What's new

Emu64 HiP Thread

Boromir3434

Nice work Neto (1.4). Hey, I use the same controller setting for corn (exept for the C buttons, I use Home, End, Page Down, and Delete).

Last edited:
OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Shots from upcoming version

Just some shots from upcoming v1.5

1964 without Emu64 HiP:

1964_noemu64hip.jpg

1964 with Emu64 HiP:

1964_emu64hip.jpg

Almost 35% speed increase!! :)

Boromir3434

I can't wait for 1.5 to come out. BTW, in those pics are you useing Win 2000 Pro? If you are then how did you get it to look like Win XP?

Plisco

Sevillian
/me opens his eyes and scratches his head

Have to read through this thread. I have no idea what Emu64 HiP is or does :plain:

Edit: I see, looks like your doing something useful NeTo as someone said earlier many people with low specs will find it very useful. Just downloading it now :D

Last edited:
OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Boromir3434 said:
BTW, in those pics are you useing Win 2000 Pro? If you are then how did you get it to look like Win XP?

Nope. I'm using Windows XP + Windowblinds. But it (windowblinds) should work on win 2000 also, to make it look like XP.

Last edited:
OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
mightyrocket said:
These shots were token on a PII with 350 mhz. And a final addition (sorry I couldn't resist :blush: ):

wow! Emu64 HiP works even better that what I expected. :holiday:

Then I think its time to release... (NeTo looks in his PC trying to remember where did he saved the new version....)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
New Version!!!!!!

NeTo's Emu64 HiP 1.5 is out!!!

Read the first post of this thread (first page) to see what's new. In really short words, run your emulators even faster, with more options.

Thanx to straight, alexa999 and mightyrocket for their great help testing out betas.

PD: If you don't know what this utility does, look for the screenshots in this thread. Hope they are more clear than my bad english :doh:.

PD2: I need feedback about how does the automatic feature is working, in order to improve it in next realeases.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Why don't you make this a general purpse utility that can speed up anything, asides from an n64 emulation booster, surely it can be done... :p

Sayargh said:
Why don't you make this a general purpse utility that can speed up anything, asides from an n64 emulation booster, surely it can be done... :p
Yes, I had the same thing in my mind. It might help a lot, especially with encoding and rendering videos.

mesman00

What's that...?
yah, for some reason when encoding video my computer always hard freezes and there is no way to break it unless i restart. anyone know why? could it be a problem with mhy power supply. i think it is 300 watts.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
mightyrocket said:
Just a little typo, but it's worth mentioning it:

Ooooops.... Released a new version that has the name written correctly.

Sayargh said:

Yep. I will add that to next version. It might work well with video encoding.

Last edited:

Stupidity_Emu

Ok, I just tried it with Nemu and 1964 and I got zero speed increase. I only get 50fps on diddy Kong racing with and without the HiP on 1964.

schibo

Emulator Developer
NTSC games run at 60 VI/s
PAL games run at 50 VI/s.

What is the country code of your game?

Stupidity_Emu

The game is U (ntsc) and I get 60fps on Nemu. I think the problem with this game is the audio. If I enable sync game to audio with Azimar's .40 beta 2 the audio percentage ranges from 75-90% usage. Aren't HLE plugins supposed to be faster? I tried this game with PJ64 even with Jabo's directsound (LLE) and sync game to audio and surprising get 60fps.