What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Amon_Knives

Film Student
:eek: Ok, that's amazing...I haven't been working on anything recently, things are beginning to get complicating, and I'm only a beginner at photoshop while everyone else is using paintshop. Oh well, I'll keep trying.

EDIT #1: I found a fairly good website that has things that can be used for realistic textured environments...still, I prefer to take the pictures myself.
here it is

Last edited:

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Nice shield. I made this a few days ago myself. Hadn't done much since then because of the new plugin. Had to start over with my dumping. You can see that I didn't even get a chance to check it in game as those rivets aren't all lined up properly. I'll see what I can do about getting a pack out by the end of this week. I've got some at my work pc as well as my home one, so I need to put them all together. :S

Last edited:

TallgeeseIII

*blink*

... welp, i lose....

ah well, i did my best, here's what i got done for the quest status screen.

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
TallgeeseIII said:
*blink*

... welp, i lose....

ah well, i did my best, here's what i got done for the quest status screen.

Um...yeah...going 1v1 with KMan isn't a very smart thing to do. Still good try on the shield and excellent work on the medallions. KMan, AWSOME sheild, once its lined up it will look perfect. I've decided, unless I see something I really want to do in my dumps, I'm done with my work, I've already posted my water and grass textures, so that's enough from me for now. I'll just leave it to the people that are better at it like Fed and KMan and some of the others (TallgeeseIII, Kerber2k, and _pm_(from a differant game)). But if you ever need any png files worked on that you think I might be able to do, just email me. My Email
My hat's off to everybody on this project and it's great...um...founders. I'll still be on this thread, but I won't try anything unless requested. Keep it up guys!

Last edited:

optimus$prime

KMan said:
Nice shield. I made this a few days ago myself. Hadn't done much since then because of the new plugin. Had to start over with my dumping. You can see that I didn't even get a chance to check it in game as those rivets aren't all lined up properly. I'll see what I can do about getting a pack out by the end of this week. I've got some at my work pc as well as my home one, so I need to put them all together. :S

wow amazing!

don't stop working :happy:

Konami

um, why does it take ages to show the status screen and links body looks messed up (One the page with your sheild, tunics etc)

also when i change res to the 1024 one it has lines and stuff, but the 900 by something is ok..

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
TallgeeseIII, i must say i do like Kman's better, but that doesn't mean you should stop working on it. Perhaps weather it a bit more, and get the colors right, giving it a more cartoonish look. I do love those medallions and would love to include them on my pack. Also make the ones on the title screen and whichever other you may find. Great work

Kman, as usual, that's stunning :).

Amon_Knives, wanna give the main title screen a try? Like the Yes, End, Quit, Options, File 1, File 2, File 3 things. Notice that this style of beveling and texture is also used for dungeons to indicate Levels. Wanna try that?

neo64

Hi,

I'm new here and I'd like to contribute to this project, too.

Just a few things at first: I really LOVE the grass textures of the Kokiri Forest, thanks to the person who made it!
But: please DO NOT use Arial as the font for all the ingame texts! This font is just wrong. Try using "Zapf Humanist", this matches the original far better! Way closer!!
Download the attachement and put it into your Zelda-hires-folder to see for yourself!

Very good work, guys, keep it up!!!

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
One idea about the map. As indicated in previous posts, hq4x filter works great to enhance the maps. Someone could download the stand alone executable hq4x program, use it on the dumpped map textures to create a 4x enhanced new map. Some manual works could be done after this before finalize a map texture.

Hq4x program is available at http://www.hiend3d.com/hq4x.html

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
Amon_Knives, wanna give the main title screen a try? Like the Yes, End, Quit, Options, File 1, File 2, File 3 things. Notice that this style of beveling and texture is also used for dungeons to indicate Levels. Wanna try that?

Seems like something good to try. I had just figured you guys had already worked on it. I'll get on that and update you when I'm done.

TallgeeseIII

i agree federelli, kman's is amazing, in fact i think i will stop working on mine because i'm in love with his now. as for the medallion's, here they are.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Now, before I go any farther, I need someone to tell me what they think of these. I used an acual Zelda font, a lot differant from it's original, but I was just trying things out. I personally think I can do better, but I think you guys need to decide this.

Trizesta

for those of you experiencing the blue flames: go to the plugin settings and disable fog...now they should be normal! :-D

TallgeeseIII

uhm... changing the color of the flames at the expense of all the fog in the game... not a good trade off, i don't have the flames problem but if i did i certainly wouldn't want to do that.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Amon_Knives, could you post a non-compressed .jpg, or a .png?
That font is way to different, i'd kinda like you to use the one you think is closest to the original

Neo64, i'd give that font a try and see what i can do. I had to update all text textures anyway due to some weird white borders appearing.

TallgeeseIII, nice work on those medallions. Still do you think you can fix the borders? And i'd hate to ask, but are you making this from scratch? (please say yes) It does look like it's been resized and sharpened. If they are not from scratch, do you think you can give it a try?

TallgeeseIII

sorry federelli, the medallions weren't scratch, the shield was though, i got the medallions from the larger textures on the pedastals in the area where the sages talk to you when you meet them (blanked on the name of that place) but what do you mean "Still do you think you can fix the borders?" i don't know what borders you're talking about.

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
I've been going through the deku tree textures today, and got about 6 knocked out. For things like those medallions, making a nice hi-poly model and material could work really nice, and make it easy to do the other colors.