What's new

Geometry Dumper... how?

NeoNight

psychotix said:
Couldn't all of this be used to help us make remakes of our beloved classic N64 titles...

such as Conker's Bad Fur Day....

someone was trying to make a sort of unoffical sequal to conker I dunno if he is still working on it though.

RiffRaff1138 said:
Alright, I've got the 3dsmax trial, but... I kinda deleted the game and VRML dump out of frustration last night. I re-downloaded the game from the same site as before, but for some reason it says there's an error opening it now.

So, now I just need a mask VRML dump...

ill try to make one in a few just gotta get the game.....

Edit:

There ya go mask with textures already mapped in milkshape friendly and max format.

RiffRaff1138

Thankee-sai! Sorry I've been bothering you with such a minor thing, but sometimes my computer seems to be intent at preventing me from doing anything...

Edit:

Last edited:

NeoNight

lol thats crazy.. anyway if you want to get more textures and stuff i the future just use lemmy's latest D3d plugin (its at the top of the topic list for the nemu64 board)

whitemage

lol sry for majorly bumping topic :p

But i this nemu exporting thing is so awesome, heres what i made with it:

z1.PNG

z3.PNG

z6.PNG

terrainz3d.jpg

z1old9cz.jpg

Lol, its all running real-time in my fan-game. Ive even animated it with milkshape...but sadly i have no idea on how to texture the damn thing..

Hosma293

Beta Quest Freak
No, you can only export. :(
You can use them in games but you can't make profit from the models or the games otherwise it becomes copyright infringement. Dunno if you can distribute them in mods though..

HeadHunter2

hey,

i want to rip the goldeneye levels.
I'm using 1964 with the texture dumper which needs on c a folder called vrml.
Since GE is loads not the hole level i need to dump parts.
for putting them together i've chosed 3ds Max.
My goal is to make fine quakemaps out of the vrml.
but i cant find a way to export the textureing list so i lose all my textures in the level.
And GE has damn small textures.....so retexturing is a hard work.

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Hosma293 said:
No, you can only export. :(
You can use them in games but you can't make profit from the models or the games otherwise it becomes copyright infringement. Dunno if you can distribute them in mods though..
Oh man, thats like way to bad. :( I was finally hoping I could play a super realistic OoT.

Alaric

Screwy geometry

I've gotten Nemu to dump the geometry to the wrl file and I converted it over to a .ma file (I'm using Maya) ...and something really screwy happens. Whenever I load the ma file, all of the polygons look like they're reversed, so that the backside is visible and the frontside is culled. Does anyone know how to reverse this back to normal using Maya? (I have Maya 4.5)
Thanks
P.S. I tried to find the Crossroads conversion program that everyone posted about, but the links are all dead. I did, however find a very good program that does the same thing at http://www.micromouse.ca . The program is AccuTrans 3d.

DrunkenNinja

VRML but everytime i hit the extract VRML buton the video freezes and i can hear the audio as if the game was running fine (hear char running around when im moving) and when i uncheck it the video returns to normal. but even if i leve it checked for a long time i dont get any modles dumped into the VRML file i made. duno what to do.
EDIT: ok so turns out i had to download nemu again. but also noboddy evey SPECIFICLY sed how to get the textures, just what plugin to use. i have the plugin and it just ses stuff about the texture, nothing about exporting it.

Last edited: