What's new

Emu64 HiP Thread

CanSee

Depressive freak
Personally, I didn't get any improvements :( althought I was looking forward for such a tool, though I only tested Majora's Mask and F-Zero X, and really no improvements...

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Lizard Blade said:
Thats pretty sweet. I don't need it to get to any functional speeds, as most everything runs at 60 fps for me, but it sure is fun to run that and turn off the frame limiter. 1200 fps Mario 64!!

1200? Wow!

Lizard Blade said:
Corn would be fun, just for the hell of it. Get like 3000 fps Mario 64.

I will add Corn support on the next release, but i don't see it useful (3000 fps in Mario, it would be fun to try to play it hat way) :plain:

Maybe i will add UltraHle 2064 too, any other emu i'm missing?

CanSee said:
Personally, I didn't get any improvements :( althought I was looking forward for such a tool, though I only tested Majora's Mask and F-Zero X, and really no improvements...

Uhm. Maybe it's cos of your CPU. Have you tried unchecking the 'Smart Checks' option? That would force to use most of the CPU as possible.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Screenshots request

Hey can anybody send some screenshots of the emus with the program running (i don't know, that shows the speed increase, that 1200 fps mario would be nice:) ) , so can add some shots to the website

i'm too lazy to do them, and I seem to have quite a work to do for the next release.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
New Version

Lizard Blade said:
You might also want to add PJ64k compatablity
alexa999 said:
It dosent support Corn!:plain:

Wait no more! I have just released a New Version! Read the first post for more info

Ah! For mightyrocket: Try this new version to see if it fixed Perfect Dark, try out diferent presets. If it doesn't, tell me to find another solution

Last edited:
V 1.4 is working good.

A little bug report:

- (1964) Still won't go back from full screen to windowed, and it won't close the emulator correctly (this time ctrl+alt+delete is working, so you can get back in windows this time).

No other bugs found (Perfect dark is working excellent again).

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
this utitily would be great for netplay I suppose... maybe it'll help speed netplay games? (of course thats if all users are using it)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
jvolel said:
this utitily would be great for netplay I suppose... maybe it'll help speed netplay games? (of course thats if all users are using it)

I think only in the case Lizard Blade mentions, but not sure. Or maybe slowing a bit other programs that use net connections in the background may improve bandwith connections, if that what you refer to. If that's the case, only testing the current version would be the way to know.

If the current version does improve banwith connections (even if a little bit), be sure to inform me, to see if can be somehow enhanced (but i keep esceptical)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
ra5555 said:
Yo great work NeTo, many people with below average specs should find this helpful. :)

Gee thanx! I'll sure to keep the good working in this util then.

Ah! for mightyrocket: i'll try send you during the week a beta version to see what's wrong. I have tried 1964 over and over, and have no problems switching to fullscreen back to a window (instead I have problems if want again go to fullscreen, i have to press alt+enter thrice).
Good PerfectDark got fixed!, i didn't even have the rom :)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
NeTo said:
I think only in the case Lizard Blade mentions, but not sure. Or maybe slowing a bit other programs that use net connections in the background may improve bandwith connections, if that what you refer to. If that's the case, only testing the current version would be the way to know.

If the current version does improve banwith connections (even if a little bit), be sure to inform me, to see if can be somehow enhanced (but i keep esceptical)

well actually I meant for frames per second (not sure on this of course) I just figured it would help the client's fps..... or something

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
jvolel said:
well actually I meant for frames per second (not sure on this of course) I just figured it would help the client's fps..... or something

Ahh, the program should help in that case then.

Last edited:

zorbid

Some questions :)

How does HiP detects that an app is a N64 emulator?

It could be interresting if you could make this soft more generic, letting the user add and remove programs to be affected by HiP...

How would HiP manage multithreaded apps?

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
zorbid said:
Some questions :)

How does HiP detects that an app is a N64 emulator?

It could be interresting if you could make this soft more generic, letting the user add and remove programs to be affected by HiP...

How would HiP manage multithreaded apps?

HiP detects them by the window name. About the generic thing, i have also tough on that, maybe i'll add it when i get done with some features i'm adding to the next version.

About the multithreaded apps, actually i haven't found a good way to work with each thread, so by now the program works with the whole process only.

alexa999

Banned
Corn has two EXE files to chose from (CornL & CornH.) Does Emu64 HiP speed up both? If it dosent, mabye you should put in a pull down menu for Corn to select CornH or CornL.:)

alexa999

Banned
Emu64 HiP just totally messed up corn. On Mario 64 when I start the game mario moves in all different directions, and i havent even touched the keyboard yet. Please help!!!:cry:

Last edited:

alexa999

Banned
alexa999 said:
Emu64 HiP just totally messed up corn. On Mario 64 when I start the game mario moves in all different directions, and i havent even touched the keyboard yet. Please help!!!:cry:

I think it is slowing down the controller response and adding its own controls. I think that because when I start it it goes by itself, and if I try to press anything, whatever I pressed happens later.:plain: :cry:

P.S. Corn works fine without Emu64 HiP.:)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
alexa999 said:
I think it is slowing down the controller response and adding its own controls. I think that because when I start it it goes by itself, and if I try to press anything, whatever I pressed happens later.:plain: :cry:

P.S. Corn works fine without Emu64 HiP.:)

Uhm I will work on that then. It's funny it happens with corn only :huh:. Have you tried changuing the Emu64 HiP options (setting some options on off, changuing presets etc.)? If some settings different to the deafults works for you, tell me to add them to next version. In anycase i'll see what i can do (I may take some time since i can't run corn on my pc).