What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Amon_Knives

Film Student
TallgeeseIII said:
yeah, i do agree you guys are doing great, i love your work, but what was time consuming about that subscreen was the process of splitting up and saving the images, each of those menus is 15 individual images, 5 screens, 15 images, 75 images... no thanks, i'll stay with the version 1.0

Hey, if I was better with photoshop I'd do it for you, but since my expertise is limited, I'd probably just screw it up.

link1922

confusion

OK, so i got this 'skyeffects' plugin for photoshop, and I can create some high res skies with it, right? Well I tried replacing what I thought was the cloudy sky and it went hay wire! <attach> So if any of you geniuses out there can help explain to me how i should select which dumps to use and how to re-name them, I'd be more than thrilled!! :p

THE-LEGEND-OF-ZELDA-26.jpg

This image is an example of the sky filter. The angle, haze fog, cloud frequency, sun position and perspective can all be changed. With the proper dumps I can create a more accurate rendering then make it tessalate so it wraps around the sky seamlessly! But i need the dumps! :blush: :blush:

Untitled-1.png

V-King

Just a dude
That seems to me like a palette problem.
The resized texture must have the EXACT palette of the original texture.
In your case you tried to make a 24-Bit texture out of 8-Bit texture. That's why it's so messed up 'cause the palette is total messed up and stuff.
You have to save the palette first (I don't know how you do this in Photoshop since I use Paint shop Pro for retexturing) and then apply the saved palette to the new texture and save this texture and so'n'so and blabla.

Make a long story short: Save the old palette, apply it to the new texture, problem should be solved then ;)

link1922

no... i just double checked the palletes of the textures used for that ss, and theyre all 8-bit. Want me to attach the textures I used in that ss?

j234

I just tried this, all you have to do is scale the image 4x (to 128x128) then add an alpha channel (in thegimp use layer -> transparency -> add alpha channel) and make sure it is an _cibyrgba.png image.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
You should not use _ciByRGBA for sky textures. The sky textures need to change palette during the game.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Cybertronic said:
Heretic!!!! Hethen!!! how dare you use anything other than RICE!!!! :ranting:

Hey, don't diss the guy. No you cannot use any other plugin besides rice's, because only rice has the hires texture loader.

yoh_asakura

Oh my friends thanks but... I have some problems with the graphics T_T who can help me to configurate the rice video plugin 6.1.1 beta 10 in directx mode and open gl mode? PLZ HELP :bye3: T.T I am using a ATI RADEON 9200SE 128 MB with the lastes catalyst 5.3

THELEGENDOFZELDA-6.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-5.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-4.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-2.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-0.jpg

Last edited:

V-King

Just a dude
yoh_asakura said:
Oh my friends thanks but... I have some problems with the graphics T_T who can help me to configurate the rice video plugin 6.1.1 beta 10 in directx mode and open gl mode? PLZ HELP :bye3: T.T I am using a ATI RADEON 9200SE 128 MB with the lastes catalyst 5.3
Some graphic glitches are quite normal.
Zelda-OoT is one of the games which have problems in emulating correctly and stuff.
OK, some of your problems (like the yellow Link or those missing textures in the title screen) should normally be solved with the new graphics plugin (at least I have no problems besides the following).

This glitch in the menu, that Link doesn't show up, is pretty sure normal. I haven't been able to see Link just once in the menu. It ever messes up. At least on my emulator with my settings.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
acually, I think the yellow link is just a gameshark code. But why are we talking about this here? This is a retexture thread. :spam: