What's new

Beta Input Plugin 1.76 released. *FeedBack*

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
hey Nrage, u finally figured out how to show stuff on screen (mouse unlocked message)! Somebody before wanted visual rumble, can u show it like ur mouse message?

then it will show even when full screen.

PcVII

hmm

pj64er said:
hey Nrage, u finally figured out how to show stuff on screen (mouse unlocked message)! Somebody before wanted visual rumble, can u show it like ur mouse message?

I'm glad it won't crash now, but i sent a email wondering if u still need force feedback if you check visual rumble. I guess I'll try when I get home.

keep up the good work n-rage! :p

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: hmm

PcVII said:

I'm glad it won't crash now, but i sent a email wondering if u still need force feedback if you check visual rumble. I guess I'll try when I get home.

keep up the good work n-rage! :p

i hav rumble gamepad, its much better than seeing a little message or picture on the screen. however some people do not hav it but still want to use it(usefule with stone of agony in OoT).

if ur wondering if rumble can coexist with visual rumble, answer is yes, i tried it.

DiaBlo666

thanks nrage.. i was the one who wanted that visual rumble..

i just beat zelda oot with no visual rumble but now im testing it and found a piece of heard with ur visual rumble mwuahahahh

::D thx...

PcVII

Re: Re: hmm

pj64er said:

i hav rumble gamepad, its much better than seeing a little message or picture on the screen. however some people do not hav it but still want to use it(usefule with stone of agony in OoT).

if ur wondering if rumble can coexist with visual rumble, answer is yes, i tried it.

well i was wondering if u could have visual rumble with out force feedback. he said to not use rumble if u don't have force feedback controller.

mine has force feedback but windows xp drivers don't support it.
so i was wondering if i had visual rumble check marked if i could have rumble pack selected.

*starts downlaoding new version*

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: Re: Re: hmm

PcVII said:

well i was wondering if u could have visual rumble with out force feedback.

thats what visualization was for, let ppl know if rumbling, without force feedback.

PcVII

Re: Re: Re: Re: hmm

pj64er said:

thats what visualization was for, let ppl know if rumbling, without force feedback.

ok i guess it was stupid me asking about it :p

i'm not sure where the rumble is :pi just noitce pj64 blinking on the task bar...

should i see something else?

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hmm

PcVII said:

ok i guess it was stupid me asking about it :p

i'm not sure where the rumble is :pi just noitce pj64 blinking on the task bar...

should i see something else?

the window bar should flash... and the PJ64-taskbar does too ;)
i told u not to use rumblepak with 1.79 and i told u the crashes are gone with next release, which is in fact 1.80.

Originally posted by pj64er

Its not a good way to show stuff, can only hope it works with OpenGL & Glide the same way as with DirectX( in fullscreen it just flickers ). the messages errr... kill themselfes so its not a big issue if it doesnt works, it just would happen nothing. if i would make a RumbleMessage it wouldve to be more agressive( kinda 20 windows popping/closing a second ) and/or would require to turn it on/off.. hence no suicide-candidates. Dont wanna risk crashes.

Tursiops_G

Gamer123 said:

wow a 44 year old into emulation? Thats awesome. You've got to be an awesome 44 year old. :thumbsup:

PS Did you fight in Vietnam? heheh

Actually, 'Nam was over when I served (1975-1982), but I was overseas during the Iranian Hostage Crisis (1979-80) aboard USS KittyHawk, and I am a Veteran.

BTW, who says that only kids can enjoy videogames? ;)

Cheers!

- John (Tursiops_G)

RJA

The PC Wiz
Well Kakarot,

If the Nvidia TNT Vanta is good for N64 emus, then it's good for
true PC games. If you are having problems, it's probably because of severe incompatibility issues with some D3D PC games.

My GeForce 2 MX 200 has the following issue:

NASCAR Revolution SE fails to initialise the D3D graphics routines,
therefore no graphics and game immediately crashes and the PC
lock-up crashes with a black screen.:eek:hoh:

But actually, according to the NASCAR Revolution SE documentation, a TNT/TNT2 video card is listed as a supported video card, but nothing listed about a GeForce. I guess GeForces
are incompatible with some games that are older than 2000.

Unfortunately with the integrated Intel AGP video (82815) controller, NASCAR Revolution SE also crashes and also lock-up
crashes the PC with a black screen.:hrm:

Emulating a N64 is very complex, so therefore if the TNT can render the gfx just fine, it's a good video card. The N64 has
advanced 3D rendering capabilities, so the TNT should be a good
video card. The D3D rendering capabilities are good.;)

But if you have any D3D PC games with issues, please tell me which D3D PC games are having issues.
D3D

Tursiops_G

RJA:

Direct-X 8.0 had some problems with D3D... Many of the bugs have since been fixed, AFAIK.

Try updating to Direct-X 8.1

I'm using a GeForce 2 MX (original NV11-01, similar to the current MX 400).

Also, it's been said that the new 23.11 nVidia drivers may also be buggy... try the previous 21.83 WHQL drivers and see if it works better for you...

HTH,

- John (Tursiops_G)

PcVII

oh *hits own head with hammer*

sorry i bugged u guys by reading it wrong
and asking dumb questons :p

*shoots star fox in smash bros* :p

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Tursiops_G said:
BTW, who says that only kids can enjoy videogames? ;)

noone, but most ppl above 30 r usually not very openminded towards videogames.

@Nrage Ok, i didnt know of the problems that it may cause.

so... r u still coding for version2? or is this it for now? (just asking...)

PcVII

can you make the shortcuts work with more than just keyboard keys? just a thought :p

what does mouse lock do?

good night everyone

keep up the good work n-rage

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
PcVII said:
what does mouse lock do?
it allows/disallows the mouse from clicking ur desktop

if u use the mouse to control the game (ie in first person shooters), and in window mode, not locking the mouse will give u problems(ull be clicking all over ur desktop). if its always locked, u would need to memorize keyboard shortcuts to quit, or change settings.

Glurak

pj64er said:

so... r u still coding for version2? or is this it for now? (just asking...)

this is probably the version he was talking about cause it's a complete redesign and I suppose also complete recode of the plugin ;)

PcVII

kool

pj64er said:

it allows/disallows the mouse from clicking ur desktop

if u use the mouse to control the game (ie in first person shooters), and in window mode, not locking the mouse will give u problems(ull be clicking all over ur desktop). if its always locked, u would need to memorize keyboard shortcuts to quit, or change settings.

kool :cool:

Tursiops_G

pj64er said:
noone, but most ppl above 30 r usually not very openminded towards videogames.

Well, maybe I'm in the minority here... ;)

It's just that I am fascinated by Emulation, and really enjoy playing around with it... :) I guess that I'm just a hacker at heart. (and that refers to the ORIGINAL term, not the other meaning that we have now) :/

Cheers!

- John (Tursiops_G)

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Tursiops_G said:

Well, maybe I'm in the minority here... ;)

It's just that I am fascinated by Emulation, and really enjoy playing around with it... :) I guess that I'm just a hacker at heart. (and that refers to the ORIGINAL term, not the other meaning that we have now) :/

Cheers!

- John (Tursiops_G)

well then, I hope u enjoy ur stay here :)

(now lets get back to topic :innocent: )

Last edited: