What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Martin

Administrator
For future reference, I won't be updating your links (all texture authors) in the texture threads in the future. It's easy to link to.

For example, if you have uploaded to httpdocs/zeldaoot/Federelli_Kman_Retexture_Pack_v0.16.rar. The web link for downloading it is therefore http://hires.emutalk.net/zeldaoot/Federelli_Kman_Retexture_Pack_v0.16.rar

I renamed your folder and file name so it's easier to link to. For instance, try to avoid spaces and strange characters. Instead of space in the filename use _

I updated your link in the first post, but like I said, please do that yourself for the next release. :)

ferbe

Federelli said:
Yo Martin, i need you to post the link to 0.16. It's been a while since it's been uploaded
lol Federelli, why don't you ask him for a pizza too? just kidding :p
btw, great work guys with your texture pack. keep up the good work! :happy:

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
I didn't know what the URL for my upload was, so i couldn't post any links :).

Thanks Martin :D.

Cybertronic

I love this texture project!!! To make it work for Masterquest, I didnt feel like renaming all the files to ZELDA MASTER QUEST, so I got this nifty program called rename it, it can do seek and replace renaming! :icecream:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/RenameIt.shtml

Also, Do anyone else have the same problem with the MQ rom as I do?

I downloaded from 3 differnt places, and each had the same error, For starters, in the equip item menu, Link dosent show up, he is a rainbow colored smear of noise (like a corruped image)

Also the Heart meter is screwed up! Instead of 3 hearts it only has 2, and when I take damage the 2nd one moves over to the place where the 3rd would be, also the hearts dont display in 4ths like they should when I take damage.... I heard there was a good dump and a bad dump.... I suposibly tried both, looked the same to me!

Hypothetically, if I saved a game from the bad dump, and then loaded it the good one, do you think the errors from the bad still show up?

***EDIT***

Odd, I got a copy of LoZooT 1.2 and it has the same problem....
So I narrowed it down to 2 problems.... Video/emulation settings, or My Gforce2 MX SUCK MAJOR ASS. I am willing to bet it is the 2nd one

Last edited:

Cybertronic

I am using the latest version 6.1.0c

I tried both 1964 and Project64, but it shouldnt make much difference, they had the same errors.

Also I am using OpenGL mode, it seems less buggy...
And IMO will be FAR SUPERIOR to any inferior micro$oft graphics rendering engine...

But I tried DirectX (9) anyway... the Heart bug got fixed and the arrows on the maps were displayed, BUT the equipment menu was still screwed.... Oh an all the texture rendering sucked... becuase it is DirectX....damn M$!

So now I am convinced that my Gforce2 just sucks ass...

Last edited:

sixtyfps

Smooth dev!

I've been following progress for a few days now, and finally felt motivated enough to check it out. My card is a bit on the $hit side of things, but can still pull off a totally playable experience with a few graphical glitches here and there (got the [new] textures working, but it sure slows my ass down, so screw 'em in-game for awhile :p ), my first n64 test since the first UltraHLE busted out. Cool!

Your progress/work is incredibly heartening!

That said, there are a couple of textures that could use a shred more attention:

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#5A51DA69#3#0_all.png - "Lost Woords"
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#330FFDFC#3#1_all.png - (circle is noticeably offset to the right of the arrow)

Keep going, KMan and Federelli!

Last edited:

TallgeeseIII

Cybertronic - Check the Primary Depth hack and Near Z Plane options under the Current Game Options tab. near z plane fixes the hearts problem, and primary depth hack supposedly fixes the coronas when you look at the sun (another glitch most people don't notice... i haven't gone and looked for myself though) as for the screwed up equipment screen, mines is the same way, nothing fixes it, rice's plugin even dumped the textures from that as being the garbled colors.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Well, I got my comp working again. First off, the title menu things are looking better (All I need to do is find some way to make the text look as if it's engraved into the metal...ooo, I'll ask the guy who taught me how to use this crazy thing called photoshop in the first place), but the treasure chest seems to look a bit off, as if its too light or...something, I can't quite put my finger on it. Here's a pic.
EDIT #1: Ohh, I just figured it out, the metal looks too blended with the wood and it looks too "new". Maybe if you aged it up a bit?

Last edited:

Cybertronic

TallgeeseIII said:
Cybertronic - Check the Primary Depth hack and Near Z Plane options under the Current Game Options tab. near z plane fixes the hearts problem, and primary depth hack supposedly fixes the coronas when you look at the sun (another glitch most people don't notice... i haven't gone and looked for myself though) as for the screwed up equipment screen, mines is the same way, nothing fixes it, rice's plugin even dumped the textures from that as being the garbled colors.

Thx, I can finally use the arrow in the map and see my health! :bouncy:
I can live with the Equipment problem, I guess it may be an emulation issue?

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
sixtyfps, it's made just like the original was, and Loost Woods is fixed now thanks ;).

I hate the chest i made, this is my queue, so that KMan drops in with an amazing chest texture :).

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
I hate the chest i made, this is my queue, so that KMan drops in with an amazing chest texture :).

Never hate anything you do, just strive to make it better.

whoa...I need to write that one down.

neo64

Does anyone know how the sky-thing works? I know that the sky is puzzled together out of lots of small pieces... but I can't figure out how to put the pieces together manually. I've found 48 pieces and put most of them together in the right way, but I think there have to be missing some pieces...

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
neo64 said:
Does anyone know how the sky-thing works? I know that the sky is puzzled together out of lots of small pieces... but I can't figure out how to put the pieces together manually. I've found 48 pieces and put most of them together in the right way, but I think there have to be missing some pieces...

The pieces are meant to be seperate, so just save them seperately as they are dumped.

Technically, the reason is that the N64 hardware can only support up to a certain texture size (probably 64 pixels in length or width). Since you cannot save a very detailed background image in 64x64 pixels, they instead cut the detailed one up in pieces, and apply it on a checkerboard background plane, one texture for each "square".

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
To map the sky correctly you need to model a cube, and then map the sky textures to it.

Kman can certainly explain it better since he's experienced in sky texturing.

TallgeeseIII

the oot sky is slightly different, it's a cube with no bottom, also each side is made up of 4x4 (or 5x5, i don't remember) squares

pilm

Well, Djipi, about your french Letters... Am I stupid or did you pack the wrong folder ? Check your zip...

Amon_Knives

Film Student
TallgeeseIII said:
the oot sky is slightly different, it's a cube with no bottom, also each side is made up of 4x4 (or 5x5, i don't remember) squares

I'd say, once someone starts working on the sky textures, it would most likely be the biggest and hardest part of this project.(Then again, I may be doubting KMan's abilities.)