What's new

Language file to be translated for the 1964.099

AL9999

Japanese translation

Hey guys,

Just saw that 1964 is now multi-language compatible, great to know! I thought you might be interested in a Japanese language translation, so I made one for you guys. Hopefully it works fine. =)

1964の日本語翻訳ファイルです。完全に日本語化されています。まだ1964β版で調査されていませんがどうぞダウンロードしてください。

AL

Edit: Killed the two files idea. Will just stick with the ASCII one, so everyone can use it. :)

Edit 2 (Update): Updated to reflect Rice's comments on the English label, and to add a note about the translation in the about box. Hopefully doesn't screw up the About box layout, we'll see when it's released. :) Oh and sorry, no romaji. =)

Edit 3 (Update 2): Fixed a few improperly typed lines (just realised now, hehe :) )

Last edited:

jacker

El Traductor
I have a maybe stupid question here. Do we have to leave line 5 in "Menu items" "English" or do we have to replace it with our own languages (e.g. "German", "French", "Spanish")? Since there is "English" in both the French and the Spanish versions i can assume that my question is extremely lame. But still...

P.S. Russian will be ready by Saturday.

Last edited:

Dee Dark

EmuTalk Ghost
Portuguese translation suggestion:
Cara, troca o "Deselecionar todas" por "Desmarcar todas" (You'll need to change all the "selecionar" words to "marcar")

...just an idea

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Dee Dark said:
Portuguese translation suggestion:
Cara, troca o "Deselecionar todas" por "Desmarcar todas" (You'll need to change all the "selecionar" words to "marcar")

...just an idea

já troquei........ o único f0d4 são os termos técnicos, que ficam muito estranho em portugues, teve até um que "destraduzi"........ não se preocupa que eu estou contatando alguns amigos para fazerem um "test-drive", estou pesquisando em outros emuladores traduzidos os termos técnicos, para ver se não ficam estranho........
até tirei do download pq aquilo eu fiz em menos de uma hora, a versão 2 estou levando totalmente à sério....... só não quero que fique como a tradução do pj64, que é uma m3rd4....

guys, sorry, no time to translate this to english, i translate later, i have to help a friend....
thnx...... i accept all suggestions.....

jacker

El Traductor
Rice said:
You can leave it alone. Don't translate it.

I still don't get it. What is that line for? I mean if you want to make a language list like in Project 64 this line should be replaced. Otherwise you will get "English" written in twenty different languages.

_Oz_

Portuguese Standard (Portugal) Translation

I hope it works though i think some lines are too big!!! Can someone that can try it out to tell me if they are ok?
Also there is a line that i don't really know what it does! :cry:

Nekokabu

New Japanese language file

AL9999 said:
Hey guys,

Just saw that 1964 is now multi-language compatible, great to know! I thought you might be interested in a Japanese language translation, so I made one for you guys. Hopefully it works fine. =)

AL

Edit: There's two files in the archive, both have the same content. One is named using ASCII characters and the other using multi-byte Japanese characters, in case you can't operate the multi-byte named file for some reason. Would prefer if you use the multi-byte named file in the final build, thanks :cool:

Edit 2: Updated to reflect Rice's comments on the English label, and to add a note about the translation in the about box. Hopefully doesn't screw up the About box layout, we'll see when it's released. :) Oh and sorry, no romaji. =)

Hi,

I think that the language file which you made causes character transformation...

I made the language file which translated into Japanese only the place which thinks that character transformation does not take place.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Looks like i'm late for the Spanish one. I think i already did a lot with the PJ64 translation and that other people deserve the chance.

I read all translations, and i say that the official one is so far, the most neutral and easy to understand. I think there is no need for another Spanish translation.

:party:

Last edited:

Lucky Luke

Exactley Here is The Norwegian Translation

Excuse Me, Here it is. Ive newer used this forum before. This is my first version.

ferbe

The "original" spanish translation is not good for me, it looks badly translated. Examples:
1) Interpretativo -> Should be "Intérprete".
2) Factor de cuenta -> Factor contador, Factor de conteo
3) Latencia -> Retardo
4) Cabecera -> Encabezado
5) Remover -> Quitar
6) De-Seleccionar -> Desmarcar, Deseleccionar
7) Save Type = Tipo de batería?????? Don't think so.
8) DMA en partes -> DMA segmentado, DMA en segmentos
9) Comp. de Dos pasadas -> Compilador en dos pasos
10) Kaillera jugador ... -> Jugador Kaillera ...
11) Folder -> Carpeta ("Directorio" is Directory)
12) Thread: Don't translate it, it's OK.

I think it would be nice to add a Latin American Spanish version, like the ones that PabloJM and Jonpagecr provided, both are a very good work guys, it looks that you know the terms which you are dealing with. Some terms are better in one than in the other, so a mix of them would be great. I would like to help in this job if you want it.
If you don't think that there's a need for a second Spanish version, try to make one with more "universal" terms. Words like Slot and Plug-In should be avoided, these are english words, not spanish.
Note that we also use the starting "¿" for questions, and try to avoid abbreviations, like "De-Selec" and "predet": they really suck, and sometimes they are hard to understand. Consider increasing max. text length if that's a problem.
And we don't use capital letters for every word, that's uncommon in spanish. (example: "Restaurar Velocidad Correcta", should be "Restaurar velocidad correcta").

Last edited:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
1) Interpretativo -> The RSP is in this mode. No need to change it.
2) Factor de cuenta -> Factor contador, Factor de conteo -> True
3) Latencia -> It's OK. Check the latest version of the dictionary. The word is there.
4) Cabecera -> Encabezado -> It's about the ROM header. Both ways are fine, but the first one takes less space and mean the same.
5) Remover -> For most people, "Quitar" means to close the application. Leave it.
6) De-Seleccionar -> Desmarcar, Deseleccionar -> True
7) Save Type = Tipo de batería?????? Don't think so. -> Actually, Nintendo always called the save part of a cart "Battery". Leave it.
8) DMA en partes -> DMA por partes
9) Comp. de Dos pasadas -> Compilador en dos pasos -> True
10) Kaillera jugador ... -> Jugador Kaillera ... -> True
11) Folder -> Carpeta ("Directorio" is Directory) -> True
12) Thread: Don't translate it, it's OK. -> You know what it is. Most people doesn't have an idea what a thread is, and the target audience of the translations are to use a word they can check in a dictionary of their language and know what it means. the word would be "Proceso"

Next time you try to correct a translation for the technical terms (and in this case, a lot), go and check the latest dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy (Real Academia Española). You will see that they adopted a lot of terms that helps in the case of translations. If you don't use the terms they accepted, then you would be writing a translation "half-made".

Check my PJ64 translation and try to improve it with NEUTRAL terms, common in Spain and in Latinamerica. You will see that it was the most neutral i could get before using english terms.

ferbe

neoak said:
1) Interpretativo -> The RSP is in this mode. No need to change it.
2) Factor de cuenta -> Factor contador, Factor de conteo -> True
3) Latencia -> It's OK. Check the latest version of the dictionary. The word is there.
4) Cabecera -> Encabezado -> It's about the ROM header. Both ways are fine, but the first one takes less space and mean the same.
5) Remover -> For most people, "Quitar" means to close the application. Leave it.
6) De-Seleccionar -> Desmarcar, Deseleccionar -> True
7) Save Type = Tipo de batería?????? Don't think so. -> Actually, Nintendo always called the save part of a cart "Battery". Leave it.
8) DMA en partes -> DMA por partes
9) Comp. de Dos pasadas -> Compilador en dos pasos -> True
10) Kaillera jugador ... -> Jugador Kaillera ... -> True
11) Folder -> Carpeta ("Directorio" is Directory) -> True
12) Thread: Don't translate it, it's OK. -> You know what it is. Most people doesn't have an idea what a thread is, and the target audience of the translations are to use a word they can check in a dictionary of their language and know what it means. the word would be "Proceso"

Next time you try to correct a translation for the technical terms (and in this case, a lot), go and check the latest dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy (Real Academia Española). You will see that they adopted a lot of terms that helps in the case of translations. If you don't use the terms they accepted, then you would be writing a translation "half-made".

Check my PJ64 translation and try to improve it with NEUTRAL terms, common in Spain and in Latinamerica. You will see that it was the most neutral i could get before using english terms.

I'm still in disagree with some terms.
1) Interpretativo doesn't have a place here. The correct term is Intérprete, which means Interpreter, and not Interpretive/Interpretative. Also, this is a smaller string. It seems you are reading "cheap-translated" books.
3) OK, i should have commented that as a suggestion
4) OK, i don't like it, but it's OK.
5) That's not true. It may be for YOUR people. For all other people, to close a window is to close a window (cerrar).
7) What you say is true, and i know it, but try to preserve the original terms, don't make "improved" translations.
8) Self-correction: DMA por segmentos
12) "The word whould be Proceso": Please read a computer programming/design book before suggesting these kind of translations: Thread means "hilo", or "fibra", not "proceso" (process). This is a totally different concept. For example, in Windows architecture, a thread is a part of a process. OK, this should be translated, but consider terms like "plug-in" too. And remember that not every english-speaking people know what a thread is in computational/programming terms.

Jonpagecr

Banned
Spanish Version 2nd release

Hello, tanks for your coments,
Here is the Second release (2.4) of the spanish version, completely renovated, based on PabloJM traduction, expect that this traduction is the final Spanish Version.

Enjoy this excellent final version for the 1964 emulator

Tanks 1964 team, for the best 64 Emulator.