What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Djipi's Cel Zelda Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shurikanie

Wow, those are just amazing! I love the bosses, especially Volvaga, well done! The torch looks excellent also.

piccolo17486

Looks awesome... !!!
just one thing.. the torch.. cant you make it look more like windwaker (theflame) it still looks like the oot one. sure it cant look exactly like the ww one but maybe it cann look almost like it..
how many textures are the flame, if its just one scrolling than its impossible but if not maybe its worth a try

ragnor

What I really like about this project is taht it's cell-shading, not cartooning. Things have sort of a gritty graphic novel feeling, rather than a Disney feel. What I mean is that it's cell-shaded, but still has an OoT feeling to it, which is really awesome. It's its own very distinct thing.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
i am totally agree with you. Cell Shading is , for me' a way to render a game same dysney's movies. Cartoon is flashy colors , not really details.

I said i would like to make a cell shade zelda , not a cartoon zelda.

I only hope you , all , like my experience

Im Bored

lol@censors
no its not. And technically itll never be cel shaded, really?

Djipi, this is lovely work : ) I LOVE the style, its working really well for you.

jdsony

Why doesn't someone redo all the OOT textures with single colour textures. It seems to be what a lot of people want :p

I like the look it's getting. I wouldn't add any less detail, might as well not have any textures at all then. If Orkin releases his plugin that outlines everything then it will truely have a cel-shaded look.

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
The question is, how cartoony is cartoony. The answer is different for everyone, but I think it will look alot different with cel-shaded lighting.

h3h3

I have to agree as I think the stones of the castle(and the passage way before it) look too washed out and the last flame is not really much wwish

in other aspects I really like ur work :D great job and I hope u'll keep it up!!!!

imo "cel shading" inherently is supposed to look flat only

concering details one needs to find the golden mean
u know what I mean?overall it should look real flat but on the other hand not too boring
quite a hard-to-do job

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
i have seen your work since this project started, and i have to say, you´r getting better and better. you still impress me, and you have turned video games to something special. keep up the good work Djipi!! :bouncy:

Status
Not open for further replies.