels (provides support for packed pixels in host memory.)
GL_EXT_rescale_normal (normal vector rescaling).
GL_EXT_separate_specular_color (separate color).
GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp OR GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp. (texture edge clamping).
GL_SGIS_texture_lod (texture level of details)
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements (draw range elements)
GL_EXT_blend_color (defined a constant color that can be included in blending equations.)
GL_EXT_blend_subtract (define a new blending mode by substracting colors)
GL_EXT_blend_minmax (minimum(or maximum) color components of the source and destination colors)

OpenGL 1.2:
GL_ARB_texture_compression (texture compression)
GL_ARB_texture_cube_map (texture cube mapping)
GL_ARB_multisample (multisampling)
GL_ARB_multitexture or GL_SGIS_multitexture (multitexture)
GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_add (additive tex)
GL_ARB_texture_env_combine or GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 (Dot Product 3 for per pixel shading).
GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp
GL_ARB_transpose_matrix (matrix transposition)

OpenGL 1.3 ones:
GL_EXT_generate_mipmap or GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap (automatic Mipmap generation)
GL_ARB_imaging or GL_SGI_color_matrix (adds a 4x4 matrix stack to the pixel transfer path)
GL_NV_blend_square (provides four additional blending factors)
GL_ARB_shadow or GL_SGIX_shadow or GL_EXT_shadow
GL_ARB_fog_coord or GL_EXT_fog_coord
GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays
GL_EXT_secondary_color
GL_ARB_point_parameters or GL_EXT_point_parameters
GL_EXT_blend_func_separate
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap
GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar or GL_NV_texture_env_combine4
GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat or GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat
GL_WIN_swap_hint or GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip
GL_ARB_vertex_program

OpenGL 1.5 ones:
GL_ARB_occlusion_query OR GL_HP_occlusion_test OR GL_NV_occlusion_query for occlusion query.
GL_ARB_fragment_program for fragment programming.
GL_ARB_point_sprite or GL_NV_point_sprite for point sprites.
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object for DMA buffer for vertices and indices.
GL_EXT_shadow_funcs for shadow functions
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two or GL_NV_texture_rectangle or GL_EXT_texture_rectangle for non power of two textures

OpenGL Shading Language (OGLSL)/ Opengl 2.0 ones:
GL_ARB_shader_objects
GL_ARB_vertex_shader
GL_ARB_fragment_shader
GL_ARB_shading_language_100

I can't think of any other one, besides vendor specific extensions such as:
GL_S3_S3TC
GL_HP_OCCLUSION_TEST
GL_ATI_PN_TRIANGLES (Ati has so many specific extensions...)

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
milen said:
It's very interesting. Voodoo dosen't support GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, but it's used to emulate it's feauteres. Hacktarux, is there something in GL_EXT_texture_env_combine that can't be done with glide?

glide combiner is more flexible than old texture combiner extensions such as GL_ARB_texture_env_combine... I think glide can do everything this extension can do. But it doesn't mean it's easy to implement in an opengl implementation because for example it can be hard to implement it without braking another extension.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hacktarux said:

WGL_ARB_buffer_region

Right. I'll look that up. Thanks.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Another beta, with the framebuffer improvement and another filter (you can't disable it in the current version but of course it'll be possible in final release)

Let me know what you think of this new filter.

rcgamer

the old guy
nope. on the positive side , pokemon puzzle league starts playing . but you cant see the backgroinds and falling peices. probably framebuffer problem.

Trotterwatch

rcgamer said:
nope. on the positive side , pokemon puzzle league starts playing . but you cant see the backgroinds and falling peices. probably framebuffer problem.
It works fine for me - ensure FB R/W is on in 1964 rom properties.

I also have Smart read and HWFB on in Glide64.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Trotter, if you have HWFB on, games which use this feature will give and exception. Right?

At least that happens to me

rcgamer

the old guy
tried that . no dice. and now with hardware framebuffer on it goes to full screen as soon as i start a rom. well fullscreen but you can see the buttons on the emulator.

Federelli

Beta Tester
Yes, the status bars are visible, afaik that wasn't planned to be fixed for this release.

On a side note, the filter messes up every single 2D game

Trotterwatch

Federelli said:
Trotter, if you have HWFB on, games which use this feature will give and exception. Right?

At least that happens to me

It happened to me at first, but not anymore (I changed the OpenGL driver with a different one - the latter ATI ones have been useless).

Here's a screen of Pokemon Puzzle League (not perfect I don't think so anyways) but plays well.