What's new

Beta Input Plugin 1.76 released. *FeedBack*

hmmm

pj64er said:

is ur gamepad 100% DirectInput compatable?

nrage said before that stuff like this is usually not his plugin's fault...

Have you chosen the controller in the devices tab??

Kondorito

Yes, I put it in the devices tab and installed the latest drivers.
In others plugins the gamepad seems to be ok, but in this one......
I want this plugin, cos' the rumblepak.
My gamepad have force feedback and I want to use that.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Kondorito said:

ok, lets think about this in another direction, did ur gamepad work in Nrage 1.61?

were u able to assign keys?

PcVII

hi

hi i was wondering if it was possible to make shortcuts so when u push a button the controls change...

so like in bond when i click the second mouse button i can aim... but when i'm running around i want to be able to stafe with the keybourd and move forward and backward with keyboard.

maybe a ini that backups the last known good config would be nice :p so when it crash's and u have to clear the registry some settings are restored :p

i was also thinking that absolute x and y for the mouse might also do better if it was like able to be switched for split screen and stuff... maybe make it absolute to the window and not the screen also...

if that made anysence hopefully i just didn't annoy u :p

its a great plug in :)

hmmm

Kondorito said:

if by other plugins u mean jabo's, that uses directinput 7, not 8 like n-rage.

Im assuming u have directx 8 - so check if theres a problem with the joypad - start-run- dxdiag - input. it should be listed with 'no problems found' - if its not listed, or theres problems, read what it says. Try updating drivers.

Test from the control panel.

PcVII

hmm

i just noticed the modifyer stuff.. but i'm not sure what to do to get it how i want it... but i'll keep playing with it... keep up the good work

can't wait till next release

PcVII

error

i've been getting that error that crashes project 64 that the other guy was getting. I cleared the reg key like u told him and it works...

Tursiops_G

Hi, N-Rage!

I'm having a slight problem with the plugin.
(I'm running the Pokemon Stadium1 (US) ROM)...

When attempting to use the "GB Tower", I get to the screen that shows my installed GB cartridge (Pokemon Yellow US), and I can select it, but when I do so, PJ64 goes to a black screen, the framerate drops to <1FPS, and the CPU usage goes to 100%. :(

I waited awhile, but it doesn't seem to recover (endless loop?)

However, If I go to Prof. Oak's lab computer, it works, and I can get the data from the GB cart's savegame, so there IS data being transferred correctly from the Transfer Pak to the plugin.

I'm using an Adaptoid with the latest drivers, and a real N64 controller and Transfer Pak (no clone hardware).

The plugin is set for Adaptoid Pak, RAW Data Enabled.

Here's my config, just in case there's something obvious that I'm missing... ;)

Emulator: PJ64 v1.4 Final
Video Plugin: Jabo's Direct3D7 1.40 (window mode, 800x600x16)
Audio Plugin: Jabo's DirectSound 1.40
Input Plugin: N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 Beta 1.79

PC: Pentium-III 1GHz (ASUS CUSL2-C), 384MB RAM
Video card: nVidia GF2MX (original, NV11-01), Driver v21.83 WHQL
Sound card: SB PCI128, Driver v20.16 (latest Creative release)

Hope this feedback is useful...

Thanks!

- John (Tursiops_G)

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: hmm

PcVII said:
i just noticed the modifyer stuff.. but i'm not sure what to do to get it how i want it... but i'll keep playing with it... keep up the good work

can't wait till next release

im quite experienced with it now, go on ask me any questions:cool:

PcVII

Re: Re: hmm

pj64er said:

im quite experienced with it now, go on ask me any questions:cool:

how do u make it when u push and hold a button u use config 2... but when u let go your back on config 1? :p

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

@Tursiops_G: I dont think that works for anyone, atleast not with PJ64. To make u play GB-Roms on PJ64 u need to transfer the Rom( works, well atleast it transfers something, i assume it works ) and then the Emu need to be able to run it. I doubt Zil&Jabo tested that feature, so its very likely that running a GB-emu on a N64-emu aint possible yet.

@PcVII: setup both Analogstick controlsets, choose the one ur using at start. Make a Configmodifier( dont check toggle ), and check the "Cycle through Configuration" box. Assign the control u want to use the mod and hit "Apply".

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

oh and if someone manages to get Crashes, save the Profile and send it to me. I wanna know what settings cause that.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: Re: Re: hmm

PcVII said:

how do u make it when u push and hold a button u use config 2... but when u let go your back on config 1? :p

what nrage said only applys to ver1.79 and works only for ur control stick.

if u want two configs for all buttons, u gotta use ver1.61.

set what ever u want for config1 to 'normal controls' and ur config 2 to 'alternate controls'. make config modifer(again, dont check toggle) and check all that applies(ie all buttons u want to change).

nrage...I told ya ppl use this...

since u said the code was a mess before, could u make a macro which turns off a button (ie when holding shift, enter is no longer a push on the start button).
is this easier to make?
this can be used so that it is possible to have many alternate configs, and would completely remedy the need for making a alternate control set.

Last edited:

Tursiops_G

N-Rage said:
@Tursiops_G: I dont think that works for anyone, atleast not with PJ64. To make u play GB-Roms on PJ64 u need to transfer the Rom( works, well atleast it transfers something, i assume it works ) and then the Emu need to be able to run it. I doubt Zil&Jabo tested that feature, so its very likely that running a GB-emu on a N64-emu aint possible yet.

Ah, well...
Too bad that Jabo&Zilmar decided to call a halt on the development of PJ64 (but they obviously had their reasons) :( Especially since the development of new plugins (like yours) really have the potential to make N64 Emulation shine... ;)

Perhaps the next version of Nemu can make it work... :)

Thanks for all your hard work on this great plugin.

Cheers!

- John (Tursiops_G)

... Perhaps someday, all the N64 Emu programmers could get together, and create a "Unified" N64 Emulator... Now THAT would ROCK! ;)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Tursiops_G said:

Ah, well...
Too bad that Jabo&Zilmar decided to call a halt on the development of PJ64 (but they obviously had their reasons) :( Especially since the development of new plugins (like yours) really have the potential to make N64 Emulation shine... ;)

Perhaps the next version of Nemu can make it work... :)

Thanks for all your hard work on this great plugin.

Cheers!

- John (Tursiops_G)

... Perhaps someday, all the N64 Emu programmers could get together, and create a "Unified" N64 Emulator... Now THAT would ROCK! ;)

sorry to tell u this, but Nemu doesnt support zilmar's spec.

translation: nemu will not accept nrage's plugin.

Tursiops_G

pj64er said:

sorry to tell u this, but Nemu doesnt support zilmar's spec.

translation: nemu will not accept nrage's plugin.

Ya know, that thought really didn't cross my mind... I must be getting senile. (and I'm only 44!) :p

But, Who's to say that they won't do something similar in their OWN code? ;)

Cheers!

- John (Tursiops_G)

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
Ya know, that thought really didn't cross my mind... I must be getting senile. (and I'm only 44!)

wow a 44 year old into emulation? Thats awesome. You've got to be an awesome 44 year old. :thumbsup:

PS Did you fight in Vietnam? heheh

flow``

flow``
PS Did you fight in Vietnam? heheh

that's not funny.. im' sure almost everyone on the board in some way knows someone from vietnam. wars are not a laughing matter when families lose fathers and son's and relatives.

i know you didn't mean it that away, but please take a second to re-read something before you post it.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Tursiops_G said:

Ya know, that thought really didn't cross my mind... I must be getting senile. (and I'm only 44!) :p

But, Who's to say that they won't do something similar in their OWN code? ;)

Cheers!

- John (Tursiops_G)

dont worry, us little'uns will also get lost when thinking about emulating a emulator emulating a game!