What's new

Language file to be translated for the 1964.099

Rice

Emulator Developer
Language file to be translated for 1964.099

Hello, All

I am glad to tell that the new 1964 will support multiple languages on all of its user interfaces, including the menus, dialog items, game setting options and other general messages.

I would like to post the standard English language file here and ask help from you to have it translated into your own language.

If you would like to do the translation for the uncoming 1964 release, please download the package, read the 'readme.txt' file and try your best to do it.

Besides of the readme file, here are a few things for you to know:

- 1964 does support characters in multiple bytes. This means 1964 supports far east languages including Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other Unicode based strings.
- You need sometime to finish the translation, since there are many things to be translated.
- You don't have a new 1964.exe to test your translation with if you are not a beta tester. What you can do is to do your best for the moment by following the instructions in the readme.txt file, and will test it when the new 1964.exe becomes available for you.
- After you finish it, please post your translation file here in this thread.
- In the package, there are a few other already translated language files. If you want and a file is in the same language as yours, you may take a look of it and try to fix the translations you dislike.

Rice
12/09/2003

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
i can make a brazilian portuguese translation, but i not a beta tester because my mobo was under fixes by intel exctly in the month that beta testers program was started.....
now my comp is ok..... i have some C/C++ knowledge too.....

if you need to talk to me, pm me at nightyzero at NOSPAM yahoo com.br

don't worry about my "1 post", i not newbie...... i abandoned my another nickname electroZi, that was registered in emutalk since 2001 and i am a emu fan since 1999....

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Please use this thread to reserve your translation first and to attach it here later. To make it easy for us to find the files and relevant information quickly, please keep other conversation in this thread to a minimum. As new translations are submitted, revision suggestions will be open for discussion here as well. Thanks, everyone :).

Last edited:

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
And here it is!!! MY German Langpack. Rice, schibo, hope you'll like it. PLZ send me an E-Mail, if you find errors. :1964:

Burnpro

Supar ***
my spanish translation..

there were some mispelled words in the spanish.lng file and missed from 101 to 137 lines.

Last edited:

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
here is my brazilian portuguese language file.....
need only a few improvements, but only when i have the 0.99 ver in hands to test...... :beer:

*EDIT*
THIS IS NOT A FINAL VERSION...
I'm preparing a much better version....
I have completed all fixes.....
I post after an extensive and "final" test...

Last edited:

I) /\ \/ I )

The Swede
Swedish translation

OK! Here comes a Swedish translation of the language file.

Hopes it works fine...
I´m waiting to test it :)
CU
/David

Last edited:

Knuckles

French is reserved for me!!!!!

Since the one in it is not really good

Last edited:

Tilt

French translation is perfect, i'v seen the file and no problem. Create a Canadian French translation cause there are some difference between these 2 language.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Rice said:
- You don't have a new 1964.exe to test your translation with if you are not a beta tester. What you can do is to do your best for the moment by following the instructions in the readme.txt file, and will test it when the new 1964.exe becomes available for you.

Well, seems I haven't got enough response as I expected. I am still looking forward to more translations so we can have a release with better international language supports.

To encourage more ppls to attend the translation contest (sort of), I would like to explain the rule a little bit more. As I stated and quoted above (even though most ppls didn't pay attention to it), you may be able to get hold of the new 1964.exe to test your language translation with if you would have spent your best efforts to finish your own translation.

Email me for further questions and comments.

Rice

ShadowFX

Guardian
Dutch Translation

Well,

I've done the Dutch translation for the emulator. I know it's not 100% accurate but some words just cannot be translated properly in my language.

I hope it's enough.

~ EMu-LoRd

ShadowFX

Guardian
Dutch Translation

Well,

I've done the Dutch translation for the emulator. I know it's not 100% accurate but some words just cannot be translated properly in my language. I know I did my best to make as accurate as possible. 1964 will be the best ever!

I hope it is enough.

~ EMu-LoRd

Last edited:

The Siskoo

I tested some language pack with 1964. Seems all language packs are very good. Some of them have just a lit' thing to improve :

Emu&Co : Deutsch --> Dialog 1, 8,Hinzufügen/Verändern : could you reduce the size, for example Hinzufüg./Verändern
Nighty0 : Brazilian --> Dialog 1, 4,Deselecionar Todos : could you reduce the size for example Deselec. Todos.
Burnpro : Spanish --> Dialog 1, 4,De-Seleccionar Todos : could you reduce the size for example De-Selec. Todos
Just try to reduce like you want.

EMu-LoRd : Nederlands --> Dialog=6, 4,&Download Plug-ins Online : do you forget to translate this or not ?

Swedish and French seem Ok

This is just to help you to improve your translation.

ShadowFX

Guardian
The Siskoo said:
EMu-LoRd : Nederlands --> Dialog=6, 4,&Download Plug-ins Online : do you forget to translate this or not ?
As far as I know (and I know my language!), that line cannot be translated to Dutch.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Siskoo: I'm preparing a much better version....
I have completed all fixes (major and many others).....
Many optimizations, blah, blah, blah, etc.....
I post after an extensive and "final" test...

thanks for the advices
PM me if you find other errors...

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I'm late... I just want to make the spanish translation... (Rice I know that I already tried before) I'll try to do it and post it here... and then post it... the better one will win!

WildSOfT

emu-holic
Lithuanian translation

Here goes lithuanian translation

:bouncy:

Not sure if all the expressions have correct length, I'll test it when I get the new 1964 ;) and fix them if necessary.

EDIT: file updated with some cosmetic changes. Should be OK now.

WildSOfT

Last edited: