What's new

game-compatibility testing

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Erm because its the only one that worked.

I already tried what you suggested above and got this.

When you load up the game in PJ

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
gent lets discuss this later on IRC. but for now i'm a goin' out for a ride in the warm afternoon sun :w00t:

i also had the av prob,it can happen in race mode too,nothing you can do about it (i think).
also for ready 2 rumble 2,it has the same problem with protect memory too,i tried everything,nothing works.i think it's the gfx plugin so it's unlikely you can do something about it...
the same goes for iggy's so these 2 games are not really playable :(

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok i want to ask a few questions to anyone who knows the games:

Ogre Battle - how serious are the black backgrounds in battle scenes? how much does it affect the game?
Resident Evil - how serious is the flicker? how much does it affect the game?

that's all for now, thanks.

64ultramaniac, R2Rr2 no longer hung for me when i put it on Protect.. that's pretty odd if it does for you.

Last edited:
Smiff said:
64ultramaniac, R2Rr2 no longer hung for me when i put it on Protect.. that's pretty odd if it does for you.
the game doesn't always hung at the same place so it can trick you and get away with it.
no matter what smcm i'm using,sometimes i can pass the 1st fight. for instance i remember that once i reached the 5th or 6th fight and then it hung. but no matter what fight, it freezes always when you have finished a fight and it shows the winning screen or a game over screen.
i've played this game extensively so i'm positive about it.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
64ultramaniac said:
the game doesn't always hung at the same place so it can trick you and get away with it.
no matter what smcm i'm using,sometimes i can pass the 1st fight. for instance i remember that once i reached the 5th or 6th fight and then it hung. but no matter what fight, it freezes always when you have finished a fight and it shows the winning screen or a game over screen.
i've played this game extensively so i'm positive about it.

I'll chime in here because I've had the same problem. The last time I played it, I used save states to finish it.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
OK er i must have forgotten to post last night, keep R2Rr2 on Cache and change to CF1 - that seems to work for me + Gent.

is there anything CF1 won't fix ;)

Re2 - I always had the problem that it hangs just after the first door. But these settings seem to work for me: (all default plugs of course):

Recompiler
Protect Memory
8MB
Off
detect 1st used (why do i think RE2 is 16k eeprom?)
CF1
all the boxes UNchecked.

64ultramiac are those your settings also?

when testing don't use states, they can make you think it's more ok than it is apparently.

Last edited:
i've used before cf1 for ready 2 rumble 2, i just had it on protect.
now i tried with cf1 and cache as you said and i got another nice and beautiful lockup in the game over screen.
as i said there is no way to avoid a lockup,sometime it will happen, it just tricks you because it doesn't do it in the same place.
as for resi, yes these are the exact same settings i'm using too.
cf1 solves both the flickering and lockup problems. for the history i just want to say that the game runs at full speed (60fps) with cf1 and protect memory (plus no rc) in an athlon 700mhz!
who said project64 is not fast enough :angry:

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Dobutsu No Mori - how do you recreate that crash please?
Ogre Battle 64 - how serious are the black backgrounds?

in my opinion ogre battle is still playable despite these problems.
of course i haven't finished the game so i can't tell 100% that is playable till the end.
but my guess is that it is...

for dobutsu i wasn't able to crash it till now,and i guess it will be difficult to find that crash you're talking about (if it exists)
anyone else that has played a lot this game???

Last edited:

gubernator

With the black back grounds, the game can still be played. But it really kills it, once you played a few of the battles where the backgrounds are working, and realize how much better the battles are with the back grounds.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok thanks.

Can anyone post a native save for Zelda Master Quest, as close as possible to the end of the game? I want to test the reports of it crashing at the end. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can.

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Smiff said:
ok thanks.

Can anyone post a native save for Zelda Master Quest, as close as possible to the end of the game? I want to test the reports of it crashing at the end. Many thanks in advance to anyone who can.

Be happy to. The only problem, no matter how many times I save it through the boss battles, you start at the bottom of Ganon's Tower. The enemies are gone (save for bats in the first room), but you'll have to fight Ganondorf, two Skull dudes on the way down the tower, and Ganon.

BTW, nice to have you back. :)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
arg. ok lol. can i have a state aswell, right after the last thing you have to beat? if its too big for the forum, could you upload to smiffftp.dyndns.org port21 l/p user/pj64 thanks again

ShadowFX

Guardian
Smiff said:
arg. ok lol. can i have a state aswell, right after the last thing you have to beat? if its too big for the forum, could you upload to smiffftp.dyndns.org port21 l/p user/pj64 thanks again
I've posted a Save game in Master Quest for Project64 in the other merged thread about Zelda Master Quest, but I assume you already know this :)

Zenikase

Smiff, any possibility of an updated RDB with all these new entries? I've been browsing the forum for a while, but the amount of modifications is staggering. Maybe a WIP release is in the near future...

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Zenikase said:
Smiff, any possibility of an updated RDB with all these new entries? I've been browsing the forum for a while, but the amount of modifications is staggering. Maybe a WIP release is in the near future...

yeah im sorry about this, i will do a release soon, i just have to sort some stuff out first, also i want to release several files at once.