What's new

Emu64 HiP Thread

Allnatural

lilvat said:
Allnatural

It's is a shareware Program and i also got the serial number
and user name to it. so it can be fully registered
That's what I thought. Warez is not allowed here, so you're gone.

Well, I don't recommend SpeederXP at all. It really makes everything "faster". Too fast for words. It skips CPU-instructions and that will make everything too fast.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
First: NeTo's HiP is no fake...it works for me at least...it doesn't move mountains but with my system every frame is worth it's weigh in gold ;)
Second: What you just introduced here, lilvat, seems to be a general "speed-up-your-system-tool"...I had thousands of those...and I wasn't too happy with them...
Furthermore, you do illegal stuff by presenting a program + SERIAL

Oh...I just see, he's been banned...right that way... :)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
He's using win98 (check his profile).

Ooops, didn't look there. It seems there is a poblem with some Win98 users... lilvat was using win98 also. Seems i got work for the weekend...

Uhm,mightyrocket, do you use win98, right?

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
This is Amazing!

NeTo! Your Program is simply amazing! I Could get full speed at Pkmn Stadium 2(Biiig!) and in F-1 Pole Position! It's Very good!
Well, the only problem, is that in Extreme mode, it locks the mouse & keyboard, but, i think it's ok, since the other modes are enough..
Anything i can help, just talk to me..

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
NeTo! Your Program is simply amazing! I Could get full speed at Pkmn Stadium 2(Biiig!) and in F-1 Pole Position! It's Very good!

Seems my utility wasn't a fake at all :baaa:... I'll figure out sooner or later what is working wrong with some Win98 users.

Well, the only problem, is that in Extreme mode, it locks the mouse & keyboard, but, i think it's ok, since the other modes are enough..

Yep, there's nothing that can be done about that (that's why the xtreme setting is for testing porpouses only...). At least it doesn't seems to hang the gamepad (i tried out with NRage's plugin).

Anything i can help, just talk to me..

Ok thanx for the support. I'll keep informed about anything when I've got something done. :down:

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
NeTo said:
Seems my utility wasn't a fake at all :baaa:... I'll figure out sooner or later what is working wrong with some Win98 users.
Well, i'm not programmer, but, i think there's one thing that may cause problems in Win98.. WinXP it's a NT-Based OS, and that way, we can make it priorize a program, even HiP don't use this way.. But Win98 is a OS originally Unstable, and 'cause that it's harder to control something.. Well that's what i think.. but no proofs i think :blink:

Well, I'm a beta tester, and I tested a few betas, and I've seen there actually is a speed-boost on win98, but it's doesn't seem to be as big as on win XP. I think that Neto has to create a dual-boot (win98 AND XP) on his computer, and see if he could make it better for 98.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I think that Neto has to create a dual-boot (win98 AND XP) on his computer, and see if he could make it better for 98.

Why I didn't thought that?. :doh: I think I will see if i can get a win98 copy (i have winme, but it won't do, Emu64 HiP should work there as well as it does on xp) Can anyone borrow me a win98 cd? :)

Hey NeTo! I'm back! Ready to beta test, just PM me.

Good to have you back. Moderators were missing you... :)

Sorry, there is no private nor public beta avaible yet. I'm planning on redisigning the interface and changuing a bit (a big bit) the way the program works (now that i now how to handle threaded apps nicely :) ). There are several other things requiered. Wow, i simply don't know were to start.

Maybe i should do one at a time. What do you think? What would you want to see working first? Here is a list of options... (i can add others):

1. Add support for any application, even if it isn't an n64 emulator. You could select teorically any application in your pc, and it would speed up.

2. Try to fix that win98 issue. Or tell all those who have problems to upgrade to winme or winxp :doh:

3. Add somewhat of a debugger or logger?? That way user that have problems can send me a txt file that would hopefully be of help

4. Handle the emulators threads individually. That would allow to focus on a specific thing to speed up (sound, video or audio), and/or enhance stability. Speed may increase also.

5. Learn C++ and port the app (since it is in vb6). That would speed up things a little. Nah, too hard.

Well that's all i can think up now. They are ordered from the easiest to implement to the hardest.

I'm open to any kind of suggestions (ie the name is horrible, what teh heck is that icon, add this, add that, etc. etc.)

Ok sorry for the long post, but i need to order my ideas a little.

Last edited:

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
NeTo said:
(...)What do you think? What would you want to see working first?(...)
I think the three first itens are good.. in the order that they are.. All those are good ideas.. U should think on them first.. But, well, just an opinion :whistling
And... the name is not horrible and the icon is fine :D
That's it.. Bye..

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Ok thanx for the feedback. At least the first three shouldn't take long for implement...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
why not try making a sound plugin instead, that seems to be the main cause of slowdown, for example say i was a slow user, disabling sound would give me full speed, weird eh?

plus the sheer lack of sound plugins available with only one person on earth known to be working on one :p

that would be of far more a benifit to the emulation scene than this app, imo.

I don't actually get any speed increase from this app but its a nice idea all the same :D

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
why not try making a sound plugin instead, that seems to be the main cause of slowdown, for example say i was a slow user, disabling sound would give me full speed, weird eh?

plus the sheer lack of sound plugins available with only one person on earth known to be working on one :p

that would be of far more a benifit to the emulation scene than this app, imo.

That isn't such a bad idea... But i need to learn C first. Maybe in summer vacations (january here) i could give it a shot to it, seems interesting...

But I think Azimer's plugin are actually very fast... and as a sidenote if you could disable video too you could get lightspeeds in your n64 games. :doh:

hey NeTo, have you found out what is happening with windows 98 users and will you be able to fix it?

Not yet. I couldn't get a copy of win98 to test with...

So I decided to rewrite the whole program from scratch this week, in a more organized way and using a totally different approach. I expect the new "engine" i'm working on to be more compatible with older versions of windows (have some tried it in windows 95?)

I would also like to know what specific version of windows 98 (normal or SE or ...¿?) does the users with and without problems have. Maybe the problem lies there?