What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
^^^You're right, The Bomber's Notebook doesn't show anything. However, if you are dumping textures while you are "looking at" the notebook, you can see that they are being called properly (see attach.) Maybe one of the many settings does something to fix this?

Rice: In the middle of retexturing Majora's Mask, I noticed that your plugin doesn't blend the magic bar together properly. This is how it's set up: One texture used for the left 'cap,' one for the middle bar (and probably this is tiled once when you get the double magic upgrade), and lastly, the right cap is taken from a mirror of the left one. The only problem here is, the left cap is blended while the right side stays in its original format (just the mirrored texture, not blended). I bring this up because I've checked this out in Jabo 1.6, and it works properly - both sides are blended. The pictures below are taken at 640x480 without antialiasing, and blown up 2x in size. Is there already a workaround for this, or is it something that needs to be fixed? Thanks. Ideally, for high-resolution textures, there would be no blending at all. Ah well.
(I'm a big fan.)

EDIT: Appears to only happen in DirectX; OpenGL using fragment programs doesn't have this issue.

Last edited:

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
There are many issues with Majoras Mask, For example when you start MM, the scene in wich the majoras mask spins in front of you, you only see a black screen. The same is with the effect between day and night.

Federelli

Beta Tester
That's framebuffer effects issues.

First Motion Blur, then using the framebuffer to make the screen smaller and smaller

Mollymutt

error when starting roms

When i load up a rom in beta 10, it loads the hi rez textures, then I get an error to start video message. When I click it I get a box that says g_pRender is null.
What can I do to fix this?

neo64

Ali G. said:
is there anybody who got working the bomber´s diary in Majora´s Mask with this plugin???
I've never tried emulating Majoras Mask, but perhaps there are problems because of the resolution change in the diary.

AndyTHL

When im installing Beta 10, do i need to have installed RiceVideo 6.1.0c first?
Musst i install the new version over the old, or do i only need the new one? :huh:

Until now, i don't get any texture pack from here, to work. :smurf:

Where is the load option, which i read in the discription?
At the Texture Filter Tab, my Emulator says:
"Advanced Options are not allowed to be changed" :huh:
What do I mak wrong?

Greetings, Andreas

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
To answer your questions,
no, you don't need to overwrite an old version. You just need the newest beta.
For the advanced settings, on the main tab there should be an option that's called something like "Hide advanced settings." Uncheck that to gain access to advanced settings.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Rice i have a problem.

In LOZ Ocarina of Time , When I modify and change the texture inside a shop , or link house , or goron shop , no way to see my retex hires. But the rest is ok?

A solution?

snesmaster40

Try reseting the game if it's a new texture that you placed in the hi-res texture folder.

Or if you modified the file whilst it's in the hi-res texture folder leave and re-enter the shop/house/place or just reset the game

Kiggles

I am having difficulty with the latest version. For some reason or another, texture dumping as simply stopped working. I can enable it, and the setting will remain until a game is started. Checking the graphics plug-in settings reveals texture dumping has been disabled. For the record, yes, I have checked that it is not dumping any textures. :)

Any idea what is going on?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
This option is programmed in such that it is always disabled every time you restart the emulator. This prevents users from unhappy system performance by having the option on and forgetting about it. If you are using PJ64 which initializes the plugin at every game play, the option will be disabled at every time when a game is started.

You can use 1964, or you can enable the option manually every time.

Last edited:

Toast Siege

EmuTalk Memberr
Rice said:
This prevents users from unhappy system performance by having the option on and forgetting about it.
Not to mention dumping tens of thousands of textures without knowing it. It's fine the way it is now.

MuhMuh said:
when you start MM, the scene in wich the majoras mask spins in front of you, you only see a black screen.
Using Rice's plugin, this can be fixed by ticking 'Disable Big Textures' under the Current Game Options tab.

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Rice! I want to make textures bigger than 4x, because some textures are so small, that you can't really improve them...

Qubeley

I am having problem exiting project 64 1.6 after playing a game using Rice video plugin 6.1.1 beta with Opengl.... Every time when I close the program or end emulation, I keep getting a window error message regarding nvoglnt.dll. I am using the latest Nvidia driver. Is there any way that I can exit the program without getting this message?

Jesterhead

Sounds like you play in OpenGL with Rice´s Plugin.
There is a known issue in PJ64 that it has some probs with OGL.
For more technical stuff search the Forum :p
Playing in Direct3D will fix it, or try an older Version of PJ64

Qubeley

Jesterhead, I don't have direct3d option for Rice's plugin. There is only DirectX and Opengl. By using Directx, I cannot even get in game. I usually get the message 'error to start video' and then 'runtime error'. Please help.

Jesterhead

Please post what game you are trying to play, also what for graphics-card do you have and driver versions.
Its usually not the badest idea to try a different Emulator (1964 normally, some games need Mupen64), or a different video plugin (Jabo´s, Glide64, Direct64...).
Have you the latest DirectX installed?
Try to reinstall it, also update your drivers.

Thats normally the things to do when you encounter problems with N64 emulating

Lufkin

Hi !

I'm new there and i want to try to re-texturing a game, but i don't know how do this. I have download this plug-in and activated it, but i don't know where i have to go for exporting the textures. Can you help me ?

Thank you very much and sorry for my bad english..