What's new

Needs Tester For An Experimental Glide Wrapper

otomo

The wrapper gives a welcome message "Glide3X warning your video card doesn't support GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat extension"

still it seems to runs glide64 nearly flawlessly.

the video card a GF4TI with some older drivers, 31.00 (gives me better framerate on some pc games)

is the problem related to that or your wrapper doesn't suppoer Gf4s at al?

Clements

I suggest you use better drivers. You are using drivers meant for GeForce3/GeForce2 cards. Get some 4x.xx drivers or the latest Forceware drivers from nvidia's site.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Wow, this is looking quite good. I found a bit of a problem with BattleTanx - Global Assault, though. The tanks are grey, and they should be colored. First shot is Glide64 0.7 with wrapper beta 4, second shot is glN64 0.4.1. These shots are from multiplayer, but the same problem occurs in single-player mode.

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
the first version simple don't worked on my computer, but now i play flawlessly all glide64 compatible games..... but that filter are little blurry......
this is the first glide wrapper that i really like....... thx..... really thx......

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Doomulation said:
Say hack, if I looked into the D3DCAPSx structure in d3d, what would this wrapper require to run?

No, because my plugin is using opengl. However, if you want to retrieve opengl extensions, the only function you need to know is : glGetString(GL_EXTENSIONS); + eventually if the WGL_ARB_extensions_string extension is supported you can look at the documentation of this extension how to retrieve windows specific extensions.

If you are interested i can give you a list of all extensions required and optionnally used by this plugin.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
in very rarely (never ?) used combiner yes. 99.9% of the times it won't change anything. Theoretically it would allow the wrapper to use only 2 texture units instead of up to 4 as it is now, but all cards that support these extensions has at least 4 texture units anyway...