What's new

chankast alpha 0.2

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I am actually really excited about this project! Its bit like PJ64 where info is released pretty much everyday about new releases. Which makes the scene more active. Unlike emus where there is no info until the emu is releasedW! and comes from nowhere. Obviously its the authors choice. But very impressed with the way the Emu authors have handled Chankast.
Still hoping to donate at the end of this month, itt will not be much but every little helps

Grant64

emu4ever

You are The Best Guys, :bouncy: :icecream:

I hope there will be "Run Iso" option, Then You will not need deamon tools :happy:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Hexidecimal said:
Why is it more fun to play my DC games on my pc as opposed to my actual DC? i have no frigging clue, but awesome news guys.

possibly because we never expected dc emulation to be this near, we did expect an icarus release about a year ago, and this emu just comes out of the blue, being pretty damn compatible with commercial games, it's exciting to test games with it and experience a complex next gen emulator at its best :)

as for the news, wow, even speed improvements :D just what i didn't expect, should work well on my 2400+ :)

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
mezkal said:
Actually I'd say its the best emu since Project 64....but that's just one man's opinion :)

I think these types of comparisons are more insulting than anything. I mean no disrespect to the developers of n64 emus, but the n64 has been dead for several years, emulated for quite a few and still no single n64 emulator is capable of running more than about 30% of the games. Long story short, n64 emulators are unstable and have lousy compatability. I think it has to do with the mentality on that scene that if a game doesn't work properly, make a custom renderer for it. Imo this is the wrong way to go as the core of the emulator must have errors as well, else it wouldn't need a custom renderer.

How about the best emulator since epsxe, at least that one works well. ;)

Trotterwatch

but the n64 has been dead for several years, emulated for quite a few and still no single n64 emulator is capable of running more than about 30% of the games. Long story short, n64 emulators are unstable and have lousy compatability.

Hmmm, I think you'll find both PJ64, and 1964 (+ I suspect Nemu 0.8) have higher compat rates than that.... IMO you need to learn something called respect.

Anyways, back on topic - really looking forward to this release, the sooner the better ;) lol

desertboy

Xbox N64 Emulation Fanatic
HowardC said:
I think these types of comparisons are more insulting than anything. I mean no disrespect to the developers of n64 emus, but the n64 has been dead for several years, emulated for quite a few and still no single n64 emulator is capable of running more than about 30% of the games. Long story short, n64 emulators are unstable and have lousy compatability. I think it has to do with the mentality on that scene that if a game doesn't work properly, make a custom renderer for it. Imo this is the wrong way to go as the core of the emulator must have errors as well, else it wouldn't need a custom renderer.

How about the best emulator since epsxe, at least that one works well. ;)

Doesn't 1964 boot 98% of roms with 85% playable.

The N64 emu scene has been on fire recently plugin wise.

Have you actually used an N64 emulator?

I managed to complete Zelda:OOT with 0 crashes.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
*wipes tear from eye

This is a good moment.. thanks alot to all the authors, you guys rock. :blush:

edit: Mezkal, so you own a DOA Arcade Board?

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
desertboy said:
Doesn't 1964 boot 98% of roms with 85% playable.

The N64 emu scene has been on fire recently plugin wise.

Have you actually used an N64 emulator?

I managed to complete Zelda:OOT with 0 crashes.

I've used them since the beginning, regularly. So when I make claims like this they are quite legit. Boot doesn't mean playable, playable doesn't mean glitch free. As I said, only about 30% of the games run perfect, just as they would on the n64. I have a great deal of respect for n64 emu developers for the record, it's just he n64 still isn't emulated well after all of these years.. I was giving chankast a compliment in that it's already better. I also thought that epsxe was a better comparison as almost any disc you pop in plays flawlessly.

*Sigh* Some people only see the negative in a statment when you make an opinioned post.

When I'm insulting a device, application or person you'll know it by the use of the word "sucks" and the sound of them crying.

Trotterwatch

Anyways, let's agree to disagree (quite drastically) on this one... or if you wish to continue it, open up another thread. Any off topic posts in this thread from now on will either be:

a) moved
b) deleted

madprofessor

zito oi penses
i think i understand HowardC's point but i can't complain about n64 emulation in general as it is more or less complete. There is definately space for a new emu or a good patch for pj64 to form rock a solid emu, but still u can play any game at good speed and quality if u try a bit.

but all this is just off-topic and we should get our buts kicked cause CHANKAST RULEZ and alpha 0.2 is CoMiNg!!!! chanka team OwNzzZZzzZzz :)

R00ster

HowardC said:
As I said, only about 30% of the games run perfect, just as they would on the n64.

Most of the good games on Chankast already run on chankast(alpha2) like Shenmue, SoulCalibur and Doa 2. And they are playable , there some glitches but its an alph.
And who said that we wantto play 100% of all games for dreamcast on chankast?
I think its a good progressing project and maybe in the future chankast is nearly 100% compatible who knows? Epsxe is almost 100% compatible....