What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
The Hyrule map is already made :).

And sorry Tallgeese, but that doesn't look good at all. It looks like some plain filter applied on the old texture, with some edges sharpened.

However i do like the musical note

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
The Hyrule map is already made :).

And sorry Tallgeese, but that doesn't look good at all. It looks like some plain filter applied on the old texture, with some edges sharpened.

However i do like the musical note

It is? Is it in the next pack? If not, then it isn't loading on my comp.
I agree, I like the musical notes, but the background images remind me of a filter I once used on photoshop for my friend's band's cd cover. I have never used 3dmax, so I'm not sure, but it was a great attempt. At least now it's one step closer to being perfect.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Amon it's easy to know wether there's a texture in my pack, you go, check the folder, and see. :).

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Tallgeese, i've downloaded the pack, if you could only get the graining to look less agressive, and more stone like, and less like just a filter, i might consider adding this to the pack.

TallgeeseIII

in all honesty i don't care if it's in your pack or not, that was far too much work and i'm not redoing it, i like it, so it stays, anyone who doesn't like it, don't download it.

Shin_Gouki

@TallgeeseIII
your subscreen work is AWESOME!! i like it ^^ the grainy looks ok for me?
The buttons look also better then before!!!
Is it already in version 0.16 of this project here included?
Also you ALL are doing here a really GREAT Job!
wbr Shin Gouki

Last edited:

V-King

Just a dude
I too think that your Subscreen looks really great Tallgeese. :)

Federelli you really should put that in the pak, no matter if it looks "just like a filter" or not ;)
I think it looks stone like. Not a real stone, but Hyrule isn't a real world, is it? ;)

j234

I don't know why people are saying it looks too "grainy". I think it looks awesome, definetly worth putting in the main pack.

Well done Tallgeese! :party:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
It's true, people can download it if they want or they if they don't want to, they don't have to, but Fed is really the final word on additions to his pack, if it's not up to those standards to be added, than it should still be up for download from that particular person, you know, like customization.

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
yeah i agree with that. there shouldnt be a full on pack that as textures that the user doesnt want, just leave it the way it is.

rpg

Yes, I too agree that Fed makes the final choice. We absolutely have to have some kind of QA or this pack won't be up to the standards so many have previously set.

The work all of you have done on this is quite amazing. Some of these textures look so good that it makes me want to jump up and down. Let's keep up the good work and try and get this thing finished. The progress that has been made for only one month of work is superb.

That being said, TallgeeseIII, is there a way you could keep the same model in 3dSM, but also take the suggestions into account? Modeling in SM is very time consuming, so we don't want you to have wasted all of that. Maybe try a version 2.0 with a few minor texturing and gradient changes.

I sure wish the graphic artists and I here in the grad department could help, but alas, all we have is a room full of G5's. No Rice love for us ;(

gokuss4

Meh...
Amon_Knives said:
It's true, people can download it if they want or they if they don't want to, they don't have to, but Fed is really the final word on additions to his pack, if it's not up to those standards to be added, than it should still be up for download from that particular person, you know, like customization.

therefore, people should make their own hi-res texture threads.

bobablob

Just wanted to say great work everyone. The project you all are on is so exciting that I registered just to pay my compliments. KMan's in another world on some of these and I hope he keeps up the steam. TallgeeseIII, I think the subscreen is great. Fed, thanks for putting the time and effort into managing this project, as well as contributing to it; the effort is really appreciated.

TallgeeseIII

yeah, i do agree you guys are doing great, i love your work, but what was time consuming about that subscreen was the process of splitting up and saving the images, each of those menus is 15 individual images, 5 screens, 15 images, 75 images... no thanks, i'll stay with the version 1.0