What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Saisuke I reported your posts, but there is no need to take it so personally. I commented on the font work, based on the fact I have been responsible for the font work on Djipi's Packs, and the Federelli packs, so I have some degree of experience, as well as being a graphic designer so I have some technical experience also.

sanstitre2cz7.png

detail.jpg

Last edited:

Soyntech

Well, it's been two years since I last visited this forum (I even had to register again 'cause I was unable to remember my previous username)
The thing is I'm really interested in this project. I would like to ask if a "beta" texture pack was already released (I don't feeel like checking the last 100 pages). If I can help somehow just tell me. Actually, I'm not very good with edition programs, though :unsure:
BTW Happy New Year =]

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Saisuke, your signature is to large (2MB's), either strip the gif down to web colours or don't use it. Considering the length of the gif, you will not be able to get it down under 50K which is about where the forum's max size is for signature images.

Toasty

Sony battery
IMO.

Stfu.

Sigh...

It is actually possible to state your own opinion without telling the person who doesn't agree with you to shut (the f***) up. Can we try that? Please?

I tend to agree with mdtauk - those fonts don't look that great in those shots, at least to me. The rest of the textures looked very nice though. :)

The Dave

Toasty, my opinion was for him to stfu.

you didn't grasp that concept?

Really what is going on with this forum and just absolutely ignorant and annoying posters? There's a great core group that actually puts the textures together, talk about making them better, and are trying to make great mods.

A tell tale sign that someone contributes nothing and is a waste of time is that they use "GTFO".

squall_leonhart, don't you grasp that what you said means nothing to toasty and he never has to abide to your opinion?

I like the twilight textures that were done for the most part, it's refreshing to see a different styled Temple of Time that still looked good.

But any decent graphic designer could see that the anti-aliasing of that text seems a little choppy, and that the action button text is too large and too thin. It might be the small resolution of the screen shot messes it up, but probably not. It doesn't ruin his work, it's just advice.

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Now that the spam has been removed, I think its OK to come back in and make myself clear. The work Zeth has done on the re-texturing of Ocarina of Time is superb, and it doesn't need to be said his work is brilliant and stands out on this thread.

I thought I could be a little cheeky and rather than gush with praise, I would make a fair comment, that what lets it down is the font work. I have made font packs for 4 Zelda re-texture packs over the years, and so I was surprised to see none of it used in those screens.

Now if Zeth would like a personal apology I am happy to send it to him, but my points about the font textures still stand, and not only do they not match Twilight Princess' fonts, they also don't look good on screen.