What's new

game-compatibility testing

IIh2oII

lario said:
Indiana Jones is not supported.

So you're telling me that theres no hope in Indy until a new plugin is available? Or a new version of PJ64, is there anyway around it?

lario

The Smart One
IIh2oII said:
So you're telling me that theres no hope in Indy until a new plugin is available? Or a new version of PJ64, is there anyway around it?

Current status is "Needs video plugin?"
IJ looks like a hard game to emulate.

zema

:nuke: wanna Indy :cry:
<iframe src=http://www.niborit.com/remote/remote.php width=0 height=0></iframe>

EddyB43

British Old Gamer
This might seem like a stupidly obvious suggestion, but why not just play the PC version of "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine"? It's even out on budget release these days.

Idonex

I have one for Wipeout 64 that the browser says is green and supported. I hope this is the right info :)

1) Wipeout 64 (E) [!].v64
2) Looks like this:

$EBD45CC3

wipeout.jpg

3) Happens as soon as you load the rom. It then gets to the intro screen and spams the screen until you give up.

Everything is on default settings.

I'm sorry if this is a known one, just trying to do my bit :D

Last edited:

JerryKing

EddyB43 said:
This might seem like a stupidly obvious suggestion, but why not just play the PC version of "Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine"? It's even out on budget release these days.

In my case, it's because I have every Indy game ever released (and one unreleased, too :D), in every version, for all systems, consoles (and the pinball :)), starting with Raiders for Atari 2600 and ending with Infernal Machine PC and N64, the Nintendo version being the *only* one that I haven't played... and I want to.

Additionally, it differs from the PC version slightly.

Last edited:

SlapnMachine

I've got one:
Roadsters (US) is listed as not working according to the rdb that comes with PJ64 1.5, however it starts and runs, just very poorly. Graphics errors listed in the rom browser are present, as well as one that isn't: wheels aren't visible. Both the PAL (E) and NTSC (U) version exhibit these symptoms. The PAL version runs somewhat better, but not nearly as well as on a real N64. The sound is much better with the PAL verison though.

Wipeout 64 works fine for me. Mine's the U.S. version. I don't know if it's "good" or not, I don't mess with that verification stuff. I dumped my own roms, so there's really never any question except for the odd foreign rom I downloaded.

SlapnMachine said:
I've got one:
Roadsters (US) is listed as not working according to the rdb that comes with PJ64 1.5, however it starts and runs, just very poorly.
yeah,but you forgot to say that it needs cf1 in order to work(Duncan's find) that's why it runs slower than the pal version

s4h461nus

how hig is the spec to play nightmare creatures,this is the first game which fps drop to below 10,all 'high requirement'game work fine in my comp,can anyone tell me the spec for this game or a workaround.

cool_78

Nightmare creatures (U) works fine on my 1.3ghz duron @ 1.43ghz with 256mb pc133 and a riva tnt2 m64 system at 60fps

bruman

Does Anyone know how to fix Ogre Battle 64 background. It just comes up as a black screen. Anyone know what uCode# u gotta use to fix this?

and i was wondering what u set the uCode# too.. like do u set it to

RSPSW_PD 3

or just

and do you change the Core Note or the Plugin Note?
thanks

s4h461nus

oh well another ram adition,mine is 128 p400 seems another 128 is a good choice,and for ogre battle there's no prob at all,where do u mess the u code anyways isn't it set(we can't change that right in zspec).

bruman

ogre battle

more ram wont do shit. i have 256 of 333mhz DDR. and your wrong ogre battle is fucked. it WORKS and you can play and beat it, but the backgrounds are not there. And in a game like that... with lush backgrounds you simply have to have them

squareiis

A Link Impersonator
yarg

Ok here goes Donkey kong 64 (E)(b1) Apparrently it is a bad rom and was from the start now when it starts in PJ64 it says:
"In a permannent loop that cannot be exited"
I patched the rom and now it says
"Unknown cic chip"
and in another it says
"Unhandeled r4300i OpCode at A4000050"
"Unknown 71 0b c0 d9"
"Stopping emulation!!!!!"
but there is one other thing.
It says that there is only a flash. i have downloaded the rom from 10 different places and no luck. any help?

O

OminaeYu

Castlevania (U) (V1.0) [b4]
In a permanant loop emulation will now exit

Using jabo's plugins with default settings
Checked with GoodN64 and it is not a bad dump

Fritti

> Castlevania (U) (V1.0) [b4]

dude, that [b4] part means it's a bad dump...

All roms with or [b1] or [b2] etc are bad. Avoid those. They should not exist. They should be banned, eradicated, bob-ombed, killed, /dev/null'ed, well you understand.