What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

Sparkle_1

ah ok

when i dont needed, then they used the glide3x.dll from installed drivers? (%systemroot%\system32)
correct?

but with the glide3x.dll (from original drivers, voodoolizer 1.07 or sfft alpha 37) the speed are... low very low

With the wrapper from "zeckensack" i become a true performance thrust :bouncy:

I thinking, when zeckensack's wrapper are ok then go also hacktarux wrapper :plain:
(by many other people the combi "3dfx card with hacktarux glide" works great) :shaun:

what can be the cause with these two errors

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
If you use Glide64 with a voodoo card, you would get a big speed bost. You might also need to update your drivers if performance is slow.

Sparkle_1

yes

I already used the newest driver (see above, newest release from 12/april ssftalpha37)

with glide64 (wonderplus) and i know that this give me a speed bost, but with the wrapper from zeckensack (i wrote) it's a "little" bit more speed up.
eVoodoo works, too (and its a wrapper, too)

but not hacktarux hmm...
Its maybe a wrong setting config.? I don't know

these two errors are new for me :(

Clements

With adequate Voodoo drivers, Glide64 in native Glide should be greatly faster than any wrapper. Something is very wrong if native Glide is slower than a wrapper. I suggest you try other drivers. Newer is not always better.

The zeckensack/eVoodoo wrapper is just converting the Glide3x calls to DirectX (which is not perfect), and Voodoo cards do not support a great deal of DirectX. However, they do support the Glide API very well. With Glide, you should be able to use some framebuffer options, unlike any wrapper.

Hactarux's wrapper only works with semi-decent GeForce and Radeon cards. Voodoo cards do not support enough OpenGL for it to work properly.