What's new

Geometry Dumper... how?

NeoNight

um ill see if I can dump some geo's using 1964 ill just have to mess with some save states. I.e. I load up the lvl with jabo 1.5 then I save state close the rom then switch to lemmys plugin.

edit: I got the IDA program I'll pm you about it.... or try to...

edit: nvm I had no luck either any time I try to load up a save stat using lemmey's plugin in 1964 conker freezes along with the emu.... :crazy:

Last edited:

Neophyte

NeoNight said:
edit: I got the IDA program I'll pm you about it.... or try to...

You do? Sweet! Do you have the advanced version? Try disassembling a ROM and see what happens. If you have the advanced version then you should probably get a screen similar to this.

http://www.datarescue.com/idabase/gallery/mips_nintendo_n64.htm

On another note, I've just recently found the source to Rice's Daedalus 5.3.1 and since that plug-in seems to run Conker's I might just take a stab at modifying it's source to export to .vrml or something though it would take me some time. I'm not very familar with C.

But it looks like I might actually get this project off the ground afterall. :)

P.S. I'd appreciate it if you would post back on whether you have IDA Pro or Regular. Although I may be able to mod Daedalus to dump the models, I'd still like to take a look at the disassembly of Conker's to find out how they accomplished some things.

One of my goals is to make the game feel like the original as much as possible. To do that I need to figuare out how the A.I. was implemented among other things. I have a few ideas that I've based on in-game observation but nothing beats actually being able to look at the code for myself and finding out for sure.

Oh, and if you do happen to have the advanced version of IDA, and it does disassemble Conker's, I'll post my email address. You can send me whatever text files it produces that way. Thanks. :)

NeoNight

Ok I have the IDA Pro version and yeah it looks like that screen. Am trying to disassemble conker right now.

edit: Looks like I have an older version of IDA Pro its version 4.17 That and doesn't seem like I can disassemble conker. Well the rom anyway..... :doh:

oh the other had if you want to get the full version of 4.6 I can get you a huge discount (it'll drop the price down to about ~ 246.00 )

Last edited:

Neophyte

Hmmm. You must not have the advanced version then. :-(

Crap. Oh, well.

As for the discount, that's not necessary. Though I do appreciate the offer, I don't really need IDA a whole lot so spending a couple hundred on a program that I'm probably going to only use once isn't too great of an idea on my part.

Anyway, I should probably get around to checking out the source for Daedalus. I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Oh, and if I have any success with dumping the geo, I'll post here to let you guys know. I'll probably even document the changes I made to Rice's plug-in to get it to dump geo. That way everyone can benifit from it.

See ya, and once again thanks for the offer.

Viper_Viper

Sup guys, I just started to do some of this suff and was wondering... no one clearly stated how to get textures other than taking screenshots. I whould like to know how to rip them even with low quality. Thanks alot

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
One month later I discovered this thread but nobody had answered these guy before me...
Plz, don't let this great topic die! It would b so great 2 see some of our fav BigN models in a mod or something like this.
What's with the Rice Video Mod? Is it developping? Died? Plz, not!

Neophyte

MasterPhW_DX said:
What's with the Rice Video Mod? Is it developping? Died? Plz, not!

Actually, I haven't really touched the Rice Vid plug-in's source. A lot of different projects have come up that have prevented me from actually progressing on this little side project. I've talked with Rice and I know how to dump the model geometery as well as the textures. It's just a matter of finding the time and energy to figuare out the format in which it dumps them in that is the difficult part.

I''ve almost completed some of my current projects and might be able to schedule time to sort this whole thing out later on, but that probably won't be for another week or two.

Rest assured though, my Conker remake isn't dead. Just delayed.

Gorgy

I`m remaking Zelda: OOT, and obviously it isn`t dead either, but delayed as well as Neophyte`s project. The problem, as described in the "Nemu Rocks"-topic, keeps me on the level of development that I`m at right now.

If I find some people with skills, they can join the team and solve this problem as well.

Just to make sure: It ain`t dead, no way!

Neophyte

Update:

I can get Conker's geo now thanks to the unoffical release of the latest LemD3D8 plug-in. Looks like my Conker's remake is back on track. :)

Neophyte

I meant the plug-in that Federelli is distributing for Lemmy. Its in the thread titled "New LemD3D released by Lemmy". I figuared it was unoffical because as Federelli said, it was never meant to be a plug-in.

KaokanDBZ

works nicely

If you're willing to give it some time, exporting the geometry and textures of a N64 game can work out quite nicely. Check out this Malon I put together:

malon_textured.jpg

Well, it needs a little work, but it's pretty good, right? :p
As you can see, even though the textures are low res, they are still effective.

MonGo

hey, howd you get those Textures to match up perfectly with the model..What plugin are you using???? please send me a link...

Whenever i export the models and stuff and open them in 3ds max 6 it just gives me the model but not the textures on it.. Please tell me how

psychotix

Making Games?

Couldn't all of this be used to help us make remakes of our beloved classic N64 titles...

such as Conker's Bad Fur Day.... or Goldeneye... Perfect Dark, Mario, Banjo, Zelda, etc?

Games could be easily made using N64 geometry (you just fill in the code to piece it all together) for PC or designed especially for a gamesystem such as Dreamcast or Xbox that is easy to program on. Think about it!

I know it's not the easiest thing to make games but this could help people make games more quickly and effieciently with characters, scenery and objects they love!

RiffRaff1138

I'm having no luck in trying to dump VRML. Or rather, it seems to be dumping fine, but I can't do anything with it. I don't have 3Dmax, and loading it into Crossorads causes an error.

If it's not too much trouble, could anyone that has a Majora's Mask ROM, rip the Majora Mask, convert it to a Milkshape-usable format, and send it to me? Please? I already have the textures, and can map them myself, but I need something to map them to.

NeoNight

you can download and use 3dsmax for free but for 30 days... i'd use that and convert everything into 3ds formats for use in milkshape.

RiffRaff1138

Alright, I've got the 3dsmax trial, but... I kinda deleted the game and VRML dump out of frustration last night. I re-downloaded the game from the same site as before, but for some reason it says there's an error opening it now.

So, now I just need a mask VRML dump...