What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

mode7

hi mdtauk, nice to read something from you. of course you're right. We do owe zeth an apology. Still, if I look at the textures again something feels fishy. Some of the textures (Like the one on the deku tree) seem sooo professional. Like he's been working in the buisiness for years - still sometimes the way they are used in the games seems awkward and some of the textures seem to come from another, not so professional, source. Why does an artist who obviously has so much talent make so mauch fauxpas like the font choice for example. And looking at his attitude in using someone elses content (Yes, like my skies), his aggressive behavoir when beeing questioned and considering how easy it is to rip the textures from TP I think it's hard to belive that he doesn't at least uses the original TP textures as a starting point for his textures.

Just my opinion

Thommo

Squall Leonheart is a prick on all the forums he's on trust me I know so just ignore his trolling, obviously he thinks he's something he's not because he feels the need to feel he's superior to the point that he can come here and post absolutely needless and pointless drivel. But what that so obviously makes him is a lifeless idiot with no social life.

As for the cause for argument, my stance is if it looks good then does it matter too much where the texture is sourced from ? My honest opinion is no. Even if it's improved upon someone else's work. As long as credit is given. Or permission is asked. That's the problem with texture work though, way too many cooks in the kitchen and far too much territorialism going on in general. Don't get me wrong I'm appreciative of the effort and work done considering you take time out to do it voluntarily. But nonetheless that's you do it because you choose to and so therefore this is not so much a criticism but more an observation.

mode7

Squall Leonheart is a prick on all the forums he's on trust me I know so just ignore his trolling, obviously he thinks he's something he's not because he feels the need to feel he's superior to the point that he can come here and post absolutely needless and pointless drivel. But what that so obviously makes him is a lifeless idiot with no social life.

Stop the flaming, please. What kind of social life do you have that you have to insult random people on the internet?

...As long as credit is given. Or permission is asked.

Well when people go around the internet, presenting some textures they gathered from all over the internet as their own new pack, one can get aggressive don't you think.
Don't get me wrong I won't put zeth in that category, but still it's strange, seeing your own work used in someone elses work without even knowing it.

That's the problem with texture work though, way too many cooks in the kitchen and far too much territorialism going on in general.

With the community work everyone is pulling on the same string proofing that many cooks CAN make a tasty meal.

Thommo

Stop the flaming, please. What kind of social life do you have that you have to insult random people on the internet?

What concern is it of yours to stick the boot in - you couldn't have just left it at stop the flaming please you had to attack me too ? Screw you, I'm stating a fact he is a prick on all the forums I've seen him on. So why crawl up my ass when he came on here acting like a prick in the first place unprovoked ? hmm ? He a buddy of yours ? That would explain a lot.

As for the rest of what you said, disregarding the fact that you shit all over my post for a moment, I can't deny the fact that community work CAN produce great results - but you can't deny that for the most part it causes more trouble than it's worth purely due to the ego's involved. Generally speaking.

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
hi mdtauk, nice to read something from you. of course you're right. We do owe zeth an apology. Still, if I look at the textures again something feels fishy. Some of the textures (Like the one on the deku tree) seem sooo professional. Like he's been working in the buisiness for years - still sometimes the way they are used in the games seems awkward and some of the textures seem to come from another, not so professional, source. Why does an artist who obviously has so much talent make so mauch fauxpas like the font choice for example. And looking at his attitude in using someone elses content (Yes, like my skies), his aggressive behavoir when beeing questioned and considering how easy it is to rip the textures from TP I think it's hard to belive that he doesn't at least uses the original TP textures as a starting point for his textures.

Just my opinion

You know you really shouldn't try apologizing then flame someone in the next breath it really makes you look like a hypocrite. Why do you care to nit pick at what I'm doing or myself in general? Do you think its going to make you look like the better retexturer? Honestly last time I checked, what I did was for fun, not for a competition. Also if memory serves me, it was YOU who came raging with an attitude problem on MY site cause I was using your pack as an addon and even crediting your work(I -never- claimed your sky textures as my work), trying to cause drama in public instead of acting like an adult and pming me to solve any problem you had. Which btw, I will not be using your pack anymore since you threw such a hissy fit, I really have no time to deal with drama you would like to ensue. I say this to all retexturers, If you're really doing this for internet fame, you really need to GTFO. Honestly you should be making texture packs for fun and the enjoyment in general, not who can do what better.

Also about what happens with my packs, their more betas, a lot of things change in the course of my work and nothing has been set in stone. So if something looks off, its probably cause I'm still fiddling around with it, but then again, everyone would rather jump the gun then to actually take the time to think about that.

Lastly I posted here not to cause some drama flame war, I posted here to set straight the facts and my last opinion on the matter, I do not care for people thinking they can smear my name cause they think its going to make them look like the good guy, cause honestly all its doing is making yourself look like a dick.
Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

EliteKnight

I'v know zeth for quiet some time and i can tell you his textures are lagit knowing im not good at retexturing but still i know a good artists when i see one when we talked quiet a bit about a year a go he would send me half done textures to see what i thought so cheak before judge.:bouncy:

mode7

@Zeth:

death--droid is right, still I want to state a few facts:

FACT is that I was quite angry when I found out about you using my textures (As I explained to you in a mail I wrote you). So I've done some things which maybe I shouldn't have done like posting it in public and accusing you of stealing work (which using without crediting is IMO)

FACT is now you are accusing me in public (Who's the hypocrite now?)

FACT is your pack looks completely amazing.

FACT is that there is a huge amount of texture style and size variation in your pack which makes oneself wonder especially if it is a one man project. I'm not the only one having this doubts, which was the reason you left the forum back then instead of proving your innocence.

FACT is even though you say you give a shit about this board you still you come back to insult and accuse me.

FACT is that there's a guy who calls himself EliteKnight, who uses his/her(?) first post to tell us how great and righteous you are. (Who's trying to look like the good guy now)?

LAST FACT: I couln't find a download link for your pack, which is strange because I really would've liked to take a look at it.

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
@mode7 - You really must have nothing better to do then write out all those silly little "facts" that are just your opinions. ;)
So mr. man child, please keep them to yourself cause honestly I'm sure like myself, no one wants to hear your internet raging.

PROTIP: If you don't want people to use your stuff, stop posting it on the internet. srsly.

There are far worst people out there taking full credit for your work when I was at least giving you credit during the time I was using it. :p

Cheers! :cheers:

Last edited:

mode7

Right you did after I indicated it...

Yeah but you're right let's just cease fire here. This is getting a bit tiring.

Let's just carry on work we have better things to do, right?
I seriously looking forward to your final release there are some things in there we have to achieve yet (like the markets).

I wish you the very best for the future of your project.

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
I'm already been working on it. This is what I've got done and I don't have the other hires stuff loaded so I don't have to keep reloading all the other textures while I work on these. Also keep in mind, these are just work in progress, they are not finished yet. I plan to add lanterns around the city as well so when it comes to night, I plan to do light mapping around those areas.

@Mode7 - I wish you the best in your projects as well.

THELEGENDOFZELDA-11-3.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-12-1.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-13-2.jpg

Last edited: