What's new

chankast alpha 0.2

Talas

Son of the Sky
Whew! A new release that fast? Now thats really great guys. Thank you and best wishes for the next release. ;)

mar_cin

yeah !! :) i cant wait .. what should i say ... :) i`m impressed - i cant donate your great work becouse i live in pl (i like this country but its sucks a little sometimes ;/ )
btw,sry 4 my bad english.

M

MegaManXGC

Hell ya man. Thats Tight Chanka is a very great emulator. I mean I waz even amazed when that spiral actually came up when I clicked "Init". This emulater, as I said before will only get better and better as time goes on. I waz saving my money to get a new 2.8Gig Processor (p4). But seing how the makers of chankast are developing the emulater so quickly I have decided to save even more and donate it to them. And CHANKA RULES!!!!

Uffebuffe

Great news!!!

This really is great news!! I haven't been this excited about an emulator since the shocking release of UltraHLE. Keep up the good work guys! :bouncy:

Qubeley

This is just amazing, as I thought we will not see another release until the end of the month. Great job indeed!

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Hell yes, i love you chanka team :D I think this is the fastest progressing emu ive seen. And they inform the community so much.

Good luck guys!

ThunderGod65

well, i hope this version can solved the io control error(what is it anyway?) Can't wait to play Project Justice :) good..no GREAT JOBS

achiles

ThunderGod65 said:
well, i hope this version can solved the io control error(what is it anyway?) Can't wait to play Project Justice :) good..no GREAT JOBS

haha sweet, And they said good things come to those who wait, aint that right. :0 :bouncy:

The emulator gets a new team member, and we get a new release,

jdsony

Well other than the fact that this emulator works so well in it's first release I really like it because it's simplicity. EPSXE is the Linux of emulators (for people with lots of time on there hands). There are WAY too many things to configure and having to change settings constantly becomes a huge pain as well as restarting the emulator for setting changes (VGS was nice and simple even though the games looked like a grainy mess like the real system). N64 emulation is one step simpler. Lot's of games require different plugins to operate nicely but there's much less tweaking required.

I'm sure Chanka will pick up more configuration options along the way but hopefully they stick with what they are doing and have everything integrated and "Plug and Play".

gcnfan

Damn. I was never excited about Dreamcast emulation until now. I've played Nebula Model 2 on my comp. and it kicks ass. :p It's cool as hell to hear another, a hell of a better version of Chankast is coming out this weekend. You friggin' rule, Chankast team! :)

Oh, and the only thing I have to say about one console that does suck even after being dead for so long, and yet today, it can't even play a game yet in emulation is the Sega Saturn. :angry:

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
jdsony said:
EPSXE is the Linux of emulators (for people with lots of time on there hands). There are WAY too many things to configure and having to change settings constantly becomes a huge pain as well as restarting the emulator for setting changes (VGS was nice and simple even though the games looked like a grainy mess like the real system). N64 emulation is one step simpler. Lot's of games require different plugins to operate nicely but there's much less tweaking required.

I sorta like the configurability of Epsxe rather than other configuration simplized emulators. There are of course loading front-ends that enable you to save configurations of your games and have them run with 1 click. Now if someone could just make something like that for N64 emus and plugins. I find psx games on epsxe require less configuring than N64 games on N64 plugin based emulators.

But anyways, Chankast is excellent. I'd be happy with just fixing the random crashes and having a more responsive gamepad emulation. The rest is just icing on the cake. ;)

Now I just need to have a Saturn Emulator counterpart to Chankast. :D