What's new

Geometry Dumper... how?

Anton

I like beer
jvolel said:
you got it to show in milkshape 3d ?!?!?! how and with what plugin?? (if any)

1. Imported conker's *.wrl model into 3dmax
2. Selected Conker's model
2. Exported conker's model to *.3ds file
3. Imported this *.3ds into Milkshape3d

quite easy :)

Anton

I like beer
jvolel said:
I don't have 3dsmax ...........

Actually, you can d/l it somewere - just search a bit...
Or - buy a cracked pirated version :)
(I bought 3dmax for $2)

Also - look for a shareware program called "3D exploration"
(now it's name is "deep exploration") - it converts/renders/previews, etc lot of 3d formats.
but you need to buy it after 30 days or d/l a crack.
http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/downloads/deepexploration.exe

Search - and you will find anything....

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Anton said:
Actually, you can d/l it somewere - just search a bit...
Or - buy a cracked pirated version :)
(I bought 3dmax for $2)

Also - look for a shareware program called "3D exploration"
(now it's name is "deep exploration") - it converts/renders/previews, etc lot of 3d formats.
but you need to buy it after 30 days or d/l a crack.
http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/dexp/downloads/deepexploration.exe

Search - and you will find anything....
Hey... keep it legal...

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Re: Problems...

Arima` said:
Thanks for the information about the new geometry extracting function in the emulator. It's really helpful and it's great to see the modeling techniques of Nintendo =).

Question though.

I'd like to know how to perform a unique editing mesh group in 3dsMax and how to apply the model a smoothing group (I tried To give him a smoothing group but even if I render him, he still remains flatshaded).

At another puzzling glance, the model in the viewport appears smoothshaded but has some very strange colorings.

Hope you can help me resolve these problems.

Thanks,

Arima`

PS: Here is a screen of Link in max. See what I'm saying?

Nice, how did you get such smoothing

cause this is the best result I was able to get after rendering:

Standard

does the UVW mapping/assignment export as well...or do we hav to remap them to enable us to use the textures included in the game itself....?

wonder why Mario's Head's textures extract with the geometry while most ingame models don't get that benefit...

Guru64

Hi guys!
Thanks to Nemu64's plugin, me and my friend are trying to convert models to Warcraft III.
Too bad the models are very small, so we have to scale them.
We allready got Mario's Head in Wacraft III, but he is too small and he is completly red (teamcolor).
I will post pics soon.

midda_cliff

I've managed to import a model of Link on Epona into Maya, but I can't smooth it at all. Does anyone here know how to smooth these models in Maya???

robpearmain

How can I get the textures. I know using the texture debugging option trhey display in the main window but how can I dump all these to a directory.

Many thanks

Anton

I like beer
midda_cliff :
smooth it in 3Dmax (see beginning of this topic)
& THEN export it to maya
(i guess it understands *.3ds format?)

midda_cliff

No, it doesn't understand .3DS format (there's a plugin that can do that though), but I've worked it out now anyways. Thanks for your help though.

Anton

I like beer
Maybe there are other formats - lwo, obj, etc., which Max can export & Maya - import?
I think such giants in 3D editing like maya & max can understand each other somehow :)

midda_cliff

I've found a way to import .3ds into Maya. I convert the.3ds to .dxf with a program called Crossroads, and then import the .dxf into Maya. But, as I said, there is a plugin for Maya that allows it to import .3ds files, but I can only find the one for older versions of Maya. It doesn't matter now anyways, becuase I've found out how to smooth the models anyways...

Pogo

Wrapping textures

Hi

I use 3DS right, and I've just imported the Kokiri Forest which I extracted in Nemu64. The model is great, but I have two questions:

How do you get the textures out of Nemu?

How do you apply the textures correctly?

I've noticed that ladders, chains, and things like those, have textures which turn certain parts invisible, when the actual model is just a rectangle.
These also seem to a bit of a trouble in 3DS

Thanks for the time! :rolleyes: