What's new

chankast alpha 0.2

SANiK

I hope they used some of the new_gfx core because that's the only one that ran on my PC with a few glitches. (In SA2, faces got in the way)
On the regular version, the faces were appearing/dissappearing creating a flickering illusion of wireframe.

By weekend, is it Saturday or Sunday?
Please, PLEASE say Saturday because I have finals on Monday and I wish for a whole 2 days to enjoy Chanka :icecream:

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
mezkal said:
Sure some PSX games look great via emulation and decent plugins (Chrono Chross comes to mind with Pete's OpenGL plugin) but the plugins themselves are doing most of the work, not the emulator. Therefore u need a variety of plugins to run different games on PSX-Pro/E based emus. The compatibility lists at ngemu and other such sites discuss this quite clearly.

Mezkal

Yup and so does the n64 emus as a matter of fact the n64 emus rely even more heavily on the plugins. If you have to manually switch between a dozen different renderers/boot codes/ ect then the emulator isn't as good as a emulator in which to load up the cart, press play and it runs. Fit and finish is 95% of a good emulator. Yes the playstation emulators use multiple plugins, but all I know is I can take any random psx disc and boot it into epsxe and it'll at least be playable. And that's without adjusting anything. You simply can't do that with n64 emus.

Before I finish off this argument let me make something very clear.

The epsxe developers are not more talented than the n64 emu developers.

The playstation isn't better than the n64. As a matter of fact in my personal opinion, the playstation and the playstation 2 are two of the worst things ever to happen to the gaming industry. But that's another story.

My point is I really hate admitting that the playstation emulators are more complete and useable, especially when I'd much rather be playing my favorite n64 backup than some pos sony shovelware title. Unfortunately that isn't the case. I've retired all of my classic consoles in leu of emulation at this point, but I still have to keep my n64 around. That in itself should be proof enough.

Btw, somebody who starts a reply with "WTF are you talking about?" Generally is a little upset and didn't understand "WTF" the original poster's point was in the first place. Don't get angry man I'm just tellin ya like it is. Besides this has gotten way off topic.... I don't know why I'm compelled to keep explaing my view when you aren't willing to hear it.

Sorry for the trouble everyone,

HAC

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
hmmmm. This thread is not for that! So lets get back to the topic. I am foaming at the mouth that in under 48 hours I will be playing Chankast 0.2! Very excited.
Good to see Elsemi on the team! Does that mean his work with Model 2 is done. I am a big follower of Segas Arcade Boards and hope its not

Grant

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
GeniusJennis said:
Yay, New release and incredibly fast.

The autors of the emu rock!!!
Full screen, anyone

Greetz: Genius

Yes they do. :)

Until the next release try my wrapper.

http://www.oscarcontrols.com/lazarus/

It's on the wrappers page on the links to the right. It is designed for the user that has a "mame" cab in mind as this is the only way to play cps3 titles at this point.

It does a "fake" fullscreen pretty well via various windows api calls. I didn't make an official post on this forum because it didn't look like anyone was interested. ;)

p.s. It doesn't work on that hacked "chankast utilites" exe floating around.

achiles

Grant64 said:
hmmmm. This thread is not for that! So lets get back to the topic. I am foaming at the mouth that in under 48 hours I will be playing Chankast 0.2! Very excited.
Good to see Elsemi on the team! Does that mean his work with Model 2 is done. I am a big follower of Segas Arcade Boards and hope its not

Grant

More than likely and this is just speculation he will be working on the arcade equivalent of the dreamcast which it is..... (drum roll) NAOMI.

Does not mean he wont be helping chankast au contraire, by helping naomi he will help chanka :)
:bouncy:

Seeing that he can get his hands on some sega boards by himself or thru someone that is. He has done it before (model 2).

I really hope f355 gets mmu support (hopes to play with pc force steering wheel), but at this point seeing how good the emu is going, I'll take anything they give me :). (suck up kiss....smoosh) lol.

Last edited:

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
gcnfan said:
Oh, and the only thing I have to say about one console that does suck even after being dead for so long, and yet today, it can't even play a game yet in emulation is the Sega Saturn. :angry:
You must be using all the wrong emulators. I can run at least a dozen of my own games combining the compatibility of SSF, Satourne, and GiriGiri, and that's only what I've bothered to try.

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
Trotterwatch said:
Darkfalz has just earned himself a ban... no need to talk to someone like that with no provocation.

Edit:

Let's keep this all on topic - if someone makes a rom/iso request, then by all means call them idiots and then call a mod to ban them. Do not attack someone on the supposition that they must be using illegal copies. If you do have issues with it, at least voice them in a manner befitting of being an adult.

Back on topic, next poster please ;)

hail to the moderator baby :party: , dunt like smartass retards :devil:

gcnfan

I just need to know one thing. If Chankast ever does become fully optimized (if it ever will be), does that mean it won't require a powerful rig to run it perfectly (aka 2 GHZ, Athlon XP/Pentium 3 or 4 won't be the requirements if Chankast becomes fully optimized)?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Well, it depends. I'm certain it will get faster in the future, but with the addition of more emulation functions, accuracy may take over speed a bit. I'm sure that once fully optimized it'll be much faster than it is now, even with more accurate emulation.

Stezo2k

S-2K
gcnfan said:
I just need to know one thing. If Chankast ever does become fully optimized (if it ever will be), does that mean it won't require a powerful rig to run it perfectly (aka 2 GHZ, Athlon XP/Pentium 3 or 4 won't be the requirements if Chankast becomes fully optimized)?

I wouldn't build your hopes up mate, sorry, the emulator is not that demanding by today's standards. But if it does become more optimized over time, i wouldn't build my hopes up for emulating a dc at a decent speed if your CPU is less than 1.5GHz (1500+)

`Vagabond`

How important is the CPU? My rig has a pretty weak GeForce 2 but a 1.8GHz P4

All that I really want to run, honestly, is Chu Chu rocket, Sega Swirl and perhaps Metropolis Street Racer and Jojo's Venture. The first 2 games are very important to me. I'd love a Xbox port that only had those two games, as they're all I really need, but i'll make due playing on PC.

Stezo2k

S-2K
`Vagabond` said:
How important is the CPU? My rig has a pretty weak GeForce 2 but a 1.8GHz P4

All that I really want to run, honestly, is Chu Chu rocket, Sega Swirl and perhaps Metropolis Street Racer and Jojo's Venture. The first 2 games are very important to me. I'd love a Xbox port that only had those two games, as they're all I really need, but i'll make due playing on PC.

well your rig isn't that bad for chankast to be honest, a little under spec for the CPU speed, but it should be ok for playability (next version has a few speed ups) the CPU is important in this emulator, if you feel emulation is a little slow, i'm sure you can get a decent CPU upgrade for £50

penguinsfan

I think this emulator is extremely fast as i can run the BIOS IN 30 FPS with my 1 ghz p3 and geforce fx 5200. Havent had a chance to try a game yet but i hope it keeps the speed up.

gcnfan

Well, my rig is a AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (aka 1.6 GHZ), with an ATI Radeon 9600SE. And so far, all the games I have tried out, I get the same results with other people or different than that. But mainly, I get the same results. As in: SA2 crashing after 1st level, etc.

The only thing I was hoping that if Chankast ever does become fully optimized, the requirements will go down a bit, and so I hope that a 2 GHZ won't be the required clock speed. Oh, well. At least mine's is running ok. :( At least I can run my bios at a good and stable 60 FPS. :)

M

MegaManXGC

So Chanka needs more of a faster cpu rather than a good graphics card?

Stezo2k

S-2K
MegaManXGC said:
So Chanka needs more of a faster cpu rather than a good graphics card?

yes, exactly, but the emulator requires a decent gpu though, running it with integrated graphics won't help at all