What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Heu . i have a problem. When i put the plug in direct x , the emulator crash and a error occured like "project64.exe error". what is the problem?

Too , when i use opengl option , it work but with the last forceware drivers i have bug , but in 72.10 version all is good , an upper like 72.10 i have bug? why?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Have to bump this thread again:
I know you can't work on the plugin till the next year, so it isn't a great deal at all, but I just wanted to ask whether it would be possible to change the texture packs into the plugin?!?
Sounds some kind of silly but I will explain what I mean:
There are sometimes multiple texture packs out for the same game (like the Zelda or the Mario Packs) and it's some kind of annoying to erase or move all the files to a new folder...
Why not creating a subfolder-recognition with brackets for each different texture pack?
'Super Mario64'--[Cel ShadePack]
I I----'HUD'
I I----'blub'
I-[Realistic Pack]
I----'blub'
I----'blub2'
etc...
Hope you guys know what I mean...
Wanna know/read some opinions...

chaosjunkie

Ok I'm new at this but I'm really excited to get into it. I've been researching the hi res stuff for n64 emulators all day and I downloaded the plug-in. I just need to know where to place it. I put it in the plug-in folder for the PJ64 emulator but I just need to know how to get the plug-in to work. If you guys could please help me that would be great.

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
What do you mean by unable to download? Do you mean, as in, it doesn't work after you downloaded it, or that the link doesn't work, or that it stops halfway through etc.
Be a little more specific!

Acid Rain

I need some help. Whenever I try to go and activate this plug-in(I'm using 1964), it gives me an error "Can't find bmglib.dll" and it won't work. Anyone know what's wrong?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yes. Go to the 1st page of the thread, download this file, decompress it and place it in the directory of the emulator.

chikkinlittle

whenever I tried to download, it would go to the "you must be logged in screen," and that was only for beta 10, today, however, it worked on the first try.

luffink

I´ve recently installed the 1964 emulator and this beta of Rice video. Then, I tried to load the hi-res textures for Mario kart 64, but when the game starts, the rice window says "Hires texture does not support extreme texture replication" a lot of times. I don´t know how to fix it (I´ll try with the proyect 64 emulator, but i don´t know if this will work) Can anyone help me?

Nocturno

hi
how can i make this plugin work?
I copied the ricevideo.dll archive in the plugin's folder then i run the emulator and it doesn't load it in the congig menu, then I copied the bmglib.dll archive into the emulator folder and tried to run again and when I try to open the config menu I get a message saying Unable to read ini file from disk and the emulartor freezes,, what I am doing wrong?

thanks..

jbreuer

M[u]ddy said:
Thats where the files have to be:
.../[Emulators folder]/BMGlib.dll
.../[Emulators folder]/plugin/RiceVideo.dll
.../[Emulators folder]/plugin/RiceVideo6.1.0.ini

The RiceVideo6.1.0.ini can be found in:
http://www.emutalk.net/attachments/...video-6-1-0c-ricevideo6.1.0c.rar?d=1109981645

Thanks for het ini file but I have another problem.

I get this messages when I try to change my textures (click on the link for the picture).

my.php

I use Project64 1.6 and I don't know how to solve this problem.
In another help file I found the following answer:
LOAD option can be enabled/disabled during the game play

I have no idea what this means so could you please help me because I would love to try the new textures for OoT

Last edited: