What's new

Language file to be translated for the 1964.099

Burnpro

Supar ***
well at least the spanish translation will be the best one so far :) i`m glad someone took my translation (or plabojm) and modified it with a better one..

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
And here is the Geek language file. I can't tell how valid it is, until i test it :vampire:

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
Portuguese - Brazil lang pak

Here's my Portuguese-BR language file!

=> credits to Night0 and me...

---[edit]---
This attachment management system is such a burden...!

Last edited:

PabloJM

Spanish translation

I don't think there is a need for a second Spanish translation (I mean, european and latam). Neoak is right when he suggests doing a "neutral" version, so every spanish-speaking person can understand it the same way. Instead of discussing which is the best translation, we should make only one with a mix of the proposed ones, and any incoming suggestions.

I dunno what ferbe means by "improved translation". If ferbe had more experience translating books, he'd know that not every term or expression can be "directly translated". Sometimes you need to add a slight variation to some words, phrases or sentences to preserve its meaning/sense, e.g. when you deal with "idioms". Just try to translate a song or a poem with rhymes and you should understand what i'm talking about.

That way i suggested "Trucos" for "Cheat Codes" instead of "Códigos de trampa", which is smaller, easier to understand and may be helpful for emu authors (as Neto said when he talked about the needing of abbreviations). That's not my idea, it was adopted previously in some Spanish translations of MAME, and nobody complains about it (well, they translate "cheats", not "cheat codes", but they "mean" the same).
What's wrong with "Remover"????? It's OK, leave it.

Well, "Proceso" is not the correct translation of "Thread", but I don't think it's Neoak's fault, there are lots of books translated from english to spanish that have this error as well.
And thanks to NeTo and Jonpagecr for considering my version in your translations. If I have enough time, i'm gonna mix all versions and post it so we can approach to a final release. As I said before, we should team up and make only one version, which we all consider it's the best. It would be nice to have some European comments too. Let's try to do an universal version, not only latin-american.
Last but not least, I don't think Burnpro's version is badly translated, like ferbe said. Maybe it needs some reviews and updates (like mine, Neto's or Johnpagecr's) but it's far from bad :)

Last edited:

PabloJM

Spanish Translation

It's me again.
As I promised before, I mixed up these spanish translations: NeTo, JohnPageCr, BurnPro and mine. I have also sent a private message to you guys so we can discuss about the final version without flooding the forums with all the spanish stuff. If anybody wants to contribute, please let me know :)

EDIT: Updated in a later post.

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Report about my lang file and Dee Dark language file

Dee Dark: thanks for the ideas, but after i testing your lang file with 1964 beta, i see that my lang file is better, but thnx anyway........

After many tests with 1964beta and my lang file, i have changed many strings... that are more better, but i have some space problems, and now i am waiting for a little modification made by Siskoo implemented in 1964 by Rice because i can't short "DMA em segmentos" string

some tips for you Dee Dark: "Exceções inúteis de CP1" isn't the right translation at all........(only using the 1964 beta you can see this), "Registrar Caching" isn't the right translation, but is the unique choice, we can use without problems......
"Compilador em dois passos" is many long.......
"lag (atraso) menor" isn't good - "pouco lag (atraso)" is better (if you agree....)
and many other things......

Dee Dark: thanks.... now i can see the difficulties of an another brazilian user....
our language is very beauty, but is not flexible....
_Oz_: yep, some lines are very long, need many modifications..........

My translations is tottaly done (99.9% i believe... ;-)) since 18/12, i need only a patched 1964 beta that supports "DMA em segmentos:" correctly to release my final version.....

Finally: i considering to change some strings after i see Dee Dark lang file, to make more easier to understand........

Thnx at all guys, specially to Dee Dark, The Siskoo and Rice........

Last edited:

AL9999

Sorry Nekobabu, I don't have a beta version of 1964 to test with so I have no idea where Japanese character encoding is not going to work properly.

Nonetheless, half the translation file is still in English in your file, because of that. Hardly a translation :p

Can I also ask you why you make a lot of lines Wasei Eigo (stolen English words in Katakana)? I'm trying to make it easy for Japanese to understand, not harder. :p

AL9999

Actually Nekokabu, I've realised that there's a few mistakes in your translation. These lines:

16,Select a ROM folder
30,Select Game Save Folder
31,Select Plugin Folder
32,Select ROM Folder

These are requests, not statements. So you would say 選択してください, not 何々の選択.

20,Looking for ROM files in the ROM directory and Generating List

This line appears when it's actually doing those processes. So, しています is used, not します (it's actually updating the list, it's not going to update the list).

If you want to discuss these please email me (in English or Japanese) at the address in my translation file. Hope I was able to help. :)

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
Nighty0 said:
Dee Dark: thanks.... now i can see the difficulties of another brazilian user....
our language is very beautiful, but is not flexible....
_Oz_: yep, some lines are too long, need many modifications..........

My translation is tottaly done (99.9% i believe... ;-)) since 18/12, i need only a patched 1964 beta that supports "DMA em segmentos:" correctly to release my final version.....

Finally: I'm considering to change some strings after I saw Dee Dark lang file, to make easier to understand........

Thnx at all guys, especially to Dee Dark, The Siskoo and Rice........

That's all right... Let's just say I'm not an expert in computer programming voccabulary... And, after all, that file was the easiest way to help the translation project, without access to your file, and without posting line by line... :happy: Glad to help with 1964's brazillian portuguese translation patch :)

Só me menciona nos agradecimentos do cabeçalho, que tá beleza :p

Nekokabu

AL9999 said:
Actually Nekokabu, I've realised that there's a few mistakes in your translation. These lines:

16,Select a ROM folder
30,Select Game Save Folder
31,Select Plugin Folder
32,Select ROM Folder

These are requests, not statements. So you would say 選択してください, not 何々の選択.

20,Looking for ROM files in the ROM directory and Generating List

This line appears when it's actually doing those processes. So, しています is used, not します (it's actually updating the list, it's not going to update the list).

If you want to discuss these please email me (in English or Japanese) at the address in my translation file. Hope I was able to help. :)

It is not a mistake.
It is because a meaning is fully understood by the translation.

AL9999

Nekokabu said:
It is not a mistake.
It is because a meaning is fully understood by the translation.

Bah... that's like saying "let's just translate any old way, as long as the meaning is conveyed across".

So if I were to write "Me AL, me program new translation into new form of program", that's acceptable because it can be understood.

Anyway I'm not gonna turn this thread into a rant, but it's saddening that some translations are done that way.

つまりnekokabuさんの意見と同意しません。本当の言葉に訳すのではなく、ただ理解できる言葉に訳すなんて残念だと思います。今度は私がやる和訳は本当の言葉を目指して訳します。

PS 和製英語を使ってあまり分かりやすくしていないと思いますよ。^O^

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Dee Dark said:
Só me menciona nos agradecimentos do cabeçalho, que tá beleza :p

Bah, mas jah tah se colando!!!!!!!!!!! hahhahaaha!!!!!!!!!! :freak: :cyclops: :D

pode crer...... tah tranquilo...... pode deixar que vou colocar sim..........

you wanna credits, hum????????? ok, i'll give to you........

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Another version of German translation from Gladiac.

Here is the original email from him.
---------------------------------

hi
I was not able to post anything in emutalk (i hate vbulletin...) so i
desided to mail you my german translation for 1964. I know, there is
already
a german translation posted on the board, but I found some mistakes and
cleaned 'em. Please mail me back, if you find anything that is not the
way
you want it to be.

mkay, see ya!

Gladiac

jacker

El Traductor
Rice said:
Another version of German translation from Gladiac.

Here is the original email from him.
---------------------------------

hi
I was not able to post anything in emutalk (i hate vbulletin...) so i
desided to mail you my german translation for 1964. I know, there is
already
a german translation posted on the board, but I found some mistakes and
cleaned 'em. Please mail me back, if you find anything that is not the
way
you want it to be.

mkay, see ya!

Gladiac

Yes, there are some mistakes in the German file(I would translate some things the other way), but the only thing he did is correcting some graphical errors(Dialog 10 and line 10 in the string Section - that's all I could find) and replacing the original authors name with his own. The normal thing for him to do was to write the author an e-mail with his suggestions.

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
jacker said:
Yes, there are some mistakes in the German file(I would translate some things the other way), but the only thing he did is correcting some graphical errors(Dialog 10 and line 10 in the string Section - that's all I could find) and replacing the original authors name with his own. The normal thing for him to do was to write the author an e-mail with his suggestions.

I added my E-Mail Adress into the Lang-File, so send me the errors.

jacker

El Traductor
Emu&Co said:
I added my E-Mail Adress into the Lang-File, so send me the errors.
I have no time right now. Your Translation is 95% OK. I was just talking about the guy who took your translation and said it was his own.

Gladiac0190

mkay, seems that everybody hates me now... I'm the guy, that did some modifications to the grman languagefile... first of all, sorry for deleting your "copyright"-information. This was a bloody mistake which occured when copy'n paste around in my editor... will never happen again.
The mistakes i cleaned are mostly grafical stuff? maybe, but not really...

ss != ß
ö != Ö
and != und

hope you understand, what i mean...

glad (yes, i got my account working.... bloody vbulletin)

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
Here´s a "little modified version" of Neto´s Translation. I add one line at the least. 100,España - PAL and some little modifications.