What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

aelita620

Rice said:
I don't want to release it as an official version, but rather as a beta version, so you guys can try and see if it can solve the base texture replication problems which was encountered in Super Smash Brothers 64.
What?:huh: I have a GeForce 4 MX 4000
and use your Rice Video 6.1.1 Beta 10 plugin with 1964 0.9.9
and Super Smash Bros works fine without those texture errors.
Are you guys using a version other than the USA version?

Qubeley

Jesterhead said:
I think that bug was introduced with 1.6, so any older version will do.

Thanks, Jesterhead. By using PJ 64 1.5, there is no problem existing the emulator. I will test the save games and texture packages and see whether they works on PJ 64 1.5.

Mollymutt

I was messing around with the settings to get Conker working correctly, and now OOT is all messed up. Link's body is invisible, and when I call up the menu screen, all I get is a black screen with a flickering link at the top, but when I take a screenshot, it comes up normal. I have a 1.3 ghz celeron with 512mb ram, and a Geforce fx 5200. HELP!! BTW,I'm using 1964 0.9.9

MuhMuh

German EmuTalk Cow
Hey Rice!
Can you please allow us to make textures bigger than x4?
When I wanted to remake some Characters and Monsters, I realised that their textures are like 4x4, 8x8 or 8x16 pixels. It's hard to improve such textures.

Trel

EDIT: nvm, I just saw the answer. (it was the using opengl with the latest pj64 crash thing)

Last edited:

azerty00957

Hello everyone,

Is what they is true that the plugin RiceVideo rounded the polygon in its version final?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by QoFten

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Rice some question regarding texture replacement...
Is there any way to replace multiple files with one texture, like a little INI file in the subfolder, named like a texture which should replace all the files with the names inside...
Because I'm working on a texture mod for my own and had the problem that there are often the same texture just with different names...
With your Beta version I have to name&copy the same file nearly 100 times...
A feature like this would really good fit into a new beta and probably would help Weatherton to replace some of the Joshi textures with his MagiKoopas...
Just an idea, dunno if it's possible.

Mollymutt

If you are talking about files in different folders, you don't need to edit all of them. Use the ones in the ci_by_png or png_all folders. You definatly don't need to edit the bmp files.

Weatherton

I'm pretty confident that MasterPhW is talking about actual multiple files of a single type to replace. For example, when replacing CI bmp files with pngs there is a new png for every iteration of color-indexing the original texture experienced. In some cases the texturer may want to match the original characteristics but in others (like mine, where there are so many different combinations it would be too large of a task) the texture artist would rather just replace all images with the same image (like a specific angle of Yoshi, no matter what the color-indexing may be, replaced with a single png for MagiKoopa). If there is some way to do something similar to what MasterPhW mentioned or even to have an additional folder dump where CI'd bmps only dump one image with some default color-indexing which can be replaced by a single png... I would really be excited about it.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
If they are all good textures, they are usually not the same textures, but different ones. If you pay very close attention, to compare two of them, you may find that these two textures are different by only few pixels. Good examples are the cart textures in Mark Kart. Cart textures are different only one a few pixels on the wheels.

If they are the exactly same textures, same sizes, they should have the same CRC based name.

Weatherton

Rice, I was under the impression that the changes in the wheels was done through color-indexing. This would make sense since the CI bmps are far fewer in number than the pngs.... I probably won't bother to add this tire spinning detail, so a method to replace all textures of a certain angle, regardless of the tire animation frame, would be helpful for me.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Weatherton said:
Rice, I was under the impression that the changes in the wheels was done through color-indexing. This would make sense since the CI bmps are far fewer in number than the pngs.... I probably won't bother to add this tire spinning detail, so a method to replace all textures of a certain angle, regardless of the tire animation frame, would be helpful for me.
Jub, same here...
Probably there are a few pixels different, but why making a texture pack so big for only some little pixels most people never recognize?
I really would like to see such a feature... but atm I will survive without it, so just don't hurry rice and finish first the IMPORTANT thins in real life.

Platinum Card

Me want Textures
:blush: Rice would you know the reason why only some of the textures applied to a game don't show up? And is texture loading very compatible with windows ME?

ASTP001

i put ur plug in in the plug in folder and when i open my emu (project 64) it freezes with an error message that says "can not find ini file from the disk" when i go to the settings! i don't know much about computers and i posted the same question in other threads concerning the retexture pack of ocarina of time (high res) because i thought it might be because of that, but i don't know, can some one please help me?

Mollymutt

Sorry to be pissy, but why can't anyone read the readme? That's why Rice added this in the first place! There's also a search feature here, use it. This question has been asked a million times in the last couple weeks!