What's new

Emu64 HiP Thread

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
ok, thanx for the quick response. Maybe the problem is really there....

Now i need feedback from someone with Win98 SE, anyone?

straight

NeTo said:
ok, thanx for the quick response. Maybe the problem is really there....

Now i need feedback from someone with Win98 SE, anyone?

I'm using Win98SE, and I get a big speed boost (my processor is probably in the "sweet spot" for this sort of thing, it's just barely too slow for a lot of games). I don't know if it's as big as the boost you get in WinXP.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I'm using Win98SE, and I get a big speed boost (my processor is probably in the "sweet spot" for this sort of thing, it's just barely too slow for a lot of games). I don't know if it's as big as the boost you get in WinXP.

I think that the boost depends more on the CPU than on the OS. Except for the normal win98 it seems, where the boost is none. :(

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
roMAN#1 , if you happen to read this post please contact me asap.

And, well anyone that has problems with the current version of emu64 hip please contact me also...

PS: If any moderator can change this thread's name to "NeTo's Emu64 HiP Thread" i would be very thankful. Looking twice at the current name, it sounds kinda like :spam:

Last edited:

roMAN#1

hey NeTo i got your file but their is still no way of using it because i get this error

Fatal Error. Contact NeTo giving out detailed information about this message

Details: couldn't set priority class to priority 32768

Error Code: 0

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
thanx for the feedback. Then that should be the problem, if it just that i'll fix it in no time.

Solidus777

Guy Who Does Stuff
I tested this with my computer... ran a couple games with it.

Banjo 1/2: No difference in speed.

Perfect Dark: Slight increase

Goldeneye: GREAT increase.

straight

NeTo,

Late response to your question, but the #1 feature I'd like to see is ability to use HiP with other emulators (or even PC games). I'd love to get MAME and VisualBoy Advance running a little faster.

Thanks again for your work on this great program.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
NeTo,

Late response to your question, but the #1 feature I'd like to see is ability to use HiP with other emulators (or even PC games). I'd love to get MAME and VisualBoy Advance running a little faster.

Thanks again for your work on this great program.

Ok, expect something sometime soon. I think i delayed that featue too long already...

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
wow, i never though this thread exists, i'll try this stuff after i got home today hehe :) glad to be back to emu world :p

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Say neto, think you can try to make vba work faster under xp? This is something I need and I'd appreciate if you could try to make it work!

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
oh, u're rite, i get 0 improvements :(
hope u can support XP later on NeTo :p
(but i think NeTo work it on WinXP ?? or my mistake? :/ )

Zilla

夢を見られた
Plisco said:
/me opens his eyes and scratches his head

Have to read through this thread. I have no idea what Emu64 HiP is or does :plain:

If you're still wondering, look up 'process +thread priority' on MS technet. The concepts are fairly simple really.

Brilliant Idea and implementation NeTo! Do you know any c++/C#? Then you could dump all the VB runtime crap by porting it. :geek:

Another idea might be to look at Zilmar's spec, perhaps you could create some sort of 'wrapper' for the input plugins, negating the need for your progam to be run outside of the Emu. :matrix:

Last edited: