What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

Haiku2nd

well:

we should have Kokiri forest , some shield design , a link set of eyes tunic icon as well as boot Maybe temple of time texture i hope well have the text box and the hud apart from that we need : Every other texture for dungeon people town and temple...and special effect texture ....and that would be that

mattst88

Without reading through 55 pages of stuff:

1) Has anything been released?
2) Need special permission or something to contribute?

Look, this is apparently a 55 page cluster-you-know-what. Let's get an official website, set up and SVN server and go to work. It's completely impossible to figure out what in the world is going on in a thread of this size. If you're worried about licensing and copyright, read a little about the Creative Commons license.

Wouldn't it be so much easier for someone to make a texture, have someone review it, and if it's accepted immediately upload it to the SVN server complete with changelog?

Running any type of project from a single forum thread is always a disaster.

Moreover, let's setup an IRC channel on Freenode or one of the other big networks so information will flow a little more easily.

We also need some guidelines for how the textures should look, ie textures look like the old texture, just as a higher resolution and possibly more detail to exclude brand new looking items and icons.

Last edited:

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Look, this is apparently a 55 page cluster-you-know-what. Let's get an official website, set up and SVN server and go to work. It's completely impossible to figure out what in the world is going on in a thread of this size. If you're worried about licensing and copyright, read a little about the Creative Commons license.

Wouldn't it be so much easier for someone to make a texture, have someone review it, and if it's accepted immediately upload it to the SVN server complete with changelog?

Running any type of project from a single forum thread is always a disaster.

Moreover, let's setup an IRC channel on Freenode or one of the other big networks so information will flow a little more easily.

We also need some guidelines for how the textures should look, ie textures look like the old texture, just as a higher resolution and possibly more detail to exclude brand new looking items and icons.

That's waaaaaaaaaaaay too many suggestions at once. Seeing as how laid back this project is (and some issues I'm seeing here regarding jealousy) nothing of that nature will get off the ground. Besides, even if they were to be set up, don't pitch all those ideas at once, it just strengthens the possibility that it will end in disaster.

VampLordAlucard

Hellsing's Finest
My god, you are foolish if you dont listen to mattst88, this mans got the right idea *claps*

I only visit emutalk.net once every few months, just to see whats going down, and this project hasnt made any real progress since it started! 55 pages later, I dont know if you have nething released, or what. Its just a jumbled mess of posts. If you really want to make a serious project, then take some of his advice and get organized. Idc is this is a leisure project, at least post an updated download with all of whats been done..

X-Fi6

We keep talking about going on track but never seem to do so. This should be one of the last posts before getting back on topic.

mattst88

UnaidedCoder:
Show me where 'casual' and 'organized' are mutually exclusive.

VampLordAlucard:
Thanks. :)

First things first. Let's get an IRC channel.
I propose #ootretex on irc.freenode.net. Please join and let's see what we can agree on doing and make some progress.

Haiku2nd

Now did any one did something ? i would like to know but anyway im doing sum stuff for other characther diferent than link.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
OK, now here are my title screen tiles, I would ask that whoever is working on this pack, please credit me for the title screen work, also DON'T use textures from Twilight Princess. Make your own based on the style of the originals, and be inspired by the scenes in TP.

Just ensure they fit the world of Ocarina of Time, with inspiration from TP, and don't mix elements. Don't replace a wooden object with stone, or grass with mud etc, as the sound effects are set, and remember, Link is from Ocarina, not Twilight Princess, and so he should not look like the Twilight Princess one...

Last edited:

Saisuke

Btw guys, I'm out of the project because every single time I start the game, my computer crashes. :_ / Sorry, I'll TRY to fix my emulator.

Cyberman

Died a while ago.:(
How so? Just because people are talking everyday about something doesn't mean it's dead. I guess things happen instantly to people or something. They have to have time to work on it, and remember they do so in there spare time. For most that's whenever they have time. Most people are busy with life.

Cyb